Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #19
coffiend
 
coffiend's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Black LB
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 448
I hear that, im definitely trying to be as respectful as possible to everyone I talk to just so that they dont think im some young asshole trying to take advantage of the city (im 21)

Essentially what they're doing is making me get an estimate of the damages and "file" an insurance claim from my insurer... but my agent is writing to the company saying that all we really need is a policy number (for proof to the city) and that Im not filing a claim with the actual insurance agency. Then I have to submit all of this to the city and they make a decision based on.... I guess however they feel about it. The agent explained to me that he thought it would end up much like cases where people file claims against the city for pot holes damaging their cars. He said normally, they initially refuse to pay for damages but end up folding and just going ahead and doing it...

...im really hoping thats the case right now.

I WANT MY POOR CAR FIXED!
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:18 AM   #20
Forrest
 
Drives: 08 LB BLACK
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 244
You were probably not the only person that had hit this snow mound ! If the city denies your claim, of course you can go through your own ins. to get fixed, but....I would call the local paper, ask them to do a story on the city streets and mounds of snow in roadways. Write letters to the editor, ask if others have had the same problem and city not paying.
I bet they do not want the bad PR and will end up paying.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #21
coffiend
 
coffiend's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Black LB
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 448
Lol well unfortunately the city that I live in was rated te 3rd best place to live in the country... So... Idk how much teyre really worried about some snow mounds an one random yaris getting beat up...

Or maybe the fact is advantageous since they have a great reputation to defend... Who knows?

Either way I really hope the city officials gave sone compassion for a student w\out a lot of money to fix a car :(
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini v. sedan = injury. No duh. Is this news? jess General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 48 04-17-2009 06:46 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.