Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Middle East
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #325
syntax

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2010 "shadow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
km reading is 9400..pag nag pa change oil ba ako sa red cap mawawala ba yung warranty sa ALJ or maapektuhan ang ...mga posibleng warranty natin......?..need some advice...:)
sa pagkakaalam ko rin pre hindi mawawala ang warranty kahit sa labas or redcap ka nag pa change oil
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #326
rickyml

Drives: Yaris 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax View Post
sa pagkakaalam ko rin pre hindi mawawala ang warranty kahit sa labas or redcap ka nag pa change oil
ako sa labas na nagppchange oil dahil tapos na warranty ko... lampas na ako ng 3years.

Yaris X: The Largest Most Organized Pinoy Yaris Owners Group In The Middle East (Eastern Region Chapter)
rickyml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #327
ricepower

Drives: Yaris Y Sedan
Send a message via MSN to ricepower Send a message via Yahoo to ricepower
Quote:
km reading is 9400..pag nag pa change oil ba ako sa red cap mawawala ba yung warranty sa ALJ or maapektuhan ang ...mga posibleng warranty natin......?..need some advice...:)

It depend on the damage and warranty claim..I have confirmed this scenario with multiple service advisors of ALJ..

From 2007+ models up, warranty is 100,000 km or 3years whichever comes first.

Example scenario 1:
500km - casa/ALJ
1000km - casa/ALJ
5,000km - gas station/redcap/garage etc..
10,000km - gas station/redcap/garage etc..

@15,500 - engine has an abnormal noise and need to open/overhaul the engine.

The ALJ will check their system via vin/plate # if car is being maintained by their branches. They will take a snapshot of the engine and video/sound clips and sent to the main office for approval. THe chances of DISAPPROVAL is more as no consistent record of maintenance. Even you will say/show the receipts of your changed oil from outside. Sure they will say that there are other check to be done other than change oil or easy to produce receipts.

You will shoulder all the expenses..

** Above SR3000 worth of damage parts needs approval from their Head Office.

Scenario 2:

You just installed an aftermarket alarm from outside. The installer just cut and splice the wires of original vehicle harness. After few days, the MIL lights came on and ended up an electrical problem and ECU error. The harness has to be changed. Warranty is void..

Again, You will shoulder the expense.

AS for me, again I will repeat AS FOR ME..I will not take the chances, once you decide that you will have it service outside or such itchy in moding your car like ME ; YOU ARE READY for the possibilities of having out of warranty...

Lastly, if you evaluate the cost per maintenance period konti lang ang difference nila at di lang change oil ang gagawin..So mas mabuti nang ipasok sa casa para may Peace of Mind..Kung nagkaproblema man, walang hassle sa warranty claim..

my 5 halala opinion
ricepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #328
rosco

Drives: YaRis ka!--Y?2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepower View Post
It depend on the damage and warranty claim..I have confirmed this scenario with multiple service advisors of ALJ..

Example scenario 1:
500km - casa/ALJ
1000km - casa/ALJ

The ALJ will check their system via vin/plate # if car is being maintained by their branches. They will take a snapshot of the engine and video/sound clips and sent to the main office for approval. THe chances of DISAPPROVAL is more as no consistent record of maintenance. Even you will say/show the receipts of your changed oil from outside. Sure they will say that there are other check to be done other than change oil or easy to produce receipts.

Scenario 2:

You just installed an aftermarket alarm from outside. The installer just cut and splice the wires of original vehicle harness. After few days, the MIL lights came on and ended up an electrical problem and ECU error. The harness has to be changed. Warranty is void..

AS for me, again I will repeat AS FOR ME..I will not take the chances, once you decide that you will have it service outside or such itchy in moding your car like ME ; YOU ARE READY for the possibilities of having out of warranty...

Lastly, if you evaluate the cost per maintenance period konti lang ang difference nila at di lang change oil ang gagawin..So mas mabuti nang ipasok sa casa para may Peace of Mind..Kung nagkaproblema man, walang hassle sa warranty claim..

my 5 halala opinion
laging handa......pati pambayad...
rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #329
zsazsa zaturnnah

Drives: 2010 Yaris YX
Quote:
laging handa......pati pambayad...
Hayan! Nasermonan tuloy kayo!
So anong latest?
zsazsa zaturnnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #330
ricepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyml View Post
ako sa labas na nagppchange oil dahil tapos na warranty ko... lampas na ako ng 3years.
by the way, puwede mo nmang ituloy sa casa ehh..By the way, kung tinutuloy mo sa casa even after warranty at nagkaproblema..may goodwill warranty silang pampalubag loob
Old 04-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #331
rickyml

Quote:
by the way, puwede mo nmang ituloy sa casa ehh..By the way, kung tinutuloy mo sa casa even after warranty at nagkaproblema..may goodwill warranty silang pampalubag loob
kagandahan lang kasi doon sa pinagppchange oilan ko... sila ang supplier sa toyota kaya parehas ng materials ang ginagamit nila. kaya halos lahat ng pinoy doon na pumupunta since parehas lang.

Yaris X: The Largest Most Organized Pinoy Yaris Owners Group In The Middle East (Eastern Region Chapter)
Old 04-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #332
rye7jen

Drives: 2nz-fe '10
@ricepower, what about this kind of scenario:

@1000km - ALJ
@5000km - ALJ
@10,000km - Redcap (change oil = synthetic)
@20,000km - gusto kong bumalik sa ALJ, ...any consequences?
rye7jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #333
rickyml

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye7jen View Post

@1000km - ALJ
@5000km - ALJ
my own experienced:

1000km - 40000km ALJ
45000km - sa labas
50000km - ALJ (wala naman naging comment ang ALJ)
like what i've said... yung shop na sa labas, doon sila nabili ng supplies sa toyota... kaya parehas lang ang gamit.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #334
ricepower

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye7jen View Post

@1000km - ALJ
@5000km - ALJ
Most important schedule
20k - Major 1
40K - Major 2 --> ito yata ang pinaka mahal
60k - Major 3

OK lang ito..ang mahirap is ung nasiraan ka sa engine at d ka nag pa service sa toyota...

As I said only in the earlier post..sa Toyota hindi lang change oil ang gagawin sa kotse mo..may added checks based on the required maint schedule..At puwedeng mag free request like spongy yung clutch/brake..paki bleed nga! and Oh..youre having an air leaking noise, will request for rubber replacement for free.

Kung sa other shops, madalas change oil lang sila or same oil na gamit ng toyota but they will not perform other checks like i.e, tightening of bolts, underchassis checkup (leakage/cv boot check, belt check)..Mas lalo na kung butas lang at wala silang hydraulic lift

Last edited by ricepower; 04-27-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: major service
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #335
rosco

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsazsa zaturnnah View Post
Hayan! Nasermonan tuloy kayo!
So anong latest?
wow madam kamusta na ..tagal mong nagbakasyon ah....sayang di ka nakarating nung nagpunta kami jan ni armando..sure sa grand meet di ka mawawala
Old 04-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #336
zsazsa zaturnnah

Drives: 2010 Yaris YX
Quote:
wow madam kamusta na ..tagal mong nagbakasyon ah....sayang di ka nakarating nung nagpunta kami jan ni armando..sure sa grand meet di ka mawawala
rehab
zsazsa zaturnnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #337
syntax

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2010 "shadow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsazsa zaturnnah View Post
rehab
rehab? baka kasama pati community service ala lindsay lohan wehehehe...

welcome back mama zsazsa
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #338
rosco

9400km..change oil @RED CAP.....
sr.158=4ltr oil/ 128sr +30sr labor + tip

(sa akin ang toyota oil filter 15 sr)

general check up with tire rotation

CASTROL MAGNATEC
KEEP YOUR CAR AT ITS PEAK

Make an intelligent move. Use Castrol Magnatec.
Uses Synthetic Technology
Recommended in use for all types of high performance luxury cars (Petrol and Diesel)
Best – in – class API SL/CF Formulation
Viscosity: SAE 10W-40

How do the Intelligent Molecules work?

SEEK: Magnatec's Intelligent Molecules seek out and bond to critical engine parts, providing active and continuous protection against engine wear where it's needed most. Not only do the Intelligent Molecules work from the start, but they also protect throughout the entire journey under all driving styles, conditions and temperatures.

BOND: From the moment you turn the key, Magnatec's Intelligent Molecules are ready and waiting with an active layer of protection. As your engine heats up, the Intelligent Molecules become more active strengthening the protective layer to safeguard the components that need it the most during stop-start driving.

PROTECT: As your engine gets hotter, other Intelligent Molecules are activated, bonding to vulnerable areas and forming an extra layer of active and continuous protection for driving on the open road.

And when your journey is over, Magnatec’s Intelligent Molecules continue working, remaining as a protective layer, when your engine is turned off, ready for the next time you turn the key...............
Old 04-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #339
ricepower

+1 ..I use to do this also..keeping extra oil filter at the trunk..

Quote:
9400km..change oil @RED CAP.....
sr.158=4ltr oil/ 128sr +30sr labor + tip

(sa akin ang toyota oil filter 15 sr)

general check up with tire rotation

CASTROL MAGNATEC
KEEP YOUR CAR AT ITS PEAK

Make an intelligent move. Use Castrol Magnatec.
Uses Synthetic Technology
Recommended in use for all types of high performance luxury cars (Petrol and Diesel)
Best – in – class API SL/CF Formulation
Viscosity: SAE 10W-40

How do the Intelligent Molecules work?

SEEK: Magnatec's Intelligent Molecules seek out and bond to critical engine parts, providing active and continuous protection against engine wear where it's needed most. Not only do the Intelligent Molecules work from the start, but they also protect throughout the entire journey under all driving styles, conditions and temperatures.

BOND: From the moment you turn the key, Magnatec's Intelligent Molecules are ready and waiting with an active layer of protection. As your engine heats up, the Intelligent Molecules become more active strengthening the protective layer to safeguard the components that need it the most during stop-start driving.

PROTECT: As your engine gets hotter, other Intelligent Molecules are activated, bonding to vulnerable areas and forming an extra layer of active and continuous protection for driving on the open road.

And when your journey is over, Magnatec’s Intelligent Molecules continue working, remaining as a protective layer, when your engine is turned off, ready for the next time you turn the key...............
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #340
rosco

@rice power ..yan ang ibig kong sabihin na laging handa...pati pambayad...once na nag pa service ka sa labas at mahilig sa modification/cosmetic interior exterior ..ready dapat sa gastusin di ba?....parang boy scout laging handa..heheheh
Old 05-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #341
ubospawis

Drives: Flint Mica 2010
Quote:

Example scenario 1:
500km - casa/ALJ
1000km - casa/ALJ

Scenario 2:

my 5 halala opinion
sa labas ako nagpa change oil last time, pwede kaya balik uli kasa? to have my Peace of Mind.
ubospawis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:04 AM   #342
fgorospe76
"i R i S H"

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2010
iRiSH 20K Maintenance at Petromin = SR 102 plus free engine wash

Nagpunta akong RedCap kaso sobrang haba ng pila kya tumuloy nlng ako sa Petromin..Kabayan din nman dun at Toyota Oil pa din pinalagay ko.
fgorospe76 is offline   Reply With Quote