Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #19
Kongo-Otto

Drives: '09 Yaris & '10 Auris
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
If you are referring to the picture above yes it is him, photoshopped...
No i meant i believe it is him who got shot during this operation.
Kongo-Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #20
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
I know I'm going to come off pretentious, or over zealous, or overly religious in what might be a crowd skewed the other direction but I find this news rather difficult to process. I know as a Christian, Jesus taught us to forgive our enemies and pray for them. In fact, we must pray for anyone who looses their life for God's divine mercy and acceptance into heaven. When it comes to the hitlers and the binnladens of the world I find it VERY difficult not to be happy they are gone and HOPE they are rotting in hell.

I also find it really hard to swallow that as an American, I am part of the murder of a man. Yes a really really bad man who had a hand in the murder of literally thousands of innocent people, but a man none-the-less that too has been murdered by us. Justify it all you want, we're saving future lives, he needs to atone for his sins, we crippled their organization (which we didn't), etc. Why not tranq the dude and pump him for info? Why we kept the body is beyond me as well. If we were just going to toss it into the ocean, why not give his body back to his family so that they may do the proper customs? I mean, aren't we trying to prove that we are better than him and his murderous "evil" ways?

Anyway, I hate to say it, but I'm glad he is gone, but I'm a little ashamed to say it, and struggling to forgive. heh
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
No i meant i believe it is him who got shot during this operation.
I gotcha. And I agree.

Although I do believe he's been far too much a part of all our lives for so long that the US government can't possibly expect us all to take them on their word alone. This is especially true for those who lost someone on 9/11 or in the subsequent wars. I can only assume they plan to release some solid proof.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #22
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
The news said that the photos circulating online are fake; but they were photos that were taken. Just gotta wait.

ps: Those navy seals are bada$$.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #23
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Oil is trading higher since the news of his killing , because of possible ( speculation ) retaliation .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #24
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
What does it mean that so many people do not accept Bin Ladins death. Clearly he is history...
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #25
rick996

Drives: 2010 5 door hatch w/5 sp man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
What does it mean that so many people do not accept Bin Ladins death. Clearly he is history...
The government lies some of the time. When someone lies to you even once can you ever trust that what they are saying is the truth ever again?

In this case, I believe he is dead. It would be too easy for him to pop up in a video and make the government look like fools (again).

rick996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #26
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
It is pretty simple... I am an American, I refuse to follow the jingoistic fervor and blind nationalism that we are seeing from yet another death of Bin Laden...

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=24587

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
TRDMarty

Drives: Polar White 2008, 3Dr HB TRD '
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
MSN this morning confirmed this pic is PHOTOSHOPPED & they showed the
actual photo that was used.
Show us the body 1st & I don't care about graphic images, I wanna see them!!
TRDMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #28
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDMarty View Post
MSN this morning confirmed this pic is PHOTOSHOPPED & they showed the
actual photo that was used.
Show us the body 1st & I don't care about graphic images, I wanna see them!!

You'll probably find them over one of the other forums I frequent as soon as they come out...these guys are usually on the ball.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=427825

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #29
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
It is pretty simple... I am an American, I refuse to follow the jingoistic fervor and blind nationalism that we are seeing from yet another death of Bin Laden...

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=24587

Cheers!
when someone makes a claim that something is true, the burden of proof is on them. if people are going to continue to claim that he died prior to this incident due to kidney disease or complications with his diabetes then people making such claims have to produce that evidence. and it needs to be pretty insurmountable. it's not on everyone else to debunk it but instead suspend belief until there is reason enough not to.

so too is it the responsibility of the current administration to back up it's claims that they have indeed killed osama.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #30
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
well one Squid (if not more) is walking with big balls hanging out... could you imagine being the Operator that popped BLaden like a zit? the guy is king sh%^#. that said i'd like to see the burial at see video that is suppose to come out soon and a paypal account for the SF Operative who got him so I can buy him a beer ;o)
i don't think they actually like being called squids. lol. but i agree, i'd like to buy them all a round also.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #31
rick996

Rumor: Steve Jobs responsible for locating Osama Bin Laden :

We owe Steve Jobs a big apology

Old 05-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #32
rick996

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
I heard it was Donald Trump who was responsible for locating Osama and pulling the trigger!
I'm sure "The Donald" thinks so.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #33
SailDesign

Drives: .
I think Martin Luther King Jr. had it right.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #34
frownonfun

eh. i'm pretty big on pacifism myself but i think we get a pass on this one from a moral standpoint. but i certainly don't begrudge you saildesign for having that outlook.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #35
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
R.I.P. Osama’ graffiti appears on Orange County costa mesa freeway

While much of the rest of the country was celebrating Osama bin Laden’s demise, a memorial to the slain terrorist went up on a sound wall along the 405 Freeway in Westminster, authorities said Monday.

A Caltrans maintenance worker was at the Orange County site near Springdale Street by 9:30 a.m. removing the graffiti, which was first reported in the Orange County Register and featured an upside-down American flag flanked by the script “R.I.P. Osama” and “Forever,” authorities said.

California Highway Patrol Officer Denise Quesada said her agency would investigate who wrote the graffiti if further information surfaced. Caltrans will power-wash the words and image and paint over any remnants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61323340.jpg (51.5 KB, 84 views)

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #36
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
So this whole war on terror has been about the safety and security of the people of the US, right? Any victory therein should logically bring about a more safer and more secure living environment for you, right? Less need to put police officers out on the streets, less need to restrict air travel, less need to feel threatened?

Putting aside the ethic and moral aspects of what happened, I wonder if any of you people over in the US actually feel safer now. Since terrorist no 1 is dead and it's celebrated widely, do you really feel a lot safer when you go, say, travelling abroad?

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote