Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #19
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Yeah, I had to let go of a 1996 VW Passat wagon that I owned for nearly ten years. I drove that thing all over Europe and shipped it back to the States. It had a lot of memories, we brought our second son home from the hospital in it. I have to admit I cried when I left it at the dealership, and it took a while for me to get over trading it in; but in the end I have grown to love my Yaris even more and I still have fond memories of a great car and a chance to make more with another great one...

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #20
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Yeah, I had to let go of a 1996 VW Passat wagon that I owned for nearly ten years. I drove that thing all over Europe and shipped it back to the States. It had a lot of memories, we brought our second son home from the hospital in it. I have to admit I cried when I left it at the dealership, and it took a while for me to get over trading it in; but in the end I have grown to love my Yaris even more and I still have fond memories of a great car and a chance to make more with another great one...

Cheers! M2
I'm like Joan Crawford in "Possessed" with that car; "Fatal Cartraction," lol...

otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #21
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm like Joan Crawford in "Possessed" with that car; "Fatal Cartraction," lol...

Yeah, we've noticed!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
I just got rid of my civic si (manual, of course) and having an AT has been "interesting". I still find myself having the shifting reflexes. lol But, it's nice since I commute a lot on southern California parking lots...err...freeways. lol
KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #23
bcbushcub

Drives: Yaris 3 door
Newbie Yaris

Always enjoyed driving a standard in different cars, but the yaris seems to be a tad different. On the open road, the car is great.

But do you just have to get used to the throttle/ clutch set up on these?

Been driving for a long time, but now I feel like a kid with his learners.
Hmmm! How many times will I stall going to work today
bcbushcub is offline   Reply With Quote