Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #2575
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
So I have a few requests for more detail pictures at the Big 3, so here we go:

From the Alt. to Battery:

D.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #2576
derickveliz2

From the Engine Block to Ground:

D.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #2577
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
On that posi stud coming out of the alternator.

I ran mine under the shroud as well. I have mine split loomed coming out of the alty and just before it reappears on the other side, I've used heat shrink and tech flex to "pretty it up".
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #2578
derickveliz2

It sounds so nice, can't wait to get it again!

D.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #2579
Mz3oh5

Drives: 13' HB
Our going to love your sound system once it is done. TRUST ME!! Music is so enjoyable when you can truly feel it.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #2580
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

That last post made me chuckle...

Hey D, you might not enjoy music now, but you will when you're done.

*sigh*

It's a disease my musical brother...a disease. We're all carriers here. Of most anyone here, I think I know where DV's head is at.

(Note: no one needs to take offense to my post, the first part is dripping with humorous sarcasm)

Point? It's NEVER done! You'll always have ideas floating around in your head on how to improve the sound you currently have.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #2581
Mz3oh5

Jealousy is the biggest compliment!!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #2582
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Please qualify that last post.

Who's being jealous? Me? Jealous of who? Derick? If that's the case, you don't know the history around this board or between myself and Derick. I would venture to say that he and I could be considered musical brothers. We're just separated by geography.

If you need perspective, I can offer it. So can Derick. The last post should have been taken as diametrically opposite of jealousy. It was simply a chuckle and humorous sarcasm into how you mentioned being finished with a sound system. That's all.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #2583
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Lolll stop "hating" Sq before I send you to DIY!

Long time no see btw guys.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #2584
derickveliz2

I can't complain, it sounds better than I ever expected, it's unreal.

Thinking in the past "I only wanted to put a subwoofer in my car" and see where I end up.

I've been stopping by Audio Shops and asked the owner for a feedback, after they listen to the Yaris they are speechless. Wonder why?

I know I'm never going to be done.

What I'm very thankful is to all the help in YarisWorld and Sqcomp for the knowledge and friendship, nothing would have been possible without all you guys.

My best rewards is that I know how to do it, in a Yaris or a Minivan, I feel confident that I can design a system, install it and tune it with great success!

Yaris sounds great!
110K miles
42 mpg
and... Yeah I can feel the music in 3D.

The best car I ever had.

D.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #2585
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Right?!

I made an introduction privately that was absolutely welcoming and informative...no sarcasm.

I've been playing around with my new project, the little SRT-4 I picked up for 6k. This little girl pulls like a freight train! It's completely different than the Yaris. I'll be setting it up for time attack runs under the ICSCC and NASA formats. I've got the girl in storage until I get enough bolt on parts for a reason to take it out to test.

I've got a neat little oiling mod I need to take the valve cover off for, a custom painted catch can and check valve, Diablosport iTune to install, 1025cc rescaled injectors and a special tune for the DSI.

Gotta get an NGK AFX and replace the stater to complete the first of five phases. I have a whole mind map...extensive mind map that takes this little car down to 2600 lbs and the ability to go up to 590 ponies with the little 5558 snail and some hotter go juice (with some headwork, oiling mods, and perhaps some bottom end work as well).

There's A LOT more to this, believe that. You'll see a neat transformation over the next two years.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #2586
Mz3oh5

I think investing numerous amounts of money on audio upgrades on a yaris is too much considering its not a muscle car or a collectors car unless maybe your car is ONLY a show car with thropies to show (meaning its not street legal). Yaris is unique considering it has potential to be a tuner car however, the only difference you will see in performance is putting in a turbo. Externally it has the curves and once you drop it without having any camber issues it looks appealing.

The first upgrade I did on my car was the audio system. I took out the useless original yaris radio & side door speakers & put in a Sony System. I also have a MTX Magnum Audio MB212P Magna Bass Package, two 8-ohm 12" subs & 250-watt mono amplifier. The only speakers I left alone were the side speakers in the backseat & side speakers in the trunk because they audio contrast each other. I spent close to $600 on everything & Im very satisfied with I have, but I do have a HATCHBACK not a Sedan (sound waves). I think wasting any more than $600 on a max $15,000- $17,000 new 07 yaris would be ridiculous!! Correct me if im wrong, but thats my opinon.

Last edited by Mz3oh5; 09-11-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Mz3oh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #2587
pennyracer
boydstir

Drives: 08 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to pennyracer Send a message via Yahoo to pennyracer
i am sure some really don't care what you think when it comes to personalizing ones care and your small budget to spend on a yaris . yes they sell for a lot less than others cars and do the job as good or better without the heavy cost and maintenance of others cars . i did not spend 15000 for my new yaris it was 13800 out the door its a great car and i have improved it greatly in the areas i feel that were needed for my own taste . i say different strokes for different folks i feel you statements offend some people like me as you can tell . least your were smart enough to join the best site on the internet for the yaris's
pennyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #2588
Mz3oh5

lmao! Atleast we can agree on something :)
My words were not meant to offend anyone like yourself. The love that we have for our cars is sometimes unexplainable to others. Turbo or no Turbo, shes a Mercedes in my eyes!!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #2589
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

There's the thing. Everyone is different with their specific tastes.

Admittedly my audio investment was nearly the value of the car. Where did the investment get me? Contacts DEEP in the 12 volt world and at the time, the best sounding Yaris in the world according to IASCA.

Now I've moved on to something a little more personally rewarding.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #2590
derickveliz2

Would love to check out your SRT-4 Sqcomp!

I invested in my Yaris enough to make it sound really good. And it's not a waste it's pure pleasure every day and I would do it in any car that I own.

Yaris performance I know, it's only 106 HP but modifying the suspension makes me take corners and ramps like a sport car and leave others behind, around here you can't really go 10-15 mph past speed limit. )o:

There is a kid that has (2) 15" Kicker Solo-Baric woofers with 1000 watts in his Jeep Cherokee, it's LOUD! but... one day brought him into the Yaris... he almost sells away his woofers that day, His system might be LOUD but when you are in the sweet spot it's like heaven!

If I ever get to own a Mercedes Benz or BMW I would move my system into any other car and make it sound good.

BTW I pay nothing for my Yaris, I had an old 97' Tacoma and it was rusted, Toyota gave me enough to pay for the Yaris.

No bad feelings around here pure LOVE to our cars.

D.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #2591
Mz3oh5

You must post pictures when your done :)
Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #2592
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz3oh5 View Post
You must post pictures when your done :)
I have, I did, and I will keep posting pictures.

Probably one of the biggest threads with pictures here in YarisWorld.

D.