Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtom View Post
In the US, which options include the rear window defog/defrost?

If I am reading this right, you have to get the Power Package -- the Convenience Package doesn't include it.
I think it is part of the cold weather package.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #20
rtom

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3-door liftback MT
Ah, so there's a cold weather package distinct from the all-weather guard package? If so, I'm having trouble finding it at either the Toyota site or eg edmunds.com.

Maybe I should ask someone with a 2010 yaris with just the Convenience package!

Thanks,

Brian

Option Code Option Name and Description
PV Sport Package w/Alloy Wheels
Color-keyed front and underbody spoilers; Side rocker panels; Rear spoiler; Unique 'S' badge; Intergrated front fog lamps; Driver and front passenger sport seats with sport fabric; Leather trimmed steering wheel and shift knob; Power door locks; Power windows with driver's auto-down; Power outside mirrors; AM/FM stereo, CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability, CD text display function, iPod interface and auto sound leveling; 60/40 split folding rear seat with reclining and sliding functions; 15" alloy wheels; Rear window wiper; Engine immobilizer; Remote keyless entry INCLUDES LF. NOT AVAILABLE with CQ, PP, PQ, PY.
PY Sport Package
Color-keyed front and underbody spoilers; Side rocker panels; Rear spoiler; Unique 'S' badge; Intergrated front fog lamps; Driver and front passenger sport seats with sport fabric; Leather trimmed steering wheel and shift knob; Power door locks; Power windows with driver's auto-down; Power outside mirrors; AM/FM stereo, CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability, CD text display function, iPod interface and auto sound leveling; 60/40 split folding rear seat with reclining and sliding functions; 15" steel wheels with full wheel covers; Rear window wiper; Engine immobilizer; Remote keyless entry INCLUDES CQ and LF. NOT AVAILABLE with PP, PQ, PV.
PP Power Package w/Alloy Wheels
Power door locks; Power windows with driver's auto-down; Power outside mirrors; AM/FM stereo, CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability and CD text display function; 60/40 split folding rear seat with reclining and sliding functions; 15" alloy wheels; Rear window wiper; Engine immobilizer; Remote keyless entry NOT AVAILABLE with CQ, PQ, PV, PY.
PQ Power Package
Power door locks; Power windows with driver's auto-down; Power outside mirrors; AM/FM stereo, CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability and CD text display function; 60/40 split folding rear seat with reclining and sliding functions; 15" steel wheels with full wheel covers; Rear window wiper; Engine immobilizer; Remote keyless entry INCLUDES CQ. NOT AVAILABLE with PP, PV, PY.
CQ Convenience Package
AM/FM stereo, CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability and CD text display function; 60/40 fold-flat split rear seat with reclining and sliding functions; 15" steel wheels with full wheel covers; Rear window wiper NOT AVAILABLE with CL, LF, PP, PV.
CL Cruise Control
NOT AVAILABLE with PP, PQ, PV, PY.
LF Integrated Front Fog Lamps
CP All-Weather Guard Package
Larger window washer tank with low-level warning indicator lamp; Heavy-duty heater, Heavy-duty starter; Rear heater duct
-- SET Destination Charge for NC, SC, GA, AL and FL
These charges are required and only applicable to the South East Toyota (SET) regional states: NC, SC, GA, AL and FL.
FE 50 States Emissions
-- SET Administration Fee for NC, SC, GA, AL and FL
These charges are required and only applicable to the South East Toyota (SET) regional states: NC, SC, GA, AL and FL.
rtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #21
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That's the correct name for it - "All weather", not cold weather. It includes the larger wiper reservoir, rear defroster, and rear wiper if memory serves me correct.

Better yet - Right from Toyota.com:

All-Weather Guard Package -- includes larger window washer tank with low-level warning lamp, heavy-duty heater, heavy-duty starter and rear heater duct

And, the rear defroster is shown as standard on all configurations for 2010 in the brochure and as part of the all weather and convenience packages for 09.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
rtom

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3-door liftback MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
That's the correct name for it - "All weather", not cold weather. It includes the larger wiper reservoir, rear defroster, and rear wiper if memory serves me correct.

Better yet - Right from Toyota.com:

All-Weather Guard Package -- includes larger window washer tank with low-level warning lamp, heavy-duty heater, heavy-duty starter and rear heater duct

And, the rear defroster is shown as standard on all configurations for 2010 in the brochure and as part of the all weather and convenience packages for 09.
Thanks Scott!
rtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #23
Sidicas

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
It's been a LONG time since I've seen a car with a rear defogger that turned off automatically.. I think the last car that we had with something like that was a 1983 Chevrolet Celebrity.. And even then, it was annoying because you had to keep turning it back on. Heaven forbid you be in the middle of a huge snow storm and your rear defogger turns off on you.

The Chevy Cavalier, Mercury Sable, and every Saturn car that we've ever owned did not have rear defoggers that turned off automatically.

Anything so important that it could have a huge impact on visibility should NOT have a mind of it's own.. I turn it on, it should stay on until I turn it off..
My $0.02..
Sidicas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #24
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
Honda's Fit is not timered, so we're in good company
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #25
Yaris

Drives: 2010 LB Meteor Metallic
I agree that a timer for the rear defroster could present a safety issue.
Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #26
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
My last car had a timer. The first time when the car was running it would shut off in 10 minutes. Every subsequent time after... in 5 mintes.

Although, convenient... I really enjoy the simplicity of the Yaris by turning it off manually.

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #27
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidicas View Post
The Chevy Cavalier, Mercury Sable, and every Saturn car that we've ever owned did not have rear defoggers that turned off automatically.
My 1997 Chevy Cavalier DID have a timer for the rear defroster.

I thought I'd bump this thread up for new Yaris owners. Last week was the first time I had to use my Yaris defroster and I'm disappointed it doesn't have a timer. I didn't bother looking at the manual as it seems to be written by a Japanese person who doesn't translate properly on occasion.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #28
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM46227 View Post
My 1997 Chevy Cavalier DID have a timer for the rear defroster.
I had a 1996 Pontiac Sunfire... pretty much the same as yours.

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #29
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
HAHA, old thread revival, I love it.

Oh and it must be a kick in the pants to know that my '05 echo's rear defogger is timed. It only works for like 30-45 min and shuts off. It's also always off when you start the car.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #30
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Mine turns off after 15 minutes.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #31
KrazyDawg

Drives: 08 3dr LB AT
Sometimes I find my windows fogging faster when I leave the knobs in the defrost position but I don't have it on.

KrazyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #32
brg88tx

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan, Auto
also, has anyone else noticed a couple lines at the top and a line at the bottom don't seem to really work? i have a 07 sedan.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #33
3dr5speedblk
StickShift

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB
Not as good!!

Not as good as my Prius!! It doesn't keep ice and snow clear??
All-weather Guard package
larger window washer tank with low-level warning lamp, heavy-duty heater, heavy-duty starter and rear heater duct????
Yeah this was a $70 option on mine code CP.
Its got a heater that will melt your hands off!!

Just give me HEATED SIDE MIRRORS!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #34
DebbyM46227

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dr5speedblk View Post
All-weather Guard package
larger window washer tank with low-level warning lamp, heavy-duty heater, heavy-duty starter and rear heater duct????
Yeah this was a $70 option on mine code CP.
Its got a heater that will melt your hands off!!

Just give me HEATED SIDE MIRRORS!!!
I have the All Weather Package too but I'm not all that impressed with the heater; my 13 year old Cavalier had a better one. It's been just 7 to 8 degrees as a low temp this week and I'm halfway to work (a 25 minute commute) before it gets warm.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #35
Chuck G

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM46227 View Post
I have the All Weather Package too but I'm not all that impressed with the heater; my 13 year old Cavalier had a better one. It's been just 7 to 8 degrees as a low temp this week and I'm halfway to work (a 25 minute commute) before it gets warm.
You might want to have it checked out.
Mine feels like it's going to melt the interior!
Chuck G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #36
DebbyM46227

Sounds like I do need it checked!