Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #19
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Sounds to me like you're getting a bit of a run around. Is there any reason you haven't considered making a deal with a dealer in Denver/Colorado Springs/Pueblo then taking a trip to pick it up?
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #20
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Drives: 2014 Waveline Pearl SE
Yes, I don't have a second vehicle or driver. I work full-time and can't cancel class for this during the semester. It's a touch expensive to negotiate an air ticket, cab, hotel. The other thing is they don't have (any/many) manual SEa over there either. I do not think it's the dealer. I think it's Toyota. It just gets very problematic when you want a non- white manual and live rural. I'd go Fit if I had it to do over again. Not because it's better, but all marketers know it's location, location, location. My dealer seems dumbfounded why this is taking so much longer than other cars they have gotten from that port. I know her and her family, it's a small town, they have a great reputation.

I heard only 15%of Yaris sold are AS. Some fraction of that, manual. Manual Fits in all models are all over the place. Driving to Denver for one of those makes more sense because lots have 100s of them - including lots of manuals. So, Toyota has 13 more days or I'll walk. We will see.
cathycnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

I was working w 2 Denver brokers through my credit union. The first tried to talk me out of a Yaris. Said I'd die if I hit a deer in it (seriously). The second dropped off the planet and stopped answering my emails where I got serious about the purchase. Both are directly affiliated w my credit union. I switched back to finding a more local dealer after that. I found the one who wanted to work w me. The others heard Yaris, and went of coffee break. What a strange car buying experience this has turned out to be. If I switch, it will be to Honda.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #22
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

One manual SE in the Springs in non white is all I found. Pueblo has 0 Yaris at their dealer. I have as much choice locally (W Slope) as I do over there without the additional cost. Fit has more choice over there if I go that way and the dealer won't do a trade.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #23
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Is there no chance the person that will be purchasing your car would be willing to make the trip with you and drive it back?

I will agree that Colorado is a bit of a strange market for autos. Seems that if you aren't purchasing a truck/SUV/van that choices are more limited than other markets.

When I bought my Yaris in 2008 I had specific wants that couldn't be met without a custom order as well. So I sat down with the dealer to review the inventories at all other dealers in the State. I ended up having to compromise on features/color but we did manage to find something in Denver and the dealer made a trade with that dealer to get it for me.

It's a shame really. The salesman did explain that the options available are determined at the market level, not by the dealer, and are based on some mystical knowledge of what sells in a given market. A bit of a cart-leading-the-horse scenario if you ask me.

In the end I did get a Yaris HB Manual which were the minimum requirements I was willing to accept. I had wanted either black or silver but ended up with Bayou Blue. A color that I came to appreciate in the end. To round it out I purchased most of the "extras" online and installed them myself.

I see a lot more Fits in the Springs than Yarii so it probably does have a lot more to do with manufacturers setting availability. Shame that Toyota believes that Colorado isn't a market for small econo cars.

Here's hoping it all works out for you in the end!
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Altitude - my buyer lives in a very small community 2 hours from where I live. To the West and over another pass. The car has 195 k, so lots of barriers. She would have 8 hours both ways! I think she would drive to my town or GJ. Plus, Denver doesn't have the Yaris I want.

I like Toyota and had a bad experience w a civic many years ago, so was going to stick w Toyota. My dealer also looked at dealer trades but all were too far away, but the ship car was supposed to be a two week wait and that gave time to sell the car. Manual non-white are partially due to the kind of driving I do for work. Driving through a white out in a small white car surrounded by big pick ups. . . I've had visibility issues w my corolla so I've learned - light but not white. Maybe it will come in this week. Though, the dealer who's been working w me is leaving on honeymoon - So, another potential delay. Sigh.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathycnm View Post
Said I'd die if I hit a deer in it (seriously).
SMH SMH SMH. Should be fired. I think you should note the name of that company and never do business with them.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #26
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
The salesman did explain that the options available are determined at the market level, not by the dealer, and are based on some mystical knowledge of what sells in a given market. A bit of a cart-leading-the-horse scenario if you ask me.
Yep. I thought I'd hate the Gen 3 Yaris, so I looked into getting a new 2011 Yaris. I wanted the same Cold Weather Package I have in my 2007 (I purchased my car in RI while on a trip and it was actually originally delivered to the famiiy's other dealership in CT). Gulf States Toyota (the distributor) didn't allow that option .

Quote:
I had wanted either black or silver but ended up with Bayou Blue. A color that I came to appreciate in the end.
I wanted silver, but have also come to appreciate the Bayou Blue I ended up with.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #27
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
SMH SMH SMH. Should be fired. I think you should note the name of that company and never do business with them.
It was the boss and, yep, never again.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #28
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

It's too bad the non white manuals only come in SE. Seriously limiting when white could be a safety issue where I commute.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #29
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathycnm View Post
It was the boss
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice (sarc).
Old 09-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #30
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice (sarc).
Yep. The credit union needs to unaffiliate w him. But I have had enough to deal w since then with car issues. I'm not going w the credit union for financing, but I suppose I could tell them, since telling his boss did not work.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #31
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Shouldn't have to deal with that , may be stalling you so that you buy a different car off their lot . We had that experience once on a Corolla that never showed up from the factory .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #32
Hershey

The FIT has .9 % finance rate of 2 > 5 years . We went with 5 . Always pay more to pay on the principal . Payment is under $200 . It has about 29,000 mis . (?) and has been a pleasure .

Last edited by Hershey; 09-23-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #33
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

I think they wouldn't mind me going Corolla, but I don't think the dealer is doing this intentionally. I think it's Toyota just letting the car sit at the port for weeks. I still hope the Yaris comes through. If not, the interest rate on the Fit is a plus. Guessing I'll loose my deposit. But if I don't move, I'll loose my buyer and can't afford a rental car for long. It feels a bit like Toyota is passing alone their loss to me right now. But I can give it a bit longer before I throw a Fit at the dealer. (PS she is friends w me on Facebook, so I've planted a few Fit posts in w the Yaris ones.) Going to go chat w Honda next weekend, unless I'm driving a Yaris, that is.

Any bets on that one? What are the odds?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #34
Hershey

Best of luck . Sure you'd enjoy either one .
Old 09-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #35
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Made an appt to test drive the Fit next weekend. Lots more choice for those wanting non- white manual in rural CO. No word from the dealer, so it will be later next week if the Yaris does show. Once it ships, is it about 72 hours to the dealer? I assume she will let me know when that happens. Just ready to be done w this crazy journey.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #36
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Made an appt to test drive the Fit next weekend. Lots more choice for those wanting non- white manual in rural CO. No word from the dealer, so it will be later next week if the Yaris does show. Once it ships, is it about 72 hours to the dealer? I assume she will let me know when that happens. Just ready to be done w this crazy journey.

Tags
delay, fit, port, vin