Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Dealer pricing

Wandered thru my local dealer lot today, and sometime in the last couple months, they now have a sticker showing a supplemental charge of $65 on all models...this is in addition to the sticker price. Hope they're only doing this so people think after dickering they get a bargain. Any other dealers doing this?

There were 2 LB and 2 sedan Yarii on the lot and all were automatic....so standard must really be getting rare. Also saw the new Xb, nice but at 28 mpg hwy, and looks that any mother hypo (or Hummer) would love, no longer for me (liked the first edition).
Old 06-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Never pay attention to the window sticker (MSRP) or any supplemental stickers. Find out the invoice price plus destination and work from that point.

Even at invoice the dealer is making a profit with factory holdback and factory to dealer incentives.

I bought my Yaris HB for dead invoice less $300 and no dealer fees.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
shannon_lee

Drives: Dodge Ram
How much did you pay out the door?
shannon_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
churp

I paid $35 under the sticker (sticker was exactly as the internet pricing showed)....That was the end of February($14,185....auto/convenience/cold weather/pwr/floor mats), but like I said they have an additional $65 tacked on now..
Old 06-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
My Yaris is $600 below invoice...
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
kimona
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon_lee View Post
How much did you pay out the door?
Hey, Shannon, if you like, I can give you the name of a friend who is the Fleet Sales Manager at a local dealership (Elmore Toyota). He'll definitely take care of you.

PM me if you're interested.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #7
kimona
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
My Yaris is $600 below invoice...
Well, I don't think you can buy a Yaris for $600 under dead invoice.

However, I do believe you can buy one for $600 under a packed invoice (which includes dealer advertising and other bullshit dealer costs which are added to factory invoice and called dealer invoice).
Old 06-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #8
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona54 View Post
Well, I don't think you can buy a Yaris for $600 under dead invoice.

However, I do believe you can buy one for $600 under a packed invoice (which includes dealer advertising and other bullshit dealer costs which are added to factory invoice and called dealer invoice).
I'm not sure if it's the dead invoice but it's the invoice price for 3 different dealerships (Cabe, Carson and Cerritos).
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
churp

Packed invoice? Dealer invoice?....had a diehard AMC friend that went thru the AMC dealers garbage when they closed down (25) years ago, and he claimed there were 5 or 6 different invoice pricings......I worked at a Datsun dealer behind the parts counter during college (had a chance to buy a real cobra for $2,000 32 year ago), and they also had 5 or 6 pricings....don't know how the invoice system works now so I prefer talking reductions from sticker price, because that isn't a hidden number, and it's one you can get on the computer (usually). Dealers are 50 miles apart here in the sticks, and for the most part pretty fair....now used car salsemen/politicians/lawyers that's another story.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #10
grampi

Drives: Corolla
I talked to my bro-in-law who is a Toyota salesman. He said he can get me the family discount, but it's only like $200 off the sticker price. I know the markup isn't much on these cars, but that sounds a little low to me. Seems like he should be able to get at least $500 knocked off the price. I'm going to do some checking into this to see if he's pulling my leg.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:46 AM   #11
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
I like Rain. Anyhow, event Destination is a profit item. In Nor Cal I could not get close to invoice, I got $500 off of sticker. I don't really care, because the car is great and I am saving tons over my Xterra in the gas dept.
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote