Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #271
Island Boy
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
Hot in Canada?? In May?
In Victoria BC right now at 9:00am its only 54F, but by 3-4pm it'll be around 65F, but Mon, Tue and Wed is forecast to be around 80F, which is about normal for mid May.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #272
bikergal
 
bikergal's Avatar
 
Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Boy
In Victoria BC right now at 9:00am its only 54F, but by 3-4pm it'll be around 65F, but Mon, Tue and Wed is forecast to be around 80F, which is about normal for mid May.

Wow.. okay.... I didn't realize it gets that warm there
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #273
Island Boy
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
Wow.. okay.... I didn't realize it gets that warm there
If you Google Victoria, BC you'll see that we even have palm tree's, the "Great White North" is a misnomer used by people that have never been to southern BC.
P.S. 99% of us don't speak french either.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #274
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Boy
If you Google Victoria, BC you'll see that we even have palm tree's, the "Great White North" is a misnomer used by people that have never been to southern BC.
P.S. 99% of us don't speak french either.
Well said, my friend. Not to dis any of our american's Yaris friends. But I believe many of you guys are mislead by the 'Dumb Box'. It's been 20+C for the past week or so here in toronto other than yesterday it rained all day.
And couldn't agree more than most of us who doesn't speak french, other than those who lived in Quebec.
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #275
stuffy
 
stuffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
considering 90% of canada's population lives within 100km of u.s. border, we basically get the same weather that the states do to our immediate south,

anyway, i just filled up and did an average of my last 4 tanks:
5.9L p/100km or
40 mpg
i have noticed that the bottom bars dont' seem to last as long as the top bars, so when i think i am getting totally incredible fuel economy for the first part of the tank, it doesn't end up being quite as good...

but my average for the previous 6 tanks (since new) was 6.7L/100 km or
35 mpg, so there is a definite improvement.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #276
bikergal
 
bikergal's Avatar
 
Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
considering 90% of canada's population lives within 100km of u.s. border, we basically get the same weather that the states do to our immediate south,

Well considering I have been to Grand Forkes North Dakota a few times one of them being in the middle of winter. I froze my tail off I think it was 20 below 0 the whole week I was there. Grand Forkes is very very close to Canada for those that don't know.


*sorry to derail*
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #277
Island Boy
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
Well considering I have been to Grand Forkes North Dakota a few times one of them being in the middle of winter. I froze my tail off I think it was 20 below 0 the whole week I was there. Grand Forkes is very very close to Canada for those that don't know.


*sorry to derail*
I know where I won't be going in the middle of winter
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #278
pyromedic
 
Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 11
36mpg on my first tank of mostly city driving.
pyromedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #279
stuffy
 
stuffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Well considering I have been to Grand Forkes North Dakota a few times one of them being in the middle of winter. I froze my tail off I think it was 20 below 0 the whole week I was there. Grand Forkes is very very close to Canada for those that don't know.
that region of canada is pretty damn cold in the winter too, but not at this time of year
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #280
vicpai
 
Drives: '00 Lexus LS 400/'00 Metro HB
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 12
Wink Yes, I know what you're talking about!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
Well considering I have been to Grand Forkes North Dakota a few times one of them being in the middle of winter. I froze my tail off I think it was 20 below 0 the whole week I was there. Grand Forkes is very very close to Canada for those that don't know.


*sorry to derail*
I'm originally from the Twin cities, MN and lived in Grand Forks, ND for 4 years (1990-1994) I was going to school there at the University of North Dakota ....and it can get REAALLLY cold!!. Back then I was 18, and had a part time job as a Pizza delivery driver. We had to deliver pizzas in BLIZZARDS where you could barely see in front of your windshield, with tempratures hovering around 40 below zero and a 100 below WINDCHILL FACTOR!!! ....I did have some great times in that city, though. (just got me nostalgic when you mentioned Grand Forks )

Winnipeg is the closest major Canadian city, just about 150 miles north of Grand Forks (the Canadian border is about 75 miles north). Back then I've made the trip up there on a couple of occasions, and in winter it gets just as cold, if not more!!

Last edited by vicpai; 05-14-2006 at 03:19 PM.
vicpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #281
bikergal
 
bikergal's Avatar
 
Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicpai
I'm originally from the Twin cities, MN and lived in Grand Forks, ND for 4 years (1990-1994) I was going to school there at the University of North Dakota ....and it can get REAALLLY cold!!. Back then I was 18, and had a part time job as a Pizza delivery driver. We had to deliver pizzas in BLIZZARDS where you could barely see in front of your windshield, with tempratures hovering around 40 below zero and a 100 below WINDCHILL FACTOR!!! ....I did have some great times in that city, though. (just got me nostalgic when you mentioned Grand Forks )

Winnipeg is the closest major Canadian city, just about 150 miles north of Grand Forks (the Canadian border is about 75 miles north). Back then I've made the trip up there on a couple of occasions, and in winter it gets just as cold, if not more!!
haha... yeah that sounds right! My buddy graduated from UND also. Thats why I was there visiting him .

I remember seeing my first tumbleweed in Grand Forkes...awwww the memories I was like "what just rolled across the road?" My friend was cracking up at me.... I felt like I was in the wild wild west. This was during my summer trip out there.
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:08 PM   #282
ubetiam
"oh what a feeling"
 
ubetiam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS (B) - 3dr
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada - Calgary, AB
Posts: 20
Send a message via MSN to ubetiam
this is a cool link i use often

http://www.euronet.nl/users/grantm/frans/fuel.html
ubetiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #283
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Update--

Man, I hope these number gets better soon.

390 clicks / 30.5 Litre

7.82 l/100 clicks.
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:58 AM   #284
stuffy
 
stuffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
that's not so good ziv, are you driving like a maniac?
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #285
JaiTomato
 
JaiTomato's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 sedan-flint mica, 96VFR750
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hillsborough, NJ
Posts: 36
Update:
Just bought second tank of gas. Total of 919 miles and 19.8 gallons. That's an average of 46 mpg.
But then that's mostly highway and I drive like someone's grandmother. (Mine never drove a vehicle in her life)
JaiTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #286
stuffy
 
stuffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
i've noticed a BIG difference in fuel economy when i take it easy (like a grandma) or when i don't (like ziv)
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:18 PM   #287
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
i've noticed a BIG difference in fuel economy when i take it easy (like a grandma) or when i don't (like ziv)
Thank you for pointing it out.
But no, I don't really drive like a maniac. Funny thing is, I have been driving mine for roughly four, five months now. I have NO IDEA why it would behave like that. I used to drive a 2.5 Altima. And I tried really hard to learn to drive a 1.5 like a 1.5. I accelate slowly, let the car pass by me and increase speed like VVTI suppose to be. I hardly go over 3000rpm on local. I drive very little hwy lately because I got everything around where I live.
Even so, city shouldn't be over 7.somethin', should it?

I just got my oil change few days ago. Let's hope it helps!

I was thinking, if the number stays that way, can you guys suggest something I can do? bring back to dealer for check up? use other octane than just 87?
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #288
Ryu
 
Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 503
I got a auto trans yaris, it 9300km on it right now, I do the first oil change at 2000km, second at 5000km, plan to do it at 10000km.
The car is well maintained i assume,
but the best I got is 7.2L/100km which is not that good i guess,
even when the summer time is coming right now, I still got something like 7.4L/100m 0.o

I didn't drive like a maniac also, I guess it is due to the heavy traffic in highway 1 in Vancouver when I go to work. It makes highway driving like a city driving lol.

Last edited by Ryu; 05-19-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.