Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #19
altima35pwr

Drives: altima, yaris
just put an amp in my gf's yaris and i used a nipple located on the passenger side of the car. If you pull off some of the carpet underneath the glove box you'll see it. You can easily feed the cable through and then just zip tie it to diff parts under the hood so it doesn't get tangled up in anything and looks clean.
altima35pwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #20
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Thats what I did. I ran a 8 guage the first time, then came back later and ran a 4 through the same grommet. It fit like a dream.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #21
othater

Drives: 07SedanS06Taco
Firewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
There's a huge bushing on the drivers side where a large harness goes through:

I know this is a old post but I'm sure someone might be looking for a location in the firewall like I did.

This is the bushing I used, Thanks CTScott, worked perfect.

I used a fiberglass rodder and pushed it through slowly on the outer portion of the bushing,
tied on the power cable, wiped some car wash soap on it and it slid right in.

Last edited by othater; 10-22-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: edit old post
othater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #22
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by othater View Post
I know this is a old post but I'm sure someone might be looking for a location in the firewall like I did.

This is the bushing I used, Thanks CTScott, worked perfect.

I used a fiberglass rodder and pushed it through slowly on the outer portion of the bushing,
tied on the power cable, wiped some car wash soap on it and it slid right in.
Thanks, very useful

(another solution)

I had similar problem some time ago and used @the hole@ proposed by 3cylTurbo (who recently posted his HB audio install here) - hole right above the ECU (square electronic block) on the passenger side - which also worked in my case I ran my wire to the amp under the passenger seat (in which case the hole on the passenger side worked out very well)
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #23
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
that helped extremely!!! i gave up trying to go through the firewall, even tho i was 90% done with removing wiper and tray.

go through the door grommet outputted it right next to the door sill cover excellent. thanks a bunch.
Thanks for the idea, but the loose underprotected live wire does not look good ((
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #24
lasermn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris; 4 dr Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
I paid a stereo installer $40 to drill a hole through the firewall under the dash and put a 1/2" grommeted hole there. I am able to run two 4gauge power wires, and three sets of wires for gauges.

It was a very easy $40 to part with considering how fast he got it done and how I had no clue how to do it safely.
Would you please include a photo of where the hole was drilled or add a detailed explanation of WHERE the hole was drilled? I'm assuming the hole was drilled from the firewall side into the passenger compartment.

Finally, I'm through the firewall on the passenger side; I used the grommet hole designed by Toyota just above the ECU. I'll add detailed instructions on how I finally got through & include annotated photos this weekend.

I had to go to a junk yard & look at wrecked Yaris that had the engine & ECU already removed. When I saw the grommet/hole in the firewall I then knew what to look for from the engine compartment & from the passenger side under the glove box.

Last edited by lasermn; 12-25-2015 at 12:41 AM.
lasermn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:34 PM   #25
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
If I can I will share a photo or two of mine. Could be the weekend though until I can.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #26
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Here are a couple pics of the factory grommet holes on the passenger side.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote