Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
BlueLiftback

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue 5-speed L/B
Short Basslink II Review...

Just finished putting in my new Infinity Basslink II.

I had originally purchased the Kenwood KSC (because it fit under the seat), but found that to not only be poor for low frequency response, but also EXTREMELY poor at high volumes.

By no means am I the one you'd spot rattling his car to pieces while driving down the road, but I do enjoy a low, clean bassline that has a bit of punch to it...

Back to the Basslink: WHOA

This thing KICKS. It might not be equivalent to a custom sub... but holy crap does it outperform the Kenwood. I expected it to, but not by THIS much....

Keep in mind this is the Basslink II (square 10"), and while I've seen a review on the first Basslink, haven't heard much about the second iteration yet...

For those with the Kenwood (or no sub at all), this is the BEST $200 powered complete enclosure sub I have ever heard.

Wholehearted thumbs up

PS: It is currently installed in the rear passenger footwell (it fits... barely). I plan on moving it to the rear cargo area now that I know it is perfectly capable...
BlueLiftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
cool review. glad you like it. it'll be another week before i can install my system.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
How much room does the Basslink II take up? Can it be hidden anywhere, like in the spare tire compartment (if the tire is removed)?

I wonder if there is room under the rear seat for a subwoofer...
'07 3-door Meteorite Metallic Liftback: manual transmission, power package, 60/40 split fold-flat rear seat, ABS, side airbags, keyless entry, fog lights, 7-spoke 15" Toyota alloys, cruise control, TRD sway bar.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
If ya can snap a pic for us.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I have one installed in my car it is great, it sounds great, and it looks good too, I have it mounted sideways, so i can keep the hatchback protector/cover thing in place. I use to have it in my jeep, but now it kicks but in my yaris.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #6
BlueLiftback

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue 5-speed L/B
It takes up the space in the rear passenger footwell (great if you only have 1 passenger, not so if you have people in the back).

It's a tight fit, but the seat can still go all the way back and recline (it also holds the sub in place quite nicely).

I was planning on putting it in the rear cargo area, but after ripping the Kenwood POS out, I just took the easiest route and spliced the connections in haha... I will get around to lengthening the wires, but for now I figure it's worthwhile to note that you CAN put it behind the seat (definitely not under though... it is a pretty big unit).

FWIW, this experience has taught me that no matter how much technology is involved, with subs at least, the under seat variety generally SUCK lol...

For those wondering, I'm running a JVC AVX-2 head unit. I highly reccomend that one as well. If you have yet to experience 5.1 digital DVD-Audio in a car, by all means do your ears a favor and give it a try!

I'll try and get some pics up, but no promises =)
BlueLiftback is offline   Reply With Quote