Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #19
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I never go faster than 45 and dont have many problems with other motorists.
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #20
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
Since gasoline has gone up to over $3.00 a gallon in my area I've had less problems with SUVS/trucks riding my bumper and cutting me off on daily basis.
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #21
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i've never really had problems with tailgaters. Of course, I tend to brake check them too. I did it too a motorcycle one, dude was so mad, lol. people are stupid.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
dingbat

Drives: '10 3D Liftback
90mph in the hammer lane. FTW!
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #23
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Speaking of aggressive drivers, I have a funny story.

I was just just pulling out of my parking space last week with my bike, heard a horn, just barely turned my head to see this car coming at me, tried to turn hard and then bam, down goes Frazier ...

So I get out from under the bike and make sure everything's alright and then we agree to exchange insurance cards, etc ... and when I'm taking pictures of it with my phone, I realize he's got all kinds of room to swerve, so I ask him hey, you got all this room over here, you didn't even try to buy a little time or space?

All he says is well ... I honked my horn and then fumbles for words. So anyway, I get the bike back up and the only thing wrong is the highway pegs are bent and this guy is practically in tears about the damage to his plastic bumper and door. Being a little sore from the experience, and trying my best not to lose my temper with this little prick, I get up on the bike and take off.

Well, he decides after the fact that he wants the police to write a report. So this really hot blonde police woman shows up at my house wanting to get my side of the story on this accident. It turns out he says I backed my bike up into him. Well, I explain that motorcycles don't have reverse gears for obvious reasons and that he ran into me. I wasn't just ahead of him by a little bit, but by a lot as if he'd hit that front wheel it would have been warped, but it wasn't in the least. He nailed the bike way past the front wheel up by the engine guard.

What a spineless little twit ... he decides to go ahead and nail the bike instead of avoiding the accident, then has to stand there and whimper about the damage he did to his car. He's got the audacity to lie about it when I have pictures of the position of the vehicles after the accident, and he's so bent about the whole thing that he leaves his car there overnight and has it towed in the morning over a dimple in his door from hitting the handle bar and a crumpled plastic bumper in the front and around the side.

I found out after the fact that he's infamous for screaming through the lot like a ricer boy.

Just ... too funny.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
But what about the hot, blonde, cop?
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #25
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
She was a total doll, and I think she was digging me a little.

But I'm pretty sure my current girlfriend wouldn't have approved approved
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:35 AM   #26
Thai_Dang

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5-Door LB AT MM
Yeah I've had more people try to cut me off/pass me, as opposed to when I drove 1999/2005/2007 camrys. Lol I don't know why, but I guess since our cars do "look" slow with that small front engine area, that gets some people hot and bothered to pass us; sort of like when you see public transport, you try to high tail it and cut them off.
Thai_Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #27
centrysis

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
I have to say There are alot more people that pull out in front of me in my car then when I'm driving the 4 door, full size, 8 ft bed, F250 diesel. (work truck)
centrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #28
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
This happens all the time here in MI. Most of the cars here are domestic and large. Lots of D-bags that don't like imports and/or just drive like they own the whole world.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #29
'LilRedYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to 'LilRedYaris
I thought the drivers in Kentucky were bad... They're nothing compared to the bad drivers of Minnesota & Wisconsin. I routinely see people on 94 not signaling, cutting people off, overtaking then slowing down, speeding in the slow lane, & tailgating.

The other week I had to drop my uncle off at the dealership where he was getting his Tundra looked at. The service dept. is open late at night. He needed his front brakes replaced but the dealer was going to charge him an outrageous amount. He decides it's a no-go getting it done there, so for safety I offer to follow him home - or a majority of the way home. He agrees and we set off. We take 694 which is under construction (like everything else in MN in the summer) and I'm following at a safe distance.

At some point a newer Ford Taurus decides to ride my bumper in the right lane. The left lane is empty & available to the Taurus - he decides not the utilize it. I'm getting blinded by his lights and aggravated, so I slow down in an attempt to make him pass. No workie. I attempt to speed up. He's still right there. In the meantime: I'm still trying to keep up w/ the Tundra when without warning two unexpected & freshly filled potholes surprise me and spray fresh asphalt underneath my car. The Taurus behind me is undeterred. I'm fuming by this point.

He continued to ride my bumper all the way to my intended exit ramp. If I could've taken his plate number - I would've. Frustrating...

Heck, even the day that I was bringing my Yaris home from the lot, multiple idiots tried running me off the road.

Last edited by 'LilRedYaris; 07-04-2010 at 08:06 PM.
'LilRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #30
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
When I drive my Yaris, people treat me like Rodney Dangerfield.
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #31
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

^ no respect I tells ya!

I hear that.

Funny though I was just out to the store, and saw an exact copy of my car! In this area that's like spotting Sasquatch.

It was a lady driving and we waved at each other.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:58 AM   #32
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
I had a guy in a Dodge Ram pull a gun on me because I honked/flashed at him for him passing me on the double yellow lines on a small country road. I was doing the speed limit too. People are terrible in Georgia.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #33
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
She was a total doll, and I think she was digging me a little.

But I'm pretty sure my current girlfriend wouldn't have approved approved
Did she find the pics of the cop on your phone yet??
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #34
brg88tx

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan, Auto
i've noticed a big difference going from a 03 tacoma prerunner to my yaris. mainly people pull out in front of me more often and everyone wants to pass me no matter what speed i'm driving.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #35
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_griffin6 View Post
I had a guy in a Dodge Ram pull a gun on me because I honked/flashed at him for him passing me on the double yellow lines on a small country road. I was doing the speed limit too. People are terrible in Georgia.
Dodge Ram strikes again.

Here's a thread with my Dodge Ram story:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28523

Slightly less life threatening than yours.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #36
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
You want a fix? Nothing F**ks people up like a loud horn, Throw some Dual Hellatones in that shiz and when they cut you off blow it away, or if they tailgate you let them get in front of you and blow that thing into their ears. Even better if they have the windows down. Those things are like a mini train horn. It hurts. Besides... They look super sick through the grill... I am getting a pair after i helped install on my friends wrex.

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote