Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!
 
Yaris Revenge's Avatar
 
Drives: Lagann. ;P
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: My own little world.
Posts: 717
Heh, I've always liked the Aztek, except for the wheels... they always look too small for the body. Closest thing you can get to an "armored truck" look.

The Fit does look like a minivan, but I think the right body kit could probably cure it. Love the colors, particularly that orange. What really sours me toward buying one is knowing that 90% of the other Fit drivers out there will be those little ricer punks with their coffee can mufflers and poser race stickers. I want no part of that image.

~YR
__________________
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Yaris Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous
 
07WYarisRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ridgeway Ontario
Posts: 573
The three cars we liked best when testing were the Mazda 3 sport, FIT and Yaris RS.
The mazda was the best handling and performace, best looking intrior but I felt it was incomfortable (stiff seats) and the price was pretty compared to the yaris high when you start adding in all the extras. So that pretty much ended that.

So it came down to the FIT and the Yaris...
I felt the Yaris was more nimble and quicker off the line and on the hwy and it felt like you were driving a car bigger then the yaris actually is. The wife could not really tell any difference.
The Fit felt like I was driving a lowered mini van, inside and out it looks and feels like it. Very nice interior layout and color, Performance wise they are very close but the fit feels lazy where the yaris feels a bit more peppy. (both were automatics)
The dealer pointed out about the car not yet being crash tested and even stressed how he wondered how the fuel tanks under the drivers/pass seats would fair in a side impact crash test. That also got me wondering....hmmmm

For us it came down to the yaris only because the car feels and looks like a car, handles like a car and has everything we wanted and needed. As much as I love the Honda's interior the wife kept bringin up how much it looks and reminds her of a mini van.

If the Yaris RS was not available I would have likely gone with the Fit.
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
Packy
 
Drives: Honda Fit Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 11
Oh, and the crash-test results were another reason we went with the Fit. Keep in mind these are the NHTSA results, not the IIHS.

Fit: 5/5/5/3
Yaris: 4/4/3/3

key: front driver/front passenger/front side/rear side
Packy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
Bidoup
 
Bidoup's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 3dr BB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gatineau, Qc, Canada
Posts: 42
My friend just bought a 07 Sport Fit... I have no trouble with Honda but the fit design is just so ugly... It look like a minivan for midgets!!!
Bidoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole
 
spacemanoeuvres's Avatar
 
Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 119
I love hondas...

my girl has a 04 civic ex and I used to drive it every weekend (until I got my yaris)

but gawd'damn the fit is a fugly pos if I ever saw one. when I see one come to a stop I expect a procession of clowns to come pouring out

my .02 but who the hell cares what I think anyway
__________________
we am spase peepole
spacemanoeuvres is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thule fit kit for Yaris !!! lappie General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 13 09-14-2017 03:29 PM
Yari vs. Honda Fit nwdixieboy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 78 05-24-2006 01:08 PM
oh that stings birdy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 23 04-19-2006 11:36 AM
nice fit wushumasterku Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 11 02-11-2006 12:01 AM
How will this car do against other subcompacts (Fit, Versa) Mess11 General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 23 02-02-2006 11:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.