Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #163
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
And xhifer, hope will be one of the good cops that still obey the road laws. lol. We need more good cops out there.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #164
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhifer View Post
I didn't take anything personally. Trust me, I have thick thick skin. Hope you feel the same. Tell me about it... I self-sponsored myself because the economy is/was crap and plus I was only 20 when I self-sponsored myself. I am 21 now and still looked down as inexperience. I have to go on the oral board and sell myself and explain why I am "experienced" and had "life-exp."

Good luck in your process as well. With 8 years in, I don't see why you won't make it through the process. I just hope you're in shape now after working in the jails for 8 years. Haha.

We are going way off topic. My apologies.
i appreciate it, by the way the doughnut eaters are the cops not the jailers ... im 28 and im definetly in shape
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #165
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
I had a tint ticket a little over a year ago. I originally got 5% installed but the cop had one of those little readers and it read 2%. I got a ticket for the tint but went to court and had the judge toss it when I complained about this wild Florida sun.

This was some dude in an unmarked officer car who probably had a bad day and had nothing to do but give me a hard time.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #166
Kaotic Lazagna

I didn't realize Florida had tint laws. lol. The sun is not a legit reason tho unless you have a doctor's note. You're lucky that it was tossed out. hahaha
Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #167
Mead

Drives: BSP Yaris LB 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhifer View Post
Cops are human too.

...and nobody's perfect but people on this thread argue like the world is black and white
Mead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #168
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
I had a tint ticket a little over a year ago. I originally got 5% installed but the cop had one of those little readers and it read 2%. I got a ticket for the tint but went to court and had the judge toss it when I complained about this wild Florida sun.

This was some dude in an unmarked officer car who probably had a bad day and had nothing to do but give me a hard time.
Thats what im saying, here in south florida to say the least, they wont pull you over just to give you a tint ticket, but if they pull you over for whatever other reason and you give them an attitude they definetly will give you one for tints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead View Post

...and nobody's perfect but people on this thread argue like the world is black and white
technically speaking it is.....
Old 02-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #169
RABYARIS

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3D AT
Many people think the Government is the biggest threat to their freedoms but it really is our fellow citizens who are the real threat to our freedoms. Think about it, a man cannot put tint on his personal property in the United States of America. Window tint for Christ sake...we are not talking about fully automated weapons. We are talking about window TINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The excuse is always the same, protect the police...blah, blah, blah...and remember folks that there are many laws on the City, State and Federal level that we are all criminals. Just wait for your turn.

Live free or die!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #170
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABYARIS View Post
Many people think the Government is the biggest threat to their freedoms but it really is our fellow citizens who are the real threat to our freedoms. Think about it, a man cannot put tint on his personal property in the United States of America. Window tint for Christ sake...we are not talking about fully automated weapons. We are talking about window TINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The excuse is always the same, protect the police...blah, blah, blah...and remember folks that there are many laws on the City, State and Federal level that we are all criminals. Just wait for your turn.

Live free or die!!!!!!!!!!!
You can put all the tint you want on your house windows as it is on private property.
However, when you are in a vehicle on public roads it is everone busines how dark the tint is!

You give up the right to privacy when in public. Even the most consevative supreme court justice agrees with this.
Would you want to pass a law that no one can look at you when in walking in public?

I'm a firm believer in keeping the goverment out of our lives but, when on a public road, it become my businees what you may or may not be doing in your car!
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #171
Kaotic Lazagna

I'm all for front window tint, but if it gets to the point where I can't see the driver, that's just too dark. I wanna know if some lunatic is pointing a gun at me while driving or at a light.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #172
xhifer

Drives: none
I think a lot of people forget the fact that driving is a privilege. It is not a RIGHT. I'm sure when you sign up to get your DL you're signing that you'll abide by THEIR LAW and if you don't, you may get fined. Period.
xhifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #173
CPALK719

As i said in my other post, i know Here at least in South florida, cops wont fuck with you about tints, unless they pull you over for other reasons as well. state of florida LEGAL tint limit is 20%. i have on my yaris which i just got 3 weeks ago 15% my evo 15% and my del sol 15% tint.

NEVER have i once been pulled over and ticketed for it. trust me here in florida you got scumbags driving with DOUBLE LIMO TINT and even their front windsheild tinted up. so as i said to say the least florida isn't to bad when it comes to that. not so sure how it is in some of these little hick states and im sure state of california is very strick considering they have those crazy laws about modding cars and and impounding and crushing cars. i can only imagine.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #174
RABYARIS

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3D AT
Before the Government takes away our rights in terms of our private property they should have to prove their claims of safety issues with window tint. For example, what % of window tint drivers shoot other people through their tinted windows? I have never heard of a case. Or how about a study that shows how increasing your window tint reduces your visibility by "X" amount.

We are now to the point where citizens give up their rights without statistical or scientific proof of the necessity of the law. Our Constitution was set up to protect the rights of the individual citizen not the rights of an over reaching government.

"You can put all the tint you want on your house windows as it is on private property. However, when you are in a vehicle on public roads it is everone busines how dark the tint is!" - I can hear the new law now..."Your house faces a public road therefore the police have the right to see into your home in case you shoot at them through your window".

"I'm a firm believer in keeping the goverment out of our lives but, when on a public road, it become my businees what you may or may not be doing in your car!" Absolutely false..."may or may not" gives you no right what so ever to interfere with my rights to privacy. That is 1946 Joseph Stalin speak.

"I think a lot of people forget the fact that driving is a privilege. It is not a RIGHT. I'm sure when you sign up to get your DL you're signing that you'll abide by THEIR LAW and if you don't, you may get fined. Period." With this logic then voting can become a privilege, citizenship and then breathing.

The Government is not our parent. It is supposed to serve us not vice versa. It is supposed to be restrained from unnecessarily interfering with our lives.

I am sorry for the rant and I do not wish to offend or insult anyone but Thomas Jefferson once said, "Can the liberties of a nation be sure when we remove their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people, that these liberties are a gift from God?"
Old 02-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #175
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
^ Wat.

I've drunkenly stumbled into The Situation Room.

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #176
Mead

In California, you can tint the front with Doctor's permission or be an A-List Celebrity.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #177
Mead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABYARIS View Post
Before the Government takes away our rights in terms of our private property they should have to prove their claims of safety issues with window tint. For example, what % of window tint drivers shoot other people through their tinted windows? I have never heard of a case. Or how about a study that shows how increasing your window tint reduces your visibility by "X" amount.

We are now to the point where citizens give up their rights without statistical or scientific proof of the necessity of the law. Our Constitution was set up to protect the rights of the individual citizen not the rights of an over reaching government.

"You can put all the tint you want on your house windows as it is on private property. However, when you are in a vehicle on public roads it is everone busines how dark the tint is!" - I can hear the new law now..."Your house faces a public road therefore the police have the right to see into your home in case you shoot at them through your window".

"I'm a firm believer in keeping the goverment out of our lives but, when on a public road, it become my businees what you may or may not be doing in your car!" Absolutely false..."may or may not" gives you no right what so ever to interfere with my rights to privacy. That is 1946 Joseph Stalin speak.

"I think a lot of people forget the fact that driving is a privilege. It is not a RIGHT. I'm sure when you sign up to get your DL you're signing that you'll abide by THEIR LAW and if you don't, you may get fined. Period." With this logic then voting can become a privilege, citizenship and then breathing.

The Government is not our parent. It is supposed to serve us not vice versa. It is supposed to be restrained from unnecessarily interfering with our lives.

I am sorry for the rant and I do not wish to offend or insult anyone but Thomas Jefferson once said, "Can the liberties of a nation be sure when we remove their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people, that these liberties are a gift from God?"
Hey we know you're pissed about the government, but there is some level of safety involved with driving and the rules to protect the public. The rules are dumbed down to meet the skill level of all drivers. Based on your world, we can tint the windshield and ban all speed limits right? you want ulitmate freedom? where do you draw the line and keep in mind you're sharing the road with 90 yo grannys, illegals, deaf people, drunks, the list goes on and on. The public is not all perfect like you and the world is not the same when Thomas Jefferson was alive
Old 02-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #178
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
^ Wat.

I've drunkenly stumbled into The Situation Room.

-C
eww a georgia bulldogs fan...
Old 02-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #179
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
I live in Northern Kentucky, and my windows are tinted. Never been hassled, but I'd be a little anxious if I took a long road trip.....
As for police officers, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I've known more than a few. There are good cops, but there are a hell of a lot of asshole cops out there who combine their egos with that gun and a badge mentality. Not a fan....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #180
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
It speaks volumes that the ones who cry the loudests about losing "rights" are the exact same ones who want to shove a probe up a woman's privates when no doctor says it is warrented or nessary.

The "we are loosing rights" crowd has lost all credibility long ago.
Even Ron Paul is a study in hypocrisy.

BTW, the loosing "rights" crowd also fails to realize that even the founding fathers recognized that certain things shoudd be illegal and some things should be limited by the federal government and...... the wild west that they long for had much more gun control laws than they are aware of.
Example......... it was a law in most every town that guns were not allowed in any salloon for obvious reasons. This is why small, "hidden" weapons were developed back then. Also many towns had laws that guns were not allowed in churches, etc. So, even then there was much gun control, paticularly considering that there were only a few types of guns available back then, unlike today.

Their view of the wild west where guns ruled is from historically inaccurate Hollywood movies, etc.
They worship a time that never was and never will be!

Everyone who signed the consitution did not agree with all the provisions and wording but, they all reluctantly signed it anyway. They all compromised for the good of the (new) country! If they could see us now......!

Anyway, this "losing rights" argument has no place in this discussion about tints except that we have a right to know what you are doing in your car on public roads.

About cops.......
Yes, there are good and bad cops just like in every other profession.
However, we all can agree that cops are absolutely nessary.
Now, how can we fault either a good or bad cop when they point out that you have knowingly, purposely violated a law whith the full knowledge that they do not make the laws and are only sworn to enforce them?

Would you pound your hand with a hammer and then, expect it not to hurt?
Let's grow up a bit here people.

Last edited by RedRide; 02-24-2012 at 04:59 PM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote