Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #19
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I was debating on either going with a blue to match the little dots in the seats or all black... after seeing the red I think it may look better broken up with a little blue.... but I am going ALL black everything on the outside :)
Old 10-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #20
bugnuts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback BBP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKYARIS
After four days of strippind door panels, kicker panels, door paneld,seats, carpets.......etc,etc. I'm finally done.
Deck is a Pioneer double din DVD/CD . Pioneer 6-1/4" , Pioneer 6 X 9 in the rear, 2 - 10" Rockford Fosgates, Driven by 300 watt punch amp, speakers by a 300 watt power amp, 1 Farad Capacitor.
Took so long as fist time apart one does not wish to bust anything up, and than paint and re install.

You mentioned 6x9's in the rear, Where are they mounted? Is it not in any of your pics
bugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:12 PM   #21
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKYARIS
No sanding, still the textured finish. Just take your time on the prep, clean,clean,clean. Hot soapy water, then wipe with thinner before painting. Pretty easy, just do it right the first. Learned that one from experience.

I did a similar thing to my car, its reassuring that it works for some one else. I also used Duplicolor...I washed the parts and clean them but I did not put thinner on it...but I'm sure it will be fine as this is a credible product and its specifically made for dashes and what not...so it should be fine, only time will tell I guess. I've read how others sanded the parts and primered the parts as well but I didn't do that, but I think it will be fine, also you mentioned you done this before how is the paint on that previous car like? Did it last a long time or endure different temperatures?
Anyway you did a great job, I like it! Also nice bike!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #22
funkstrong

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I've got that same laptop, I love it! The red looks good, I'm doing blue in my girlfriends car, this weekend we're going to paint the rest of the trim pieces. Why are these cars so addictive to mod? I'm installing a shark-fin and led-lights this weekend too, pending the parts arrival. I'll try to do a write up for the led-lighting kit. DarkYaris, that would look pretty sick if you had some red led lights underneath there. My total cost should be under 30 bucks, I'll let you guys know next week how things turned out.
funkstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #23
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
I was debating on either going with a blue to match the little dots in the seats or all black... after seeing the red I think it may look better broken up with a little blue.... but I am going ALL black everything on the outside :)
Forget who did the writeup, but there was a DIY online for a Yaris, they took a Sharpie and colored in all the blue dots black....cheapest mod ever!

hey why not, we cant call you Black Yaris*****

*****= dash of blue inside.

They did it where the contour of the seats was outlined, so it actually made an awesome looking design. See If I can find it really quick.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #24
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
well, that is the old one, acer just released a new version with a dual-core chip, built in webcam, etc...

Overall I love it It looks great, it's not so heavy, it's more than fast enough for everything even some gaming, battery life is surprisingly good (close to two hours watching a DVD, just what I need). And the price was not too gouging (compared to the asus lamborghini ones, close to double the price and not thaaat much better)

The screen is very nice and high-res (1680x1050), but the viewing angle could be better, though. And I had to take it for servicing one time for a couple of days, motherboard died and needed to be replaced. Apart from that, no complaints

If you're looking to upgrade, the Acer Service centers in BKK have an ex-demo Ferrari 5005NWLHi going for 65,900 Baht (30K+ off retail). They have my 8204WLMi (still the fastest lappie) going for 42,300! - I paid 107K in Feb '06.. Needless to say, my next notebook will be ex-demo from Acer
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #25
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
interesting... and strange coincdence that you post this now, I am currently trying to revive my hard drive which just died all of a sudden..

But then the new Santa Rosa chips just came out, but so far only on pretty low-end models, might be better to wait for a better specc'ed one...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:52 AM   #26
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Depends what you're upgrading from I suppose..

For me all Santa Rosa adds is 800Mhz FSB (there's stuff all diff between 533 and 667, so it's safe to assume that 800 won't be revolutionary) and 802.11n (which is still non-finalized spec, and I couldn't use the extra Wi-Fi speed anyway). Not worth it for me - think I'll wait for AMD's Fusion or the Monteniva platform, and some decent DX10 graphics for my next lappie..
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote