Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #19
reginald2

Drives: 2010 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
you mean the ticket fees? or my comment?
That ticket fee sounds pretty horrible to me.
reginald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #20
reginald2

Drives: 2010 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
guys please don't talk bad about cops.
They are just like us trying to find a way for MONEYS out there.
Tint ticket is very easy moneys now. :)
Here in one of the city of Georgia, that tint ticket cost almost $400 dollars for first time.

I 100% agree with you that tickets (tint and other) are great revenue streams and in this day of starving beasts, I ain't mad at them. IMHO it sort of undermines protect and serve, but if they didn't they'd not have cars or guns or jobs. I would never think of the police as my enemy.

I have friends that are cops and they're good people. I've met many more nice cops than bad ones, but I also don't ascribe to the never speak any bad about any cop because they're not all that way. I don't think it's honest. I work with some real jerks, but they don't have that level of power over me so I pay them no mind. Most of the time I pay police no mind because I'm pretty well behaved.

Personally, I think they're wildly underpaid for what they do and they question of safety vs money shouldn't EVER be asked. I think they're systemic problems and not personal problems though (well lol, it depends I guess).

*exits thread quietly*
reginald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
randeez

Drives: 2008 3dr
ticket here for tint is 120 bux, less if you scrape it off and have an officer sign off that it has been removed on the ticket. llumar tint, lifetime warrenty, shade below legal in fl (i think 20%?) cost me 140 with a1 strip real dark. but i have used the same local guy for 15 years between my cars and friends i've sent to him. so he knocks a few bucks off
randeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Man, illegal or not if like it dark go dark but remember there are consequence, wich is what I was doing all under 35% plus front windshield tinted like a boss but just know u might get pulled over.

I got my car in 2007, and the second day of having it I got tinted the fuck out and the whole time of owning it with tints only was I got pulled over, I just paid my ticket And rolled with it.

::knocks on wood:: lol
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #23
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginald2 View Post
I 100% agree with you that tickets (tint and other) are great revenue streams and in this day of starving beasts, I ain't mad at them. IMHO it sort of undermines protect and serve, but if they didn't they'd not have cars or guns or jobs. I would never think of the police as my enemy.

I have friends that are cops and they're good people. I've met many more nice cops than bad ones, but I also don't ascribe to the never speak any bad about any cop because they're not all that way. I don't think it's honest. I work with some real jerks, but they don't have that level of power over me so I pay them no mind. Most of the time I pay police no mind because I'm pretty well behaved.

Personally, I think they're wildly underpaid for what they do and they question of safety vs money shouldn't EVER be asked. I think they're systemic problems and not personal problems though (well lol, it depends I guess).

*exits thread quietly*
Yes.. but in addition to that, cops are also sworn to uphold the law.
I had a family member and a close friend who were both good, honest cops.

However, I have to adimt that i have been hasseled many times in past by cops who simply like to hassle drvers. BTW I'm not a kid, I'm actually retired and I can see how some cops can overstep their bounds and hand out tickets for things that are not even against the law... hoping that people wil not be aware of that and pay it.

For example......I even got a ticket for having illegal aftemarket headlight asemblies on my Celica a couple of years ago that were complely stock headlights. The cop even told me that "everyone who drives a Celica has illegal parts on them"! Of couse, I had it dismissed .
RedRide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
Fortmax

Drives: Toyota Corolla
If you want the best tint V-kool is the way to go,excellent heat rejection,but they are very expensive,these tint are the ones they used in airplane & jet cockpit to keep the pilot cool.

Last edited by Fortmax; 05-22-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Fortmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #25
allyart

Drives: Yaris Hatchback E A/T 2011
just for your input:
i recently installed 3M crystalline 40 (40% darkness) for front window and 3M black beauty 5 (80% darkness) for side and back. it cost me around 185 USD in a respectable shop. the work quality is good and they give 5 years satisfaction guarantee.

the tint look dark and vip from outside but it is bright from the inside, overall im very happy about it.

this is my thread for your reference
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39972
Old 06-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #26
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyart View Post
just for your input:
i recently installed 3M crystalline 40 (40% darkness) for front window and 3M black beauty 5 (80% darkness) for side and back. it cost me around 185 USD in a respectable shop. the work quality is good and they give 5 years satisfaction guarantee.

the tint look dark and vip from outside but it is bright from the inside, overall im very happy about it.

this is my thread for your reference
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39972
Could you show us a picture of on the inside, showing how dark the windshield looks when you are looking out?

You know, just so we can be more jealous.