Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 06:04 AM   #217
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?
 
Shroomster's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,999
the entire site....all the stuff for the past year on the forum is gone
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:10 AM   #218
lostmind
 
Drives: 06 STi, 07 rav4, 07 yaris
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Port Moody
Posts: 100
wow. Honestly, I'd like to know what the issue was with backups before. This was such a busy and successful site, overlooking something as simple as backups... mind boggling. No offense but the last backup was last year? Was that a big tarball from a server move and no backups since?
lostmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:13 AM   #219
detroiter
 
detroiter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,238
I know were supposed to refrain from such language but I absolutely must make an exception this one instance...

I'd like to extend a big FUCK YOU to the person(s) responsible for this mess. It's not like this forum is a breeder of hate mongering and such that is usually expected from a internet forum. This forum contains some of the nicest and down to earth people one could meet and hold discussions with. Absolutely no reason why it should have happened here.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:14 AM   #220
*MAD DOG*
 
*MAD DOG*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 6,412
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
I'm not happy about this, in fact words can not fully express how I’m feeling at the moment about the site being hacked. I will not post what I really want to say as it won't be beneficial for anyone.

But, I do have a very important and valid question for the administrators.

Why would the last backup of this forum be a year old? You have a responsibility to the vendors who pay to have their ads, goods and threads on here and you also have a responsibility to the members.

I really feel for everyone, but the admin of this forum have to take full responsibility for this for not having proper back up procedures. Also proper back up procedures should be initiated immediately (Daily back ups at a bare minimum).

p.s. FUCK THE HACKERS that did this and I hope they die in a fire.
Yeah, I couldn't agree with myself more on this one
__________________


"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:26 AM   #221
BettyWoohoo
 
BettyWoohoo's Avatar
 
Drives: YARIS HB Blazin' Blue
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 17
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sad!! Alot of the stuff I was gonna try out on my car .. and all the information in my private messages is gone!!! I WANNA CRY!

Well At least the sight is still up,and I hope all the awesome helpful people come back or are still here..

Sad day
BettyWoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:27 AM   #222
AznGouki
Metsu
 
Drives: NCP91 ; E36
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 154
God this sucks
__________________
AznGouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #223
harveyjai
Touge Driver
 
harveyjai's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris YRX
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 82
Sigh...got to set everything up again...=.=
harveyjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:34 AM   #224
DFA
Compulsive Washer
 
DFA's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 395
Send a message via MSN to DFA
Fucking hackers!! That guy who fucked us has to be burned alive.

All there's left to do now is rebuild...
__________________

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:42 AM   #225
Ryu
 
Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 503
Agree on getting vendor sub-forum back up ASAP.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #226
kuyachris84
 
kuyachris84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 321
This is like 9/11 for yarisworld... lol

Damn terrorist!
__________________
2008 YARIS/VITZ LIFTBACK - BLACK SAND PEARL
Representing The Midwest!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3132598
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:47 AM   #227
goku87
 
goku87's Avatar
 
Drives: Black HB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: AK
Posts: 542
I'm not gonna lie... no backups for a year? That's just dumb. I'm sad. All the awesome stuff that was on here is gone. I didn't really contribute much, but I did learn a $#!+ ton from this site. It has definitely saved me from making costly mistakes on my car.

I hate hackers.
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #228
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing
 
TinyGiant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, NH
Posts: 3,394
sad thing...the hacker is probably reading this and over joyed.. getting what he wanted.. like a terrorist they enjoy in others pain... it is pretty pathetic,,

someone needs find out who it is and file with the FBI internet fraud and cyber terrorism deptartment.. make it hit home.. hard
__________________
Sold the yaris... rocking an 89 vw cabriolet now :)
TinyGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #229
Minne_Yaris
 
Minne_Yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Polar White Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 59
this is the only time I'm FOR the death penalty!!!!
__________________
Yaris Sedan
Minne_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #230
Greenthunder
 
Greenthunder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 150
Well I guess we'll just have to rebuild
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #231
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Just please be patient everyone.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #232
Astroman
Modded Moderator
 
Astroman's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Posts: 3,670
+1 on the calendar feature.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #233
eco
 
eco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 884
LOL,google cached this site more then our admin,thats just sad,not trying to make enemys,but backups are a rule of thumb.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #234
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??
 
Ferret_san's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 YR
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia - BrisVegas
Posts: 285
Search Function Bug

Hmmm. Seems the timing is a bit off when you acidentially click search to many times...


This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 13273 seconds.
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.