Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #19
Zombie Yaris

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
What Size battery should i get? find a link to one that wil work with my amp and give it enough power when i replace my battery in my car. I don't want to mess up the stuff in my car.
Zombie Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #20
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
I'll post later on in the evening, I'm actually working on a family members audio system today and then detailing the vehicle. You'll have a reply later this evening or in the morning, And i'll get you links to buy wire for the Big 3. Is ordering off ebay and Amazon a big problem for you ? Or another site like Sonic Electronics ?

And you don't ever plan on installing a cd player in your vehicle ? Correct ? You can get a decent one at Best buy for 100 - 125 bucks .

On my next post they will just be suggestions. Everybody has there own opinion on Brands. If you don't like the brands i suggest then get something similar, They're just going to be examples if anything else. You'll start to see a certain degree of bias towards certain brands.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #21
Zombie Yaris

I want to keep the stereo in my car that came with it if it's possible to still hook it up with the one that came with my car? And yeah I'll need links of the stuff when you get a chance and thanks.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #22
Zombie Yaris

I have a line output converter that i need to add but can some one help me figure out how to add it. I got the system and ran all wires and all that but how to i book up line output converter? it is a soschce and how to i make the amp turn on when power to car or radio is on? is it the remote wire and where do i put it at in factory stereo?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #23
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
It may not be obvious, but nobody is replying because these topics have all been covered exhaustively in other threads. Days are going by when you could have gotten an answer by spending 5 minutes using the search button. The only help I'm willing to provide you at this point is to enter three words into the site search: amp wire running.
Hint hint, it's a sticky, meaning that it's at the very top of the page of the specific section you should be looking at, ANYWAY.

I would be so inclined to just help you, but the whole attitude of "I'm too busy with my busy life of busy sports and and busy school to waste 5 minutes searching for a thread, but I'll waste 20 minutes coming back repeatedly to bump a thread" put me off just a little.

Anyway, the DIY is a far better guide, since super-awesome dude made a page-by-page guide covering the whole thing. Plus, that thread has multiple posts addressing the exact issue of installing a Line Out Convertor.

And isn't there a rule against bumping your own thread repeatedly? This thread is completely pointless. Is there anyway we can just lock this thing so we can get real topics back to the top?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
_S7V7N_

Man i've been busy , between Gears of War 3 and putting a system together for a family member, i haven't had time to look for the other things you asked for.

LOC = Line output converter - Goes connected to your rear 6x9's

To turn the amp off and on you need to run it to a source that turns on and off when you turn your car off and on. These are commonly known as your ignition wire. But since you're not using an aftermarket deck you'll have to find the fuse associated with the ignition and run the wire off there. I don't know if they make a Maxi fuse holder like this where the wire is connected to the holder then the fuse slides inside of the holder.

What load are you going to run your subwoofers ? They are Dual Voice Coil if i remember correct. And your amp is a one channel .

Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
Old 10-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #25
_S7V7N_

Battery--- http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...-8gcxbZ1z13xyg

Or http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/default.asp

Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #26
Zombie Yaris

Thanks S7V7N, You've been a big help. I managed to finish it but the line out converter is hooked up weird and not really hooked up at all i bought 2 because the first failed to work. I'll try to put a picture up soon of how it's hooked up maybe some one can tell if it's safe or how else to hook it up. For power i added a switch to my remote wire, drilled a hole in my mini glove box to insert switch into then ran a ground to back to ground it because switch is lighted. As for Djct Watt not only are you useless for help i already said i got the amp wiring thread from here already and its not for my year of car i know the basics i'm not a dumb ass. I just couldn't find where it showed how to insert a line output converter. Probably because it didn't show how. Some people just talked briefly about it nothing with where wires go or nothing. No where else online could i find it either.