![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package Join Date: May 2006
Location: Barrie, ontario
Posts: 852
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
|
nicknicknick, are you sure you are calculating properly? i can't see this car getting anywhere near 54 mpg, that is what many report the prius hybrid as getting
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
It's all about VVTI
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
|
You guys got some ridiculus numbers. When is it going to be MY TURN!
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package Join Date: May 2006
Location: Barrie, ontario
Posts: 852
|
Quote:
on my current/secound tank, i'm just driving normal without looking at the gas uasage, and i can see its burning it faster, but i also have driven at 140 too... will post the results of my secound tank when it runs empty.. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 06 Silver Yaris 3-door Manual Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 96
|
My last highway trip I drove 710kms on 38-39 litres.
My last city fill was 31L on 478kms. I will say that I live in Saskatchewan, and there are virtually NO hills at all, though the highways are crappy enough that there is a lot of slowing and accelerating on the highway. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 244
|
Quote:
I totally agree with you on your MPG I was getting around 52.9 on average highway and 44 city. But that was a month or so. I commute to school which has lots of upward hills and hence is the reason in reduction of mpg by -6 mpg |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
Seems you have a reason to suspect foober. On the other hand, the meters are checked regularly, if I remember what I have read from elsewhere correctly. Too many factors influence our calulation results and that is why I suggest to record our numbers for the long term so that a more reliable average can be worked out.
I have not done well with my latest tank either. It yielded only about 37.3 mpg(imp) or roughly 31 mpg(US). That must have been one of my not-so-good tanks. There have been many short trips in the city and the A/C was on for a number of times. Thanks for sharing your numbers. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Pumps must dispense the correct amount. They are all checked.
However different brands of gas can give different results. That is why it is good to find a gas that gives results you like and stick with it. My first 2 fill ups, finally: 1st to make sure the tank was fill from the dealership: 19 miles, .688 gallons = 27.62 mpg. 2nd one today, 460.2 miles, 10.85 gallons = 42.41 mpg. Total so far = 41.53 MPG. That equals 5.66 l\100 km or 49.88 mpg Imp.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
5 Stars, Bitches
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
|
Quote:
Last edited by Idjiit; 05-28-2006 at 01:38 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
|
yeah, you have to average over a number of tanks to get an accurate idea of your fuel consumption, this will factor in the varying driving styles and conditions as well.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
No, it is not a dream. With a Yaris, reasonably good fuel economy like that you have just posted is actually achievable and you have proved it. I feel so happy for you!
Cheers! |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Western North Carolina,USA
Posts: 62
|
Why?
Sounds like your getting better than the posted sticker MPG on your Yaris,thats awesome! Do you drive a stick or automatic? I'm actually picking up my Yaris tommorrow at Jim Barkley I can't wait :) Thanks 4 your time,and happy Yaris Driveing! YotaYarisUSA |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Quote:
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() Drives: yaris 2007aero Join Date: May 2006
Location: montreal
Posts: 22
|
car went to 500 km before i had to fill it up, cost me 39 $ at 110 , i'am amazed
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
Congratulations on the apparently good numbers! Hope better and better results keep on coming to you. Here is a site you can use to calculate the mpg numbers of your new car. Enjoy:
www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=calcMPG |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
Nice! Just added it to my list of favorite sites.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
![]() |
I have just filled up for the second time and have hit 1260 Km, I got the car with 19 km on it. Considering I cam from a 1989 Jeep Cherokee that had a 60 L tank thai I filled up 1.5 times a week I am in heaven! So far these numbers seem to compare to what everyone else is getting.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|