![]() |
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Banned
Drives: LB Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
|
Garm, who knew!? That is awesome!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
vroom vroom
Drives: lil red 5-door Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 7,744
|
wow, another side of Garm we knew very little about! What's a flugelhorn like?
I learned to play the piano as a kid, and a few years ago tried to take up bass guitar, but my crappy hand-eye coordination doesn't help much... and I think i'm tone-deaf
__________________
The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish. - Robert Jackson ![]() Bye bye 1NZ... |
|
|
|
|
|
#21 | |
|
それを吸ってください
|
Quote:
He prefers "Rick" now, Garm On: I'm glad to see the trumpet players come out of the woodworks. I've played since I was a young boy and toured with many fife and drum corps, most notable was the Northern Virginia Patriots from the early 90's to late 90's. At the time, it was the largest fife and drum corp in the nation. Carrying a 4 foot long Clarion down the middle of Pasadena was the highlight of my time with them. Having a United States Army Old Guard teacher was probably the highlight of my years in training. I play to this day, mostly Jazz and Classical, but love to just let the music come out any which way. My son has the bug at the age of 4 now and can realy hold his own. I've been a part of many Jazz bands and symphonic bands from elem. on up. Funny enough, the last time I was in Lebonon, TN (home of the ImportAlliance meet in July) I was there for a symphonic band competition. It will be nice to return and see how things have changed. Mike |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Been involved as a musician and engineer since I was a kid. Currently I run a mastering studio in Nashville. Been in the music production biz for 25 years. I'm a part of a multi room studio called Sound Stage Studios. My part is called Final Stage Mastering. Work on all styles of music: country, bluegrass, rock, pop, hip-hop, contemporary christian, gospel, etc... This past year the lp "That Lonesome Song" by Jamey Johnson was an lp I mastered and it was nominated for three Grammys.
Seen it all in my years of studio engineering and mastering. I'll give ya'll a tour of the studios when ya' come to the Import Auto Alliance in July. I'd love to get involved in any yarisworld members production. Check out my website. The address is below. |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Its nice to see such a variety of musicians on YW
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
daily driver
|
i play drums
was in a punk band called middle class response before i left for the maritimes 2 years ago....havent really played much since then... played some shows in south-western ontario... ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Banned
Drives: LB Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
|
Randy, you know we've talked. I'm working my ass of trying to get better so I can make proper use of an experience like the one you offered me. One day, one day...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I ain't given up on ya' Charles. I know when you feel you're ready you'll be down at my door. The welcome mat is always open !!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Banned
Drives: LB Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
|
You're a gentleman and a good man.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
![]() ![]() |
Iam.. iam a professional vocalist and i do play keyboard a litto.. and i do hv a small protool home studio that i can write songs and record demo...
i mainly sing r&b, and 70s 80s classic american music.. jazz.. soul.. and i currently lead vocal this jazz band located in sierra madre and party time sing for this light rock band in hollywood. |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
No need for anyone to be nervous when it comes to playin' their tunes for someone. I know, they're like your babies, but ya' gotta' remember the beauty of any art form is that one man's trash is another man's treasure !! Just like in any "business", if you're afraid to hear "no", you'll go "no" where ! Sounds trite but ask Garm how many people told him they didn't "get" a song he played them only to have someone end up cutting it.
So... Neo drop me a note off topic and I'll set you up a ftp location where you can upload some tunes for me to hear. Garm... as I mentioned before, if you need any of your old dat's or analog masters transfered to disc, let me know, I'll take good care of ya'. I'd love to return the favor.... |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
![]() Drives: Polar Whte HB 08 Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 30
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
does anyone have pics of them hauling gear (Instruments, Amps, Cabinets, Racks, ect.) in their Yaris? I was able to fit a 4x10 Trace Elliot Bass cab and a Grundorf rack in my back seat and a 1x15 cab in my trunk with no problems at all. I did have to remove the subs in my trunk to fit all that but it was possible.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Tiny Giant Clothing
Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, NH
Posts: 3,394
|
i fit my 4x12 avt marshall cab with marshall head in there no problem .. room to spare for 3-4 guitars if need be
__________________
Sold the yaris... rocking an 89 vw cabriolet now :) |
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Michael
Drives: 07 Silver Yaris Sedan Join Date: May 2007
Location: Clearwater, Kansas
Posts: 281
|
i have played the saxophone since the 5th grade. i used to be a music major at wichita state university but switched to graphic design. i still play second chair alto in the university concert band and first chair in their number 2 jazz band. i also played 1st chair in the highschool level Kansas Ambassadors band on a tour of europe.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 444
|
I play guitar and a little bit of keyboard. I have a cheapy collection of 14 guitars and 4 lil' amps. Fenders Strats are my fav (I have 3). I like Blues and darn near any kind of Rock n' Roll....even some Metal.
__________________
| |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|