Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
jake6ppc
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan (Silver)
They might have been talking about the "PCV valve". I've heard people say that it needs to be changed about every other oil change. I have not changed the pcv valve in my 2007 Yaris with 19000 miles yet, but I probably will soon. My brother has a 2000 Corolla that was getting "check engine" lights, and the diagnosis was a dirty MAF sensor. I believe they traced it back to a bad PCV valve that was letting oil and other contaminants through.

Jake
jake6ppc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #20
The little red pill
Taking care of Bubbles

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB "Bubbles"
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00sted4fun View Post
if you want to stay in your factory warranty it has to be done...
I always laugh when I hear people say this. The dealer will tell you anything to get you back in the shop for your regular maintenance. Sooooo . . . what's happens when you buy a used car that's still under factory warranty and it didn't come with the maintenance records??? humm....
I have had 3+ vehicles in for warranty work, and not once have they ever asked for records. The reason? They are not required.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #21
The little red pill
Taking care of Bubbles

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB "Bubbles"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake6ppc View Post
They might have been talking about the "PCV valve". I've heard people say that it needs to be changed about every other oil change.
Changing the PCV valve with every other oil change?!? Why not go ahead and change that pesky 'ol alternator on every other oil change too!
The PCV valve is not a regular maintenance item. If anyone has PCV paranoia, detatch it, shake it, and if you hear it rattle, you're good to go.

Last edited by The little red pill; 05-13-2009 at 02:56 PM.
The little red pill is offline   Reply With Quote