Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #19
annn
ヤリスワールド

Drives: 2008 HB
Mine is in...so far or works great..fits in the yaris better than the sc2 ...more ltr
annn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #20
annn
ヤリスワールド

Old 12-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #21
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Finally got mine ordered today!! On its way! WooHoo!
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #22
jjwitter

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door AT
Ordered mine a few days ago, found out today it's at the post office, will pick up tomorrow and see how good it really is
jjwitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
@annn is that auxiliary plugged into the UG? what does it do?

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #24
annn
ヤリスワールド

Quote:
Originally Posted by eii View Post
@annn is that auxiliary plugged into the UG? what does it do?
No...added that pic in error,it's just the mp3,fogs,sub knob,power lock array...guage plugs into obd2 under dash
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
jjwitter

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door AT
Installed mine yesterday, works great, I just need to calibrate it a little
jjwitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #26
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Just checked my order status and it still says "processing"... :(

Hope they just dont update that.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #27
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

I have not yet received my UltraGauge yet and contacted their support. They gave me the USPS tracking number which indicates that it was delivered to my house two days ago.

I never received it. :( I guess it was stolen off my porch or something. That really pisses me off.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

UPDATE: Went home for lunch and looked. Found it hidden in my bushes! WooHoo!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #29
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
What's this gonna do to CTScott's YarGauge sales?

Last edited by Revsson; 01-06-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #30
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Well, bad news for me, but good news for CTScott, mine arrived DOA and so far having to discuss the problem in a forum thread type support system sucks. Waiting on the support person's reply is only half the suckyness. The other half is trying to convey the problem in the first place in such a stop/start manor. I still haven't gotten confirmation from them that I will be sending it back or an RMA number or anything.

I explained to them that the ecometer did and still does work in the OBDII port but their gauge doesn't even power on. Their response was "This is odd since all UGs are tested just prior to shipping."

I don't know if thats meant to call me a liar or if thats meant to reassure me that I'm a "1 in a million" problem. Either way I just want to send it back and get a replacement. *sigh* just my stinkin luck I guess.

I must add that they've been very cordial throughout the process so I don't have anything bad to say about them yet. Still waiting on a response with an RMA number and send back instructions.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #31
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I know pictures quite often don't do things justice, but from annn's photo, the construction of that thing looks cheap as hell.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #32
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

^^ Once you receive the item the first thing you see when you open the box is a yellow insert that directs you to the website address for "Before You Start". The thing that really stands out to me about those instructions are the extreme emphasis they put on taking care not to break the unit. (Which end user breaking of the unit it not covered under warranty). Going so far as to put a "test question" at the end of each page to make sure you read and understand the page. Things like "Do not adjust the position of the gauge by grabbing the gauge, but by the neck of the window mount", or "do not leave the gauge on the dashboard on hot summer days or if the temperature drops below -20F." Doing so voids the warranty.

PS> Still no word back on a return authorization.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #33
annn
ヤリスワールド

Ultra works great ,way better looking than scan guage and way smarter.mine works great and my friends does too. I like the product so far and have moved my scangage to my Tacoma it fits in better with a truck interior IMO. I would buy another...

I just downloaded the PDF manual and avoided all their hoops,I agree they have a weird set up policy but their is ways around it .
Old 01-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #34
EckoDG
Banned NOT!

Drives: Car
ill wait for more feedbacks to buy, looks cheap, cheap things somethings go spensier..
EckoDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #35
annn
ヤリスワールド

Quote:
Originally Posted by EckoDG View Post
ill wait for more feedbacks to buy, looks cheap, cheap things somethings go spensier..
google search ...tons of feedback..before i got mine i checked it out a lot.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #36
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

UPDATE: I just got a pre-paid return postage label sent to me! I wasn't expecting that and am glad they stepped up. So far, even though I was unlucky enough to receive one that was not working, they've been responsive and fair, even if it is just a thread style support system.