Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #253
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Why I wanted to know if cable detatches from the actual gauge was so I'd be able to run cable through door wiring harness...boot?, I guess you'd call it..., run cable behind driver's door panel and mount gauge on the dummy p/w trim piece.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #254
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
You'd have to cut it if you wanted to do that. It's only three wires -- that'd be cool to mount it on the arm rest area.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #255
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
I got an update on the ecometer

I noticed that my mpg went down having my AFE intake in, and actual mpg was 10% lower than Ecometer's. Like i have said before actual and ecometer mpg was spot on with stock intake. So i went back to stock intake, fresh tank, filled up got 34.0 on eco meter, guess what got 34.0 actual.

hat was with as much DFCO as i could do. Next to try out is as much nuetral coasting as possible. DFCO still doesnt make sense to me, the gauge moves up slower in "DFCO" than in "Neutral". One would think that actual would be higher than ecometer if DFCO cuts off gas, compared to Neutral.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #256
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
is it set at 100 or other setting to get your spot on reading for overall mileage indicator ? Thanks .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #257
ezhacker1

i dont know the setting, i never touched it. Just with id say 90% DFCO, 10% Neutral i got spot on with the stock intake. Ill compare DFCO + stock intake to my current goal of max Neutral + stock intake. Judging by the way the ecometer climbs, neutral is pure win, we'll see.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #258
Hershey

if you've never made adjustments then it's most likely set at the factory setting of 100 .
Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #259
Hershey

had the overall average up to 50 a few times earlier with 2 people , temp of 75 , tires at 35 > 36 p.s.i. , and going average speed of 47 . This a new unit sent by AUTOMETER to replace the old unit that put a draw on the battery when car was not in use causing it to die on several occasions . Took it to dealer under warrranty after charging it and their tests showed no fault with battery or electrical system . Saying it was something we must've left on . New units have been upgraded not to drain battery when car is not in use . The overall average is now at 42.7 . Have to wait until 200 plus miles is reached to see if ECO-METER overall average matches or is close to the calculated mileage .
Old 04-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #260
pawsplus

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3-door liftback
So I've been running the A/C some already here in TN . . . And I can't tell any diff on the Ecometer. Shouldn't I be able to?? Basically, if I'm in 4th gear going 40 mph w/ foot lightly on gas I'm getting approx the same reading w/ A/C on as w/out. ??

2010 3-door 5-speed, Meteorite Metallic
pawsplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #261
ezhacker1

one of the green leds on the metering portion is out, the ones that turn on and off accordlingly. Wonder if i have a warranty on it, its only 9 months old too.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #262
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Tach Mode?

Hi all,

I skimmed the entire thread and I don't think I saw anything about this:

What are the tach related display options? Specifically, if you're in MPG mode are the LEDs around the edge still moving up and down with the RPMs?

Hope that makes sense, I may not be explaining it right. I watched a couple of the youtube videos but I was a little confused about what I was seeing (derp).

Also, how do folks like the tach function?

I like the idea of this device but I already have an analog tach and would hate to give up a lot of the speed/accuracy of the analog needle.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #263
ezhacker1

I can explain a part of that as i never use any mode besides avg mpg. If i remember correctly the tach only refreshes 2x a sec like the MPG functions. The metering on the outside edge still displays your gas consumption, depending what you set your "goal" to. It is in no way a shift light.

Before i got my S cluster i used and still have installed a digital shift light. Never use the shift light portion, but i find reading numbers faster and more accurate (displays the 10th digit) than a needle that is placed in the center dash. PLus i have my ecometer right on top of the shift light so its perfect to see RPM and MPG correlation.

On a side note, im surprised this thread has kept on going from when i first asked if anyone heard about the product.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #264
Hershey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
one of the green leds on the metering portion is out, the ones that turn on and off accordlingly. Wonder if i have a warranty on it, its only 9 months old too.
give them a call at AUTOMETER . Toll free , www.autometer.com/contact.aspx . Couldn't hurt .
Old 04-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #265
Hershey

just filled up car with new ECO-METER and is off by 2.7 higher than the calculated mileage . So , set it to 95 instead of 100 for factory setting . Wait and see if next tank is more accurate ( closer ) with the E.M..
Old 04-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #266
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBob View Post
Here's a great YouTube video of how the gadget works. Ecometer!

Very cool! I'm using the very same techniques as in the video. Would be nice to see my actual driving fuel consumption using this devise. Is that the ODB Port next to the interior hood pop-up latch on the Yaris?

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #267
Falconeer
Bayou Blue Pearl.

Drives: Yaris 5D Liftback Full Options
Okay this will be my last accessory after my projector head lamps and HID fog lights... I swear.
BOSCH 8000k HID Headlights, BOSCH 8000k HID Fog Lights. BOSCH Horn. 30% tint all round. 70% Tint mirror-finish tint on front wind shield. TRD Leather Shift Knob, Leather Steering Wheel, TRD Emblem. Height adjustable driver's seat is cool! and... That great armrest from ebay
Falconeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #268
Hershey

did another fill after setting to 95 . This time 39.1 for E.M. and 40.62 for calculated mileage . Thus set E.M. to 97 . Hopefully that'll get it closer to miles divided by gallons used . Used same pump and same speed to fill .

Last edited by Hershey; 04-13-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #269
Falconeer
Bayou Blue Pearl.

Drives: Yaris 5D Liftback Full Options
Should I get the Scangauge II or just get this one and be happy? It would be nice to know the temp of the engine/coolant cause I live in a really really hot country and I believe that the temp gauge should always be there in a car.

By the way, Mercedes has a 40, 60, 80 90 deg. C. Marking so you know what the actual temp of the car is. 4-cyl Benz engines run at about 60-80 in summer here while the 6 cyl engines are about 80-90. HOT is 120 Deg. C. Japanese cars have H and C marks only so we dunno what is HOT and COLD for all we know it could be 90 and 100! So, any idea on that?
BOSCH 8000k HID Headlights, BOSCH 8000k HID Fog Lights. BOSCH Horn. 30% tint all round. 70% Tint mirror-finish tint on front wind shield. TRD Leather Shift Knob, Leather Steering Wheel, TRD Emblem. Height adjustable driver's seat is cool! and... That great armrest from ebay
Falconeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #270
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconeer View Post
Should I get the Scangauge II or just get this one and be happy? It would be nice to know the temp of the engine/coolant cause I live in a really really hot country and I believe that the temp gauge should always be there in a car.

By the way, Mercedes has a 40, 60, 80 90 deg. C. Marking so you know what the actual temp of the car is. 4-cyl Benz engines run at about 60-80 in summer here while the 6 cyl engines are about 80-90. HOT is 120 Deg. C. Japanese cars have H and C marks only so we dunno what is HOT and COLD for all we know it could be 90 and 100! So, any idea on that?
Yaris runs most efficient at 85C +/- 1C.
I've never seen mine go higher than 89C, tho I'm sure the car would still be safe at anything under 100C (tho I'd try my best to keep it below 93C)

If you think about it, boiling point for water is 100C, and the antifreeze will up that by about around 5-10C I think.