Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #19
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Manifolds: Again I apologized in advance, so I stand corrected.

Manifolds part deux: Im glad you sold 6 manifolds.

You never told me that you were willing to buy my kit. If you would have maybe we would be selling my kit on your site.

My whole point on this issue is the following:

I have a custom made kit on my car
I can duplicate that custom kit for anyone else interested
I have contacted all those interested in a kit
No one has stepped up to the plate
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #20
cdydjded

Sorry forgot to address you last point: "As for you offering a complete kit "from the beginning", show me the post, because I missed it"

I said specifically:
"As of today & from the beginning, I can offer a kit to those interested. It would be a custom kit. It would be built to order"

Iv offered to build 1 off kit numerous times through PM's. I guess I assumed that people would realize that I could make custom kits. I do believe that on my post about the kit I had mentioned that I had made jigs for the manifold/downpipe & made 5 I/C pipe kits.

Regardless of what I have or have not said, If you want to something together Im willin if you are. Like you said earlier "there is no reason to have two similar competing kits out there".

Here is the post to backup what I say above:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26100
Old 06-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #21
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I guess I assumed that people would realize that I could make custom kits.
I don't think they did. I didn't. I mean, I knew you could but I didn't know you were taking orders.

cool now its clear, I appreciate that. You have a PM.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #22
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

btw, thanks to realenth for opening up the discussion. I know you didn't mean for this thread to evolve, but the result is really good information.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
See I told you! I was going to buy one. lol. Oh wells, wasn't meant to be.

Cdydedje: Am I wrong, but I thought you were not running management on your turbo kit right now? Or was it not tuned yet?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #24
cdydjded

Running AEM FIC. Iv street tuned tune it. Dyno tune eventually. It works, Im only using the fuel option. Since I have the 1ZZ injectors, Im only removing fuel, and that works like a charm. Believe it or not, without the FIC pulling fuel my gas mileage goes to shit. And once I plug it back in I recover alot of the MPG I loose.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #25
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
just wondering though Garm, how far off are you to completing a "kit" at this point.... no rush but im just honestly curious now.
06 Vette, 08 Cobalt SS, ?? Civic Del Sol, 10 Audi TT
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #26
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

just missing a downpipe to test what we have. However, Carlos has been running his on the street for months, which says a lot.

If I choose to put my name behind what he makes, I will support the sale 100% like I do with every other product I sell.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #27
advocate

Drives: car
Wow. This thread is getting ridiculously awesome.

I completely forgot I was at work for the entire duration of me reading it =)

I'm anxiously awaiting to hear from Cdyj / Carlos? & Garm on if they're going to work together and what the kit will be like etc.

I was looking to do a 2ZZ swap but this turbo kit could be a more reliable, cheaper, more realistic goal. And also a great chance to support Yaris vendors.

Keep us updated!
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #28
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Even I was sent a PM to buy the kit, and you get what you pay for. My only issue is looks. We all know the kit performs well, but it's not pleasing to my eye. Ex Zage vs cdydjded's kit:

this is most ascetically pleasing IMO:
http://www.turbodynamic.net/content/...ail.php?gid=96

We do need a reliable turbo kit in the US. It would be nice to also see a manifold and down-pipe sold together for the yaris. I think if you were going to sell a kit you should be able to opt for what kind of bov, ems, and/ or injectors you want or opt not to have them. I also think if you are going to sell a kit with ems, it would be nice to include some sort of plug in option. Even N/A guys would love to be able to just "plug and play". I'm sure they would sell if available. I know they had them for the xb, just 2 pins were different or something like that. IMO that probably scares off people, but being able to have 100% fit would be nice.

The only thing stopping me from buying a Zage kit now is that I stopped working overtime and lost an extra $500 a month and I've been spending it on going out. I need to start saving again and I'm trying to get more overtime again.

Overall IMO someone needs to buy the zage kit and try it and/or someone needs to make a reliable one and market it. You also need to realize most people don't see a value in paying 4k for a supercharger that has minimal gains so they don't save. If a kit with a reasonable price tag has good gains people will save and spend the money. So it may take some time before people buy them but "if you build it, they will come."
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #29
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
IMO someone needs to buy the zage kit and try it and/or someone needs to make a reliable one and market it.
That's the point of this thread.

OPTION 1
Go ahead and buy the Zage, see if everything fits, good luck with customer service if it doesn't, with wiring and with tuning.

OPTION 2
Buy a complete kit, every part included, even a base map, WITH instructions, that has been run on a USDM car for months with no issues, and backed by me, Carlos, or both of us together.

Any questions?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #30
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post

Any questions?

Yah (if I wasn't S/C'd), where do I sign up!?!?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #31
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

further:

Quote:
You also need to realize most people don't see a value in paying 4k for a supercharger that has minimal gains
Sorry but this is also incorrect. "Most people" actually have seen a value so far, and are reasonably happy with their superchargers and the performance gains. And it's $3400 shipped (or it was from me, anyway), not $4000; please don't exaggerate to make your point.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Well lets figure in intake, header, and injectors will bring you to about $40000. You would be replacing all those parts with the turbo kit. Also when all you have is a supercharger, it's all you have. If Greddy had made a turbo kit, it might have been different. Either way I'm sorry if I over exaggerated the number. I still would rather pay $2500 for a turbo kit then $4000 with a supercharger w/ injectors, intake, and header.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #33
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
well in all reality MOST people don't see any value in any performance mods for an econobox but somehow companies still make and sell performance parts for the yaris. some people are obviously buying.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #34
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerFreakXXX View Post
Well lets figure in intake, header, and injectors will bring you to about $40000. You would be replacing all those parts with the turbo kit. Also when all you have is a supercharger, it's all you have.
Dude, we had this discussion in your previous thread. The blitz kit is plug and play and your set. You DON'T NEED a intake/header/injectors. Even if you did, it can still be less than $4,000.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #35
cdydjded

Racer: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. There is a reason my kit looks like it does & Zage's kit looks the way it looks. I cant speak for Zage's reasoning for their design so Ill just explain mine.

1 When I designed my kit I took in account the amount of bends the I/C will have. I made the kit to have the least amount of bends. For example, the inlet pipe on the compressor side, my kit has 2 bends, Zage has 3.

2 The routing I use does not interfere with the ground clearance of the car. For example, Zage routes their pipes under the car, I dont.

3 I designed the kit to have a minimal amount of 90 degree bends. Example look a the pipe by the throttle body on the Zage kit, an immediate 90 degree, look @ mine 45 degree.

4 My turbo has the cold side toward the passenger side & the hot side towards the
driver side. That was done so my downpipe would be a 90 degree bend out & 2.5" in diameter. Zage is completely opposite of mine. Their downpipe is c shaped then 90 degree & 2.0" diameter.

So what Im stating here is I thought out very well what I was doing. And I feel my designed beats Zage's designed by 10 folds. But thats only my 2 cents.......
Old 06-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #36
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Yes, ideally you want piping with the least turbulent bends in it, but you also want to minimize length of piping as well.

I have this one kid i know that has his piping wrapped around everything and in front of his intercooler. Check this out I am sure you'll lawl.

Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote