Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #19
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiser View Post
But not adapters for wires. Do I need? I thought I can cut the current wires I have to fit them (maybe your speakers need adapters not mine).
So sound I plan to put an amp too?
The Toyota speakers and wires use a different type of connector. So if you don't have the adapters (for lazy people like me), you just cut off the connector ends of the wires that are in the car, and solder on spade connectors. Just make sure to keep the polarity correct.

You can upgrade the head unit or add an amplifier later.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #20
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
The Toyota speakers and wires use a different type of connector. So if you don't have the adapters (for lazy people like me), you just cut off the connector ends of the wires that are in the car, and solder on spade connectors. Just make sure to keep the polarity correct.

You can upgrade the head unit or add an amplifier later.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Ok I am lazy aswell so that's what I am going to do. :p
Hmmm ok then. I will plug my new speakers and then I if I am not pleased with sound I will go straight ahead for the amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #21
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
So I found these amps:
Boss audio riot r1004 400watt 2channel (with 100rms for each channel) ~~60euros

Boss audio riot r1002 200watt 2 channel
(With 50rms for each channel). ~~70euros

The speakers I bought have 30rms so both of them are ok for me.

And I found good reviews for both of them.
Ok they are not perfect or the best. I know. But they seem descent to me
In my opinion, you should install the speakers and save the amp money for a head unit next.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #22
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
In my opinion, you should install the speakers and save the amp money for a head unit next.

Thank you for your answers.

I want to ask one more thing. I read somewhere that even if my rear doors have no wiring for speakers, there are ready wires in the panel under the front seat belts, that you can extent them into your door. (They call this waitings in my language) Is that true??

Old 01-25-2017, 10:27 AM   #23
ern-diz

Quote:
Thank you for your answers.

I want to ask one more thing. I read somewhere that even if my rear doors have no wiring for speakers, there are ready wires in the panel under the front seat belts, that you can extent them into your door. (They call this waitings in my language) Is that true??
This I'm not sure about. I know there are wires in place for certain options even when the car didn't come with the option from the factory, such as wiring for power side mirrors, but I don't remember reading about there being rear door speaker wires in place. That's not to say there isn't, I just don't know for sure.

On Wheelwell
Old 01-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #24
miiser

Yaris 2009 5door front speakers replacement.

Quote:
This I'm not sure about. I know there are wires in place for certain options even when the car didn't come with the option from the factory, such as wiring for power side mirrors, but I don't remember reading about there being rear door speaker wires in place. That's not to say there isn't, I just don't know for sure.

Ok thank you.
I am also thinking of soundproof my doors because I will remove the panels anyways for the speaker installation.

But I did some research and they are so expensive.
So I am thinking something like a compressed wool sheet of 8mm if I am calling it right.
What do you think about that? Will it make any difference?

Last edited by miiser; 01-25-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #25
ern-diz

Quote:
Ok thank you.
I am also thinking of soundproof my doors because I will remove the panels anyways for the speaker installation.

But I did some research and they are so expensive.
So I am thinking something like a compressed wool sheet of 8mm if I am calling it right.
What do you think about that? Will it make any difference?
I saw your other post about that. I've only seen dynamat used and know that works well. I saw someone share a link in your other post about it where another forum member padded his Yaris with some type of foam, so check that out. I don't have much experience with it, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help with that piece.

On Wheelwell
Old 01-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #26
miiser

Quote:
I saw your other post about that. I've only seen dynamat used and know that works well. I saw someone share a link in your other post about it where another forum member padded his Yaris with some type of foam, so check that out. I don't have much experience with it, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help with that piece.

Ok thank you again.
Just one more question. What do you think about factory tweeters? I have them in my car. I don't know but in comparison with the speakers they seems very good to me

Old 01-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #27
ern-diz

Mine didn't come with them, so I don't have experience with them specifically, but in my general experience, I find that it varies. Some stock speakers (tweeters, mids and subs) are better than others. At the end of the day, if your car came with tweeters, I'd run them until they shredded apart and then replace them lol.

On Wheelwell
Old 01-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #28
miiser

Quote:
Mine didn't come with them, so I don't have experience with them specifically, but in my general experience, I find that it varies. Some stock speakers (tweeters, mids and subs) are better than others. At the end of the day, if your car came with tweeters, I'd run them until they shredded apart and then replace them lol.

Ok you have a point ;)