Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #19
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud102 View Post
I have 20k more miles, but my Yaris was in excellent condition and only a couple years old. BTW, what is your insurance? I have Liberty Mutual. Hopefully they can give me 7k or 8k. Looking at edmunds and kelly's, that's how much it should be.
KBB 2007 hatch 2 door with really no extra options and 41338 miles has retail value of $10,835. i think you would get much closer to that than $7 or $8k.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #20
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo22 View Post
That's what happened with the Civics around here. hopefully the insurance companies will distinguish between the hatch and sedan as I'm sure most of the modded Yaris are hatches.

don't be biased! haha

hope you're alright, I'm sure your insurance will handle everything, just make sure you feel ok, a crash takes a few days to almost two weeks to fully affect your body.
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #21
MUSKOKA800

Drives: Scion FRS RS2, ‘21 Crosstrek
Yes, see a doctor for a check-up, especially if you're feeling ANY ill effects. Best to have it documented. Even if only minor.
And yes, prepare to be low-balled by your insurance company. Do your research and be prepared to refuse their settlement offer if you feel it's not fair. In the end you should be able to replace the car with a similar one (make, model, year, mileage and options) at no financial loss to you. Your time and the nuisance of the whole process will be your loss.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #22
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo22 View Post
That's what happened with the Civics around here. hopefully the insurance companies will distinguish between the hatch and sedan as I'm sure most of the modded Yaris are hatches.
What difference does it make if the car is modded? I hadn't noticed the modded hatches taking any more hits than anything else.
Just curious/
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #23
roxy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
What difference does it make if the car is modded? I hadn't noticed the modded hatches taking any more hits than anything else.
Just curious/
the main reason civics insurance rates are high is the incredible rate at which they are stolen.

back to the insurance settlement. in most instances that i have seen, people come out pretty well when a car is totalled. getting the current retail value is pretty common.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
the main reason civics insurance rates are high is the incredible rate at which they are stolen.

back to the insurance settlement. in most instances that i have seen, people come out pretty well when a car is totalled. getting the current retail value is pretty common.
You still haven't said what difference being modded makes. :sigh:
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #25
The little red pill
Taking care of Bubbles

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB "Bubbles"
"Modded" hatches are typically owned by a demographic that insurance companies rate as "high risk" (i.e. teenage and 20 something males). Statistically, younger males tend to take more risks, have less experience, and have more distractions (i.e. texting while driving, or playing with their new ipod while driving).
With that being said, it would seem logical that "modded" hatches would be involved in more accidents since "Junior" just put on a cold air intake and wants to race anything that moves. Thus in his hormone engulfed state to prove his masculanity, he doesn't see the old lady merging legally into traffic and then collides with her.
As this senario plays out more, and more "modded" hatches are in accidents, insurance companies will take notice and raise rates. Just food for thought. Hummmmm . . . . . now I'm off to find something for lunch.

Last edited by The little red pill; 06-09-2009 at 02:49 PM.
The little red pill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #26
roxy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
You still haven't said what difference being modded makes. :sigh:

none in the context of whoever mentioned it in the first place.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #27
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
I'm glad you're ok, but....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #28
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by The little red pill View Post
"Modded" hatches are typically owned by a demographic that insurance companies rate as "high risk" (i.e. teenage and 20 something males). Satistically, younger males tend to take more risks, have less experience, and have more distractions (i.e. texting while driving, or playing with their new ipod while driving).
With that being said, it would seem logical that "modded" hatches would be involved in more accidents since "Junior" just put on a cold air intake and wants to race anything that moves. Thus in his hormone engulfed state to prove his masculanity, he doesn't see the old lady merging legally into traffic and then collides with her.
As this senario plays out more, and more "modded" hatches are in accidents, insurance companies will take notice and raise rates. Just food for thought. Hummmmm . . . . . now I'm off to find something for lunch.
if more hatches end in accidents year after year, then yes hatches will have a higher rate-- modded or not. to say young males have more distractions is unfounded, but you're right they probably do take more risks. as i've been at the end of that stick for many years, my insurance finally dropped in rates last year as i am no longer considered part of that risky age group...
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #29
The little red pill
Taking care of Bubbles

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB "Bubbles"
Quote:
Originally Posted by scape View Post
if more hatches end in accidents year after year, then yes hatches will have a higher rate-- modded or not. to say young males have more distractions is unfounded, but you're right they probably do take more risks. as i've been at the end of that stick for many years, my insurance finally dropped in rates last year as i am no longer considered part of that risky age group...
Note: "I" never said "anything" about that age group. That's why I prefaced it with "statistically". Call any insurance company for a rate, and if you're under 25 and a male, guess what? Higher rate. I'm careful not to express my "personal" opinions much on this forum as I'm sure I would end up offending someone. That's why I like to use "statistics" and "logical reasoning sans my personal bias"
Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #30
YarYarBinks

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to YarYarBinks
pics or it never happened
YarYarBinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #31
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
Quote:
Originally Posted by The little red pill View Post
"Modded" hatches are typically owned by a demographic that insurance companies rate as "high risk" (i.e. teenage and 20 something males). Statistically, younger males tend to take more risks, have less experience, and have more distractions (i.e. texting while driving, or playing with their new ipod while driving).

I'm turning 19 in 2 months and my insurance is retarded expensive for just a yaris. Oh didn't go to college this semester okay we raise your insurace now your paying almost an extra $100 a month lol. I'm not even a bad driver at all and I know it, everyone I know my age got into accidents (my best friend totaled his saturn trying to rip the e-brake around the corner lost control and hit a tree, my ex-girl already backed up into a fire hydrant with her mustang and she had an accident already with a camaro when she was 15) but I avoid them all the time, I just don't know how kids can be so stupid at my age driving, I care for my yaris too much to put at risk lol. If anything they should raise the insurance on elderly people in their 60's and higher because when you have people doing 70-80mph on the highway and there's an old lady doing 45mph on the highway what is going to happen, someone is not going to pay attention and swerve out of the way into the divider or into someone else killing people possibly or even a pile up all because an old lady can't drive fast......that is what makes me mad most of all.
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote