Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #163
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Almost have enough cash saved to get the Projectors from Garm with the LEDs and such....that is probably my last thing till I figure out if I will have a job after summer....sad face....

Air bags on hold,new paint on hold,but will complete interior CF and Neffy in plans to put in the baggs......

If anyone is wondering I have super bad ADHD......and have modded nearly everything I ever drove including an 87 Chevy Citation Station wagon,and a 89 Dodge mini van.....lol
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #164
bzinn 1

Took some more pictures of whole car today while it wasn't raining......

Old 11-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #165
catliektheif

Drives: 2010 5 Door
so sick.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:28 AM   #166
nevada

Drives: Black Toyota Vits '08
Ow mannn!!!! Nice Rideeee! And Its Seattleee !!! Damn i miss this environment a lot ...
nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #167
Dadams

Drives: '09 yaris hatchback
what % are your windows at?

EDIT
Oh and what are those two red circles behind your front grill? Sorry for the noob question Im sure its something obvious :P

Last edited by Dadams; 11-06-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Dadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #168
Dadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzinn 1 View Post
By the way.......could someone else start a build thread......the whole site has like 5 active build threads.....I know I am not the only one and I would love to see others builds too......I need ideas and have no shame of borrowing ideas from others....lol
Here you go! look in my signature. Im on the same boat with you I would love to start getting some suggestions and feedback on my ride. Its not nearly as complete as yours but Im starting some serious mod's this week so be looking forward to updates soon!

My yaris build!
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #169
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadams View Post
Oh and what are those two red circles behind your front grill?
Aftermarket horns. Hella SuperTone/DuoTone. Those don't require any fancy re-wiring, just plug-and-honk. The stock horn is just pitiful. =)
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #170
Dadams

yeah I totally agree they sound totally wimpy haha thanks for solving that for me though I probably wont do that till way later

My yaris build!
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Old 11-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #171
bzinn 1

tint is 20% just below legal in Washington,haven't gotten hassled so far for it by the cops
Old 11-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #172
Dadams

sweet I think Im getting 15%in the back and 30% in the front

My yaris build!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #173
bzinn 1

I couldn't imagine living in Texas without tint........

So I managed to locate a clearance set of Takata Crotch Straps 6 points got em under $40 for the set,should be here tomorrow,will see then if I got junk or a happy purchase.

Also finally decided to get a qucik release steering wheel if I can locate te right hub adapter to keep horn and blinker,I know they make one I just can't find it...lol

Still got to get all final measurements doen for airtank and compressors so I can at least begin the rear false floor,I already hav e the resin and fiberglass and MDF so may as well if it is free right....hpoing i no get laid off,....could you imagine not having to goto work and still get a paycheck.....so many more hours to modify....lol...but it would indeed suck to not have a job after 13 years.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #174
Dadams

Hop to it man! hahaha I would looooove to see it when your done! :D

My yaris build!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #175
bzinn 1

Well I finally got paid from a customer for some work I did and so I bought the leather Sparco wheel and NRG hub adapter from Garm and found a NRG quick release for cheap so guess I at least have something to do in the weeks to come...
Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #176
bzinn 1

So spent a bit f my day at my Boss's house talking about work and it looks like I should be ok job wise. He is impressed on my abilities and my ability to just go in and do the work even if it sucks and no one else will do it....

So on Thursday the hub adapter,quick release,steering wheel and 2nd Takata crotch strap should all be here at once.....very excited cause I worked like 2 months to make the money to get it all at my side job and then had to wait like 2 months to get paid....I will take pictures of everything Thursday night and then will install it Saturday and post up pictures of the install....I am really excited to finally get this part of the build done.

If everything goes well I should also be getting an AEM Oil Pressure and Coolant Gauge,kinda an old school thing lol that was all we could get back in the day for a car other than Volt gauge....so figured why not just do it.

Waiting for the MI Crank Pully,and still gotta make a little more cash to get the HID Projectors from Garm...
Old 11-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #177
jimmykwlo

Drives: 2011 white yaris 5DR Sport
Man, look so nice, sorry I had been so busy, therefore I have not have a chance to call you or meet with you, but I should have more free time in about a week or so, I hope I can see your in car in person by then. Thank you
jimmykwlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:50 AM   #178
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
as soon as i actually start doing things to my yaris, I'll start a build thread >_>. no neat things currently except speaker installation, lol.

glad you didn't lose your job! also if you decide you dislike any parts.....send them my way. :p
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #179
bzinn 1

Sparco steering wheel,NRG hub and quick release arrived today....thanks to Garm and MI for having one in stock....I will get it all installed Saturday.

Also got my second Takata crotch strap today as well,so will pull seat and mount it to the frame at same time.

Not really sure if I am gonna use the horn in the horn position,think I am just gonna hook them up to a toggle,I think I have used my horns in cars at best 5 times in 20 years....

The deep dish is nice because it will bring the wheel what looks like 2 inches closer to me,I am short and it sucks arms nearly fully extended to reach my wheel and pedals in a comfortable position,so this is exactly what I was hoping for.

Not worried about the clockspring,most the time I just turn off the blinkers by hand anyway,probably should of sprung a bit more for the WorksBell hub but ehhhhh it don't matter...lol.....gotta hit up the home depot though casue the steering wheel didn't have the screws in the box,but no worries on a couple of bucks for screws.

Also probably gonna drop the column position down about an inch with a spacer,I hate how high ours sit.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #180
bzinn 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykwlo View Post
Man, look so nice, sorry I had been so busy, therefore I have not have a chance to call you or meet with you, but I should have more free time in about a week or so, I hope I can see your in car in person by then. Thank you
No worries man,I been working like a dog myself this last month,between my job,my art restoration business,and working on everyones cars I almost am never even home....lol