Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #19
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I dont think he's doing whats necessary to stand up to Putin.
Neither do I.

Quote:
If Obama thinks they will, then yes he is a joke.

But if he keeps the Iranians feet to the fire then he did the right thing.
I don't think Obama thinks they will, and I don't think he cares if they do. He cares about what his so called 'standing' is when he gets out of office. IMO, if he holds the Iranians feet to the fire, it will be to protect his 'standing'. I hesitate to use the term legacy because I think he only cares about getting to the point, financially, where Bill Clinton is today. I don't think anyone, male or female, should be POTUS unless they believe in American Exceptionalism and truly love this country (more than any other). Despite his sometimes warped way of showing this, I think both are true re Bill Clinton. I don't think either is true re Obama.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #20
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Did you know the President of the New England Patriots showed his Super Bowl to Putin at a party. Putin put it in his pocket and walked away.

The man is the head of Russia and he is a criminal.

That says it all.
Also note the life of Roman Abramovich.....and Abramovich has a security staff (usually numbering at least 40) guarding him. Many people feel this is because so many people want to kill him.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #21
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Soros initially backed Hillary in 2008 (I hate to use her name...prefering to call her Mrs. "What difference, at this point, does it make" because that statement alone shows enough contempt and disrespect for the U.S. Military that she shouldn't be POTUS re that statement alone...and I'm not the only one who feels that way), but then called Obama to a private meeting at his office. After that meeting, Soros switched his support to Obama. Soros' father touted Esperanto, and wanted that to be the one world language. Let's just say his son has similar proclivities. It could be argued that Obama is sympathetic to these views. Obama either doesn't understand the concept of American Exceptionalism (not that we are a superior people or should show strength without reason, but that our VALUES (freedom, liberty, etc....which can be embraced by anyone) are superior), which I don't think is the case......or he doesn't think American values are exceptional (which I do think is the case). When asked about American Exceptionalism, Obama replied with a list of other counties and how their citizens feel about their own countries ....a passive agressive way of saying that he doesn't believe in American Exceptionalism, IMO. Obama has also openly admired how well the Chinese government controls the Chinese citizenry . I think Obama and Soros are both trying to prove SOMETHING (????) and expand, in each case, on a fathers' MUCH less successful legacy.

We have some exceptionally bright young people in this country, but we also have many mushy idiots of many different ages who can't name the three branches of government. Last year a reporter visited the campus of a WELL RESPECTED university IN WASHINGTON D.C. The students were asked the name of the U.S. Secretary of State, and were also asked if they know what twerking is (think Miley Cyrus). Not one single student could give the correct answer (John Kerry), or even the previous office holder (Mrs. Clinton). However, EVERY SINGLE STUDENT could correctly identify twerking . Within the last week, a different reporter visited The American University (also IN WASHINGTON D.C.). Students were asked to identify ONE sitting U.S. Senator, and to name the theme song from the movie Frozen. Only two of many students could name one senator, yet EVERY STUDENT could name the theme song from the movie Frozen . During those same interviews at The American University, students were also asked how many Senators each state has...and only one student gave the correct answer of 2 . One student answered 13....(right...we give each state a senator for each original colony ). I put IN WASHINGTON D.C. in caps because I think it is particularly sad that students there (the cradle of our federal government!) are so oblivious.
Hmm there are lots of goofy people in this country with wacked out ideas. I dont know this guy Soros but I suspect you are right about him. Although I dont know what he stands for.

Allow me to digress!

My neightbor across the street in the 60s was a NYS Supream Counrt Judge. He went to Yale So did his older son Paul. I was friends with his younger son John. Paul was in the Weather Underground. Which means he was a terrorist. He cornered John and I in Johns room in 1967 when I was 11and tried to shove down our throats that the people running our country were assholes and they, the SDS, were going to change that. And he said if the governemnt wouldnt change, they would blow it up.

I thought This Guy Is The Asshole. He wants to kill people. From that moment on I had no respect for the antiwar movement or the left wing in general. Although Im sure they have their points.

In college (I went to St Johns College a liberal arts college with The Great Books Program) and when we read The Communist Mainfesto and Das Kapital I thought: this is the same thing as Mein Kampf! And said so. I was not popular with the left leaning professors there!

I guess the young people you describe who dont know JK is Sec of State are just putty in these peoples hands. I saw Hillary and Bill being interviewed by Jimmy Kimmel and a young lady for up and said to Hillary "If you dont run for President who will?" (as a woman) And Hillary said "Lady right now I think our country has bigger problems than who the next woman President is going to be."

Which I take as a good sign! I think shell be tougher on Putin that Obama.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #22
MickZEL

Drives: Yaris sedan
Yes guys. I see you are well brainwashed.
Putin did not say anything about when to demonstrate how nuclear weapons.
Everyone understands that a nuclear weapon is the death of everything.
All the chaos in Ukraine is just good business proplacheny.
Russia sells its gas to Europe, America, too, wants to sell its gas.
After the imposition of sanctions against Russia, America offers its services immediately europe gas sales.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #23
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickZEL View Post
After the imposition of sanctions against Russia, America offers its services immediately europe gas sales.
The USA has absolutely no infrastructure in place to sell gas to Europe and Europe no intrastructure to receive it. These facilities would cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Furthermore, the gas would have to be converted into LNG and shipped in tankers. If one of the tankers blows up (or the storge facilities in the US or Europe blows up) it will be with the force of an atomic bomb. So everyonce concerned is understandably reluctant to either ship or buy gas from the US.

GAs sales from the US to Europe arent happening.

Get it?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #24
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
The Great Books Program
Brings back memories. I spent 2 years at St. Mary's College of California (before transferring into the UC (University of California) system). St. Mary's modeled their programs (both Seminar and Integral) around The Great Books Program at St. John's. My father always had great respect for the Basketball program at St. John's. The only fault he found with St. Johns and also St. Mary's was who founded each institution. He would have been happy if all Catholic Post-secondary institutions had been founded by the Society of Jesus (he was an SI (St. Ignatius College Prep) and USF (University of San Francisco) alum). He often said 'the Jesuits teach you how to think'. From the late 1980s to the present, when I have thought about St. John's, one name has been a constant.....Chris Mullin.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #25
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Ask the Japanese if the nuke was "the death of everything." They admit not only was it not, but it saved countless millions from dying needlessly.

Putin vows to nuke mecca. Boom. I hope he does it.

America wants nothing to do with selling any of its resources. The idiot in chief has made in nearly impossible to get any resources out of the ground.

the idiot in chiefs sanctions not only did nothing, they made it look like a total absolute moron. Not only is obama a total joke, all of the USA is too for voting for one of the dumbest human beings in history.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #26
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Ask the Japanese if the nuke was "the death of everything." They admit not only was it not, but it saved countless millions from dying needlessly.

Putin vows to nuke mecca. Boom. I hope he does it.

America wants nothing to do with selling any of its resources. The idiot in chief has made in nearly impossible to get any resources out of the ground.

the idiot in chiefs sanctions not only did nothing, they made it look like a total absolute moron. Not only is obama a total joke, all of the USA is too for voting for one of the dumbest human beings in history.
....and I just did a search based on a radio report I heard earlier today (which sort of relates to your third paragraph) :

http://beforeitsnews.com/obama/2014/...s-2462146.html

6 short paragraphs of a** kissing propaganda before the author gets to the subject of the headline in the 7th paragraph . I can see bureaucrats at the EPA already licking their chops.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #27
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Quote:
We're ALL brainwashed, just some more than others
We're ALL crazy, just some more than others
Yes, let Putin nuke Mecca, now that would be interesting...
Yes, our commander in grief is an idiot...
Yes, most of the youth of today are really stupid...

But it's FRIDAY &
I'm making burritos & spring veggie cheddar rice for dinner
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #28
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
We're ALL brainwashed, just some more than others
We're ALL crazy, just some more than others
Yes, let Putin nuke Mecca, now that would be interesting...
Yes, our commander in grief is an idiot...
Yes, most of the youth of today are really stupid...

But it's FRIDAY &
I'm making burritos & spring veggie cheddar rice for dinner
Posts like this remind me why I enjoy spending time in the Sierra Nevada Mountains....the beauty of the surroundings dominates my consciousness (and keeps me from thinking about the unsustainable path we're on (the country, not me personally)).
Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #29
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
The USA has absolutely no infrastructure in place to sell gas to Europe and Europe no intrastructure to receive it. These facilities would cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Furthermore, the gas would have to be converted into LNG and shipped in tankers.

GAs sales from the US to Europe arent happening.
Earlier today, a portfolio manager I listen to said the same thing.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #30
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Earlier today, a portfolio manager I listen to said the same thing.
We can't (won't) get this energy out of the ground for our US
citizens, let alone anyone else in the world.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #31
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Posts like this remind me why I enjoy spending time in the Sierra Nevada Mountains....the beauty of the surroundings dominates my consciousness (and keeps me from thinking about the unsustainable path we're on (the country, not me personally)).
Yeah, I could sit here all day writing & bitching about all this crap going on, but it does no good. It's out of our hands. The few are screwing it up for the rest of us all. All you can do is vote for the "Least Idiot" & hope for the best!
We usually have a TV on for background noise all day long. Some days we have CNN or Fox or some blah...blah...blah...news channel on all day. I swear, 99 & 44/100% of it goes in one ear and out the other. I'm sitting here working on the computer and whatnot, the drone of the morons talking on the news channels is sort of, well, soothing. Maybe it's from working at my wonderful law firm for all those years, all that boring, err, soothing lawyer talk!
My time now is sitting on the little back balcony here, over-looking our forested acreage and taking in the scenery and wildlife. There's a big 'ol Dr. JB's Hummingbird feeder hanging there (one of 3 around the house) & the little buggers are there constantly. We have deer, raccoons, possum, bigfoot all sorts of birds...It's SO NICE here now, compared to the Capitol Hill rat race.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #32
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
We can't (won't) get this energy out of the ground for our US
citizens, let alone anyone else in the world.
Won't. A result of the prevailing ideology within the administration, coupled with pressure from greenies outside the administration.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #33
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Won't. A result of the prevailing ideology within the administration, coupled with pressure from greenies outside the administration.
Yes, Not much of anything is going to happen in this country until we have a change in the administration as the current makes most of the country want to
Old 03-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #34
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Maybe it's from working at my wonderful law firm for all those years, all that boring, err, soothing lawyer talk!
You were very fortunate. Some might claim 'soothing lawyer' is an oxymoron .
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #35
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
They're exporting natural gas from Texas and expect it to rise . So don't get your hopes up for cheaper heating and electric bills . More money in shipping it out , so the commercials on TV about lower bills is bull .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #36
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
They're exporting natural gas from Texas and expect it to rise . So don't get your hopes up for cheaper heating and electric bills . More money in shipping it out , so the commercials on TV about lower bills is bull .
Ugh. Electricity is deregulated here. This is usually a good thing. One can search on powertochoose.org and pick from many different contracts with many different variables (% of renewables, length of contract, minimum usage to get a particular kwh rate, etc.). Some people constantly monitor the ever changing offers on powertochoose.org and pick their contract length accordingly. Those people probably save the most overall. I just pick among the 1 year contracts...less hassle. My house has the Energy Star rating. I also hired an unaffiliated inspector (before the lot was graded). He did an inspection after each 'phase'. I was able to make sure even small things were corrected. I rarely have to turn on the heat. I leave the A/C on pretty much all summer, and my bill is always pretty low. My current contract expires on May 7th (IIRC). I'd hoped to be able to lock in a lower rate (with my current contract, I gave up a little on the rate in order to get 'Free Sundays'.....this didn't work out very well). Given the above, 'my lower rate' is probably a pipe dream.