![]() |
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
I want JDM bumpers!
Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 419
|
Quote:
The TRD set is 95000 yen, 25mm lowering on both front and back, while the TEIN Type Wagon is also 95000 yen, 35mm lowering on both. Is TRD good compared to Eibach? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Hella Smart
Drives: Lexus IS300 Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SF/SJ
Posts: 81
|
In my experience, all "TRD" springs are manufacterd by Eibach. All shocks are made by Bilstein. You can go to the dealer and ask to install TRD components, but that's what you're going to get. All the shocks and springs are the same rate as the ones on the market that are not "TRD."
The only TRD specific rated springs and shocks are in Japan. It would take YEARS probably when the car is out of warrenty for the stock shocks to be worn out by an after market spring. Shocks nowadays are gas charged and hold up very well. I believe stock shocks on most toyotas are made by koni or tobiko. The only difference is that you keep your "warranty" if you get the components installed at the dealership. I don't know of many dealerships around my area that void a car for being lowered. They must be more anal about that in canada. |
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
|
I want JDM bumpers!
Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 419
|
Well, I'm thinking to get the set (spring + damper) if I am to lower the car. So the shock should be able to run longer than the stock shock with lowered spring, am I right?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Hella Smart
Drives: Lexus IS300 Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SF/SJ
Posts: 81
|
yea i know is300's with h&r drops (2 inches or more) run stock shocks for five years now.
i guess it depends. |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 | |
|
I want JDM bumpers!
Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 419
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2011 Rogue Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 231
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
|
I want JDM bumpers!
Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 419
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 | |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
Quote:
one word, Sportivo. LOL j/p, "TRD" makes some coilovers, but they are under the brand of Sportivo aka WayDo Sportivo. http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_sportivo.html 1st row center.
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
So from what I'm understanding we have to order aftermarket parts from Japan, for now. Am I right??
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgian Triangle Ont.
Posts: 310
|
Only if you want to go full race, and lower the comfort level of the car. Remember race tracks, even the bumpy ones like Mosport, are VERY smooth compared to the street. The factory kit (springs only) is a very good compromise if you are not a racer. Only took a day to order and install mine here in Ontariariario!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2011 Rogue Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 231
|
Quote:
I've seen in another thread about a set of shocks you can get as well that are from TRD and they work really nice too. I can't remember what thread it's in. It was one of the people from Japan, I think. Sportivo kit or something like that..... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 | |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
Quote:
Springs should only take about 4 hours (maybe less) to do....IF you have the proper tools
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgian Triangle Ont.
Posts: 310
|
Adjustable suspension .......... that is sooooo cool, and obviously the way to go. Me, I am happy with the improvement I got from the factory lowering springs: improved looks, slightly improved performance, but still very acceptable ride.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
Here's the info on EDFC: http://www.tein.com/edfc.html
it's great to Street & Track cars, mine will be a daily driver & then autocross or SCCA race every once in a while.
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
true, but the SuperCompacts that I want aren't cheap either. I might just have to suffer & just get the (non-adj.) Basics or maybe some D2s, we'll have to see. It will be a priority to get it as low as possible, 2.5" maybe 3".
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
That is really low. I wouldn't even be able to drive it around town at that height.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
Well Florida (for the most part) is Flat & I can take advantage of that, plus most of the roads are pretty smooth.
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Lucky You. While most of the roads around here are flat, to get into any plaze or anything else there is always a not to small hill for some silly reason.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Factory Stereo and Audio | kralmrax | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 2 | 01-14-2006 01:06 AM |