Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #19
rihdrkc
Blazing Blue Yaris

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3 door Liftback
I live in RI also. Try Colonial Toyota in Smithfield. Bought mine there. The salesman I dealt with was Eric Mameade, young guy, professional. He took me for a test ride after talking to me for a short time. Granted, I am older, but that should not matter. If I were you, I would fire off an e mail to the owner of Balise, I am sure that he would be interested in hearing about your experience at his dealership. If he isn't, then he apparently has made enough money and doesn't need your business. Boch Toyota didn't need mine, and did not get it. I felt like they could not be bothered so I left and went to Colonial.

http://www.yariscentral.com/index.php

Just an old guy rockin it with you young-uns
rihdrkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #20
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why would you bother going back to this place? its obvious they dont care about you..to avoid future negative problems buy the car online then just go pick it up..
Which is what my wife and I did last month at Miller Toyota in Manassas, VA. I have done extensive research around Virginia and neighboring Maryland, made the deal online, and we were in and out of the dealer in a little over an hour. We are now a two Yaris family.
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
McDizzle

Drives: 2003 Dodge Neon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihdrkc View Post
I live in RI also. Try Colonial Toyota in Smithfield. Bought mine there. The salesman I dealt with was Eric Mameade, young guy, professional. He took me for a test ride after talking to me for a short time. Granted, I am older, but that should not matter. If I were you, I would fire off an e mail to the owner of Balise, I am sure that he would be interested in hearing about your experience at his dealership. If he isn't, then he apparently has made enough money and doesn't need your business. Boch Toyota didn't need mine, and did not get it. I felt like they could not be bothered so I left and went to Colonial.
Haha, it's funny you say that. I actually live a couple exits down from them, they were my next stop :) Glad to hear that you had a positive experience there. Perhaps I will clean up a bit and dress up nicely to appease the quick judging salesmen
McDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #22
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDizzle View Post
Haha, it's funny you say that. I actually live a couple exits down from them, they were my next stop :) Glad to hear that you had a positive experience there. Perhaps I will clean up a bit and dress up nicely to appease the quick judging salesmen
um, you should do that anyways if you wanted to be taken seriously. The more professional you dress the better everything will go, and you will also prolly be able to get a better deal.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
06silveryaris

Drives: 2006 yaris
I lived in RI for about five years and moved back to PR about a year and half ago. I also went to Balise when I was looking for a new family car which was between a CRV and Rav4 but also considering and 08 XB. Sales guy was friendly but had no knowledge about the vehicles. No test drive I was offered a ride as a passenger WTF. I went with the CRV at Herb Chambers since after going to Boch Honda in where I had purchased a new civic SI a few years earlier and was treated like a total a-hole. There were no reps avaliable for me but other people came in with no appointment no problem. After an hour and a sales person attended us and shortly brought over the sales manager which was polite but kind of sleezy so I left and told I would buy it for more money at Herb Chambers. So I did that same day at Herb Chambers in East Providence, small dealership free popcorn nice sales person his name was Bob and he gave me a good deal. Yeah I know the feeling of bad treatment when your buying a car. I mean your not buying a Coke it a new car at least 15k in revenue. Make you wish you could just buy at Toyota.com and get the car in the mail jajaja
06silveryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
McDizzle

Drives: 2003 Dodge Neon
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
um, you should do that anyways if you wanted to be taken seriously. The more professional you dress the better everything will go, and you will also prolly be able to get a better deal.
Agreed. I just find it sad that this is the case. Age discrimination is a crime, they had no moral or legal right to do what they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06silveryaris View Post
I lived in RI for about five years and moved back to PR about a year and half ago. I also went to Balise when I was looking for a new family car which was between a CRV and Rav4 but also considering and 08 XB. Sales guy was friendly but had no knowledge about the vehicles. No test drive I was offered a ride as a passenger WTF. I went with the CRV at Herb Chambers since after going to Boch Honda in where I had purchased a new civic SI a few years earlier and was treated like a total a-hole. There were no reps avaliable for me but other people came in with no appointment no problem. After an hour and a sales person attended us and shortly brought over the sales manager which was polite but kind of sleezy so I left and told I would buy it for more money at Herb Chambers. So I did that same day at Herb Chambers in East Providence, small dealership free popcorn nice sales person his name was Bob and he gave me a good deal. Yeah I know the feeling of bad treatment when your buying a car. I mean your not buying a Coke it a new car at least 15k in revenue. Make you wish you could just buy at Toyota.com and get the car in the mail jajaja
Haha, I too wish that could be done. I did a search today, turns out there are 25 Toyota dealerships within a 30 mile radius. Got nothing to worry about :)
McDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #25
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Carmax was my back up plan- internet sale, and was $200 out the door higher than Miller Toyota in Manassas, VA. Carmax was in Laurel, MD, about an additional hour from Miller, which was already about 100 miles from my home. Fortunately, Miller delivered, but I was prepared to walk out and drive further if the transaction hit any snags.
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #26
enkid

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
I had an unpleasant experience at the very same dealership. I went there looking for a Yaris or a used Prius. I was ready to buy. They had both. I bought my Yaris somewhere else.
enkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #27
Sidicas

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Yea, I contacted my local dealership through the web.

They told me to come down and test drive a Yaris whenever I wanted to and so I told them that I'll do that..

Then they started calling me on a daily basis and such, but I was never in the area until a Friday.. They call, I tell them I'll be right there, and I go down there. Walk in the door and all their sales people are busy, so I decide.. That's ok, I can wait.. Wait and wait and wait. Standing around right in the center of the showroom. 15 minutes later, a Toyota "parts" / "service" guy comes out from behind his counter and asks if he can me with anything and I told him I'd like to test drive a Yaris. So he tells me that he'll have somebody give me a test drive when they're available. Another 5 minutes go by, and then somebody else walks into the show room and starts waiting too.

And then finally a salesperson is available, guess who they rush up to first? Not me! "Hey how you doing, good to see you, welcome back!" And then I get skipped and again I'm waiting for the next salesperson. So after 30 minutes of waiting I just turn around, walk out, hop in my car and start to drive off...

Then the Toyota Parts guy pulls a Forest Gump, he comes running out of the dealership at like mach 10 with his jumpsuit flapping in the wind and runs right into the middle of the road and flags me down.. Cars are honking and stuff.. I'm like.. "Sorry, I have to pick up my little sister from her hair appointment" (which was true). And I just floored it out of there.. And he's standing there in the middle of the road holding up traffic.. It was awesome..

But yea, eventually I did make it back down there to test drive a Yaris and I loved it enough to buy one.
Sidicas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #28
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
many TOYOTA and HONDA dealers think they're above ( have leverage ) since both manufacturers are known for being dependable . We've encountered lots of crap when looking for a HONDA or a TOYOTA . Gives us the willies when we decide to get a new car . We end up with TOYOTAs because HONDA dealers are more uppity and less apt to give their own discount or a good trade or both . We've been ignored in HONDA showrooms or given a ridiculous trade (thousand or more less than a TOYOTA dealer , a slap in the face ) . We think they do this just to pee you off to get you out of their hair .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #29
POORSHA

Drives: 2008 LB
Bought mine at colonial they are great best prices on parts too
POORSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #30
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
Fling pieces of bologna at the cars when you drive by. Or cow chips. Do it from your new Yaris that you bought somewhere else.

Alternate scenario: Wear suit and tie. Go into dealership and demand to speak with manager. Say you are James Lentz, president and chief operating officer of Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. Then give him a cow chip in Christmas present form. Or bologna. Tell him he sucks, then leave.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #31
chew246214

Drives: 2009 yaris sedan base
Hey if you are really wanting to test drive a Yaris you can come by and drive mine anyday.. I'm only 1/2 hour from warwick in Bristol I have a sedan auto though.... If you do have any issues you can check out the dealership I bought from locally (Bristol Toyota) Really nice local people with a smaller dealership..... Owner is from town for 30 or 40 years and he is a nice guy.... I probably didn't get the best of deals and could have worked harder somwhere else for another 100 maybe 200 $;s but they tookcar of everything and all I did was go in, test ride, fill out papers, waited for call to pick car up... that was it... I am happy with them... BTW I have heard horror stories about Balise....
chew246214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #32
ctrj

Drives: 07 Yaris Sdn, 97 4Runner
When I was 17, I went to the local Toyota dealership to look at base Tacoma's. I was in the market, had a nice down payment saved up and a steady job to make the payments. I walked around that lot for a good 30 minutes before a salesman came up to me. After finding out my age, she said that they could not help me and told me to bring my parents back. I was disgusted and left.

I went over to the Nissan dealership the next lot over and went for a test drive with a very nice salesman.

Needless to say, I hate Crown Toyota in Ontario, CA. Not only for that experience some 13 years ago, but for many other bad experiences I and my family have had.

ctrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #33
dg4rez
Gas Saver

Drives: Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to dg4rez
I've never bought a car from a dealership, I think its a waste of money. I personally will always buy used. IF you take the time to look around long enough (sometimes months) you will get the price and car you want. Also i've always saved up long enough to buy my cars whole... So only payment, is every 6months when I pay my insurance, and the reg once a year. Good habbit, as you dont have to waste money on percentages, plus while your saving, its earning a percentage.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #34
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
In Hawaii, I always made an appointment the last four times I bought a car. That tells them you're serious and you can deal with a manager or someone close. I got the best price almost immediately after I was qualified. I doesn't take time if they know you are serious. My Yaris was through Costco and I made an appointment for that too.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote