Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 PM   #19
drell42

Drives: Blank
Quote:
Originally Posted by yv1650c View Post
ok, why i cannot install rear components? or it'll sound better with rear coaxial?
and the amps intalled in the photo? (pdx series)...
Why you didn't install the best amp from alpine?.. (I believe it's the une 12").
Can you sell it to me? trougt paypal? give me prices? as you said you're authorized dealer..
With out going to the F1 Status Amps the PDX amps are the best, they use many parts from the F1 stuff, they are just smaller. You could use the components in the rear but I dont think that it would be worth it, rear speakers are just "fill" and in reallity a coax style speaker should sound better, except for the hole now caused by the tweeter. As for Getting you stuff through pay pal, PM me!
drell42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:31 AM   #20
bido4

Drives: o6 Yaris S
WOOOO !!! i love it! cant wait to see the woofers
bido4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #21
yv1650c

Drives: Japanese 8T1 Yaris Hatchback
Hi drell42 and everybody!!:
I've been searching trught the web, but i really do not know about mounting sound..
Would i start installing a IVA-W200 with the speakers you say (coax to the rear).. and i want the amp you installed (I think these're smaller).. but there are 2 of 4 channels.. what would you recommend?
other question is... If I install right now this do i need pass a new wire trought the firewall from the battery for the other amp? (the other amp will be for the sub)..

In order to install the w200 (2din).. is it too much brigt under night light conduction?
I have a Yaris with Digital dash (All's digital).. and when i turn on the lights just to watch trought the dark, the lights inside in the dash get lighter to let me all my vision in the road..
I believe this screen will be too bright, waht do you think about all this?
yv1650c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #22
drell42

Drives: Blank
Quote:
Originally Posted by yv1650c View Post
Hi drell42 and everybody!!:
I've been searching trught the web, but i really do not know about mounting sound..
Would i start installing a IVA-W200 with the speakers you say (coax to the rear).. and i want the amp you installed (I think these're smaller).. but there are 2 of 4 channels.. what would you recommend?
other question is... If I install right now this do i need pass a new wire trought the firewall from the battery for the other amp? (the other amp will be for the sub)..

In order to install the w200 (2din).. is it too much brigt under night light conduction?
I have a Yaris with Digital dash (All's digital).. and when i turn on the lights just to watch trought the dark, the lights inside in the dash get lighter to let me all my vision in the road..
I believe this screen will be too bright, waht do you think about all this?
There is a dimmer system on this stereo, it will dim when you turn the lights on. As for running the amp just run 4 guage wire through the fire wall and use a distobution block to split it to each amp. Once my install is done I will post pictures so you can see what I am doing, and get some ideas!
drell42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #23
yv1650c

Drives: Japanese 8T1 Yaris Hatchback
Thank you Mr. Drell42...
I've been searching a good site to install the amps, and there´s too hard to choose, My car is'nt like your car see in the pics.
I'll take 2 pics and post it, so you can watch my rear - rear seat area!.

bytheway do you think all Alpine will be the best really? or, may I mix components, for example, I've been watching a JL audio 5 channels,
I only want an excellent sound, non Big subs or louder one, I want quality...
I like your way, beacuse you're installing 4 speakers and a small subwoofer!!.. So I would like to copy your sys in my Yaris!

thank you, and once again, excuse my bad enlgish, I'm not English Spoken.
yv1650c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:01 AM   #24
littlenaches

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via Yahoo to littlenaches
Punch, What do you recommend for me to buy in pieces for my hatchback. I need to conserve as much money as possible without sacrificing too much quality. I'm willing to go with a new head unit, sub, sub amp, 1 set of 6.5 inch co ax door speakers to run off the deck power. I even want to learn to install myself. If I go with Alpine which you will most likely recommend what pieces do you suggest for Amp, Deck, Sub, and door speakers. Thanks for your time.
littlenaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #25
mr_zingh
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 1999
I would really like to know how the amps have been mounted.

I have the 1999 yaris and i currently have one amp mounted behind the rear driver side seat. The method i used was to cut out a piece just larger than the amps screw holes and bolt that onto the metal bars inside the seat. I slid the mdf piece under the fabric backing and screwed the amp onto it.

Its very secure but i'm wondering if there's any other way to mount the amp.
mr_zingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #26
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
pics! we want pics lol

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #27
Psychomax

Drives: Yaris XP9
Hiho! :)

Nice job!

But could you take a lot more photos of the drunk, sub and where you put the powersupplycable?!

THX! :D
Psychomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:06 AM   #28
4ageBT

Drives: Sleeper
I don't dig the blue neons. but the placing is nicely done. Sweet amps by the way. where are the subs?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #29
dudemag

Drives: yaris
if i were to buy these alpine speakers without an amp, will they still work? im kinda broke right now but i need better speakers than these stock ones. but i will eventually upgrade to a full alpine system
dudemag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:13 PM   #30
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Well, to be honest I can't see any of the install detail in those pictures at all, so can't comment on your work. The amps look just like they do in the brochure though :)
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:27 AM   #31
nauc

Drives: NA
nice, thinkin about runnin the PDX amps too, super efficient amps
Old 07-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #32
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
I just bought the pair also...and a 12" SWX
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #33
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
nice setup! but LOL @ RICE TOYOTA... like an open invitation?
haha
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #34
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by drell42 View Post
As some of you may know I am working on my full Alpine stereo. Well the other day I got my two amps, A 1000w RMS mono and a 150x4RMS, both are the Alpine PDX series. Here are a couple of pictures.

What do you all think,

Rick
Drell since i have these amps on order, did you require a capacitor also? is the stock alternator up to this kind of power etc... what gauge wiring did you use etc...
Old 07-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #35
njyaris
YARIS NEWBIE

Drives: YARIS 07 LIFTBACK
Send a message via AIM to njyaris Send a message via Yahoo to njyaris
hope you got alarm thats just as AWESOME
Old 07-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #36
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by njyaris View Post
hope you got alarm thats just as AWESOME
well, if the items are installed properly (not mounted to a loose sub box) it would take some time to remove the items with-out damage...

also i use tamper proof screws when i can...