![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
it's never been a very good transmission.. :(
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Polar White Hatch Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: chicago
Posts: 407
|
Funny thing happened on a short trip to the store a few minutes ago. I realized that when I have to slow down for a turn I push in the clutch begin to brake and put the shifter from 3rd to 1st at ~18mph then back into 2nd and release the clutch after I finish making the turn. I also found that when I was turning into the store that I actually put the car into 1st. I guess shifting is so second nature that I didn't even realize I was going back into 1st. LOFL
So much for my great words of wisdom.
__________________
ChinoCharles Intake supporter. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
The 1.3lt engine model has a lot of torque and it isi easy to start on 2nd gear.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal-Canada
Posts: 262
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
It has to do with the rpms that the torque comes out.In the 1.3lt Yaris, it has more torque at about 2500-4500 rpms.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
guess so :)
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Gas pedal problem? | Befuddled | Performance Modifications | 28 | 01-27-2010 09:55 AM |
| HELP!! HID problem | 07yaris_fe | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 2 | 11-20-2006 06:00 AM |
| Rear shock absorbers problem | Yaris PTY-507 | Central and South America | 1 | 10-16-2006 04:07 PM |
| Service Problem | Lizardboy | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 19 | 10-06-2006 09:12 PM |
| no tach= problem for newb? | BrownNBubbly | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 19 | 05-18-2006 02:16 PM |