Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
Back to the Germans...

Mercedes displayed the SLR and right next to it the SLK with a SLR inspired nose. Really nice. The GL series was roundly shunned as the Chrysler product it was designed as.
BMW was. The only interesting BMW was the Isetta in the lobby. If I hear "That's Steve Urkels car!" again, I'll hurl. I had my daughter with me, and we decided to count the number of BMWs from the Javits Center to home,~ 20 ish miles. We hit 154. BMWs are so over.
Porsche should just take pictures of their cars and mail them in yearly. I know the cars change, but at least make them look different. And maybe, just maybe open one up and let people sit in them. Maybe they did... I couldn't tell. More on that later.

Jaguar is still one of the most beautiful cars built. It was a little weird seeing an Indian inspired cats head on the steering wheel badge. The Marine Corp Hummer was cool-BOOYAH!!!!- but the Marine emblem spinner rims were ludicrous. The Ford Traverse minivangon looks like a good niche product. There must be millions of them in Europe, made by Ford, Renault, VW and many others. Hopefully Euro style lorries will become big here. More room and better gas mileage FTW!

I've been going to the Autoshows for many, many years. If you go on the weekend, go early and see the "luxury" cars- Caddy, BMW, Mercedes, any sports car, convertible, or anything you would like to be seen in. Around noon, everyone who lives in the "projects" wakes up, and goes to the autoshow to sit in their dream. This is not a bad thing. However, when a family of 27, including babies and farm animals all have to sit and take pictures in every nice car at the show it sucks. Not to even mention the pretend drive-bys.
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #20
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
I was there too yesterday!

Took over 500 pics.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #21
Zefoxe
¦µ¶Œ€♦åËÆ⌐š└╘○Å╝◙þ·▲

Drives: Scion xD
Send a message via AIM to Zefoxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobselectric View Post
Back to the Germans...

I've been going to the Autoshows for many, many years. If you go on the weekend, go early and see the "luxury" cars- Caddy, BMW, Mercedes, any sports car, convertible, or anything you would like to be seen in. Around noon, everyone who lives in the "projects" wakes up, and goes to the autoshow to sit in their dream. This is not a bad thing. However, when a family of 27, including babies and farm animals all have to sit and take pictures in every nice car at the show it sucks. Not to even mention the pretend drive-bys.
LOL exactly why i refuse to bother going on the weekend. I'm hoping itll be dead tomorrow. It was very frustrating last year having ppl literally bump into me while taking pictures or see me taking a pic and just stare into the lens and walk in front of me

Coming 2010: Toyota iSt CK edition (CooperKiller) stay tuned
Zefoxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #22
Zefoxe
¦µ¶Œ€♦åËÆ⌐š└╘○Å╝◙þ·▲

Drives: Scion xD
Send a message via AIM to Zefoxe
Show was meh, a lil disappointed that there was no STi. Scion was whack, no tons free swag like past couple years. Not even any posters, very uptight this year. Retarded economy... :(

Coming 2010: Toyota iSt CK edition (CooperKiller) stay tuned
Zefoxe is offline   Reply With Quote