Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #379
D&D
It's Quacktastic!

Drives: '07 Yaris Hatch
Nice jack. I've got the smaller version of that one and it's been going strong for ~4 years now.

And I feel you on the battery. I got one that is actually for a Scion iq when I replaced mine last week. It's thinner than the stock one, but just as wide and tall as before. I would've loved to relocate it or get a tiny one though.
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #380
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Yea dude that jack is a champ, two full pumps from bar at vertical to bar at max horizontal, and the car is like 3 feet in the air alreaedy lol

Up until recently i was not concerned with how my engine bay looked i was more concerned with having just a few bolt ons for that fun factor. Now i really am concerned with how it looks and am starting to make adjustments but i had just replaced the battery maybe 6-8 months ago and went with a stock replacement so it will be a while before i swap it out again

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #381
Form>Function

FML!!!

Last night on the way back from a local meet I merge into the turn lane for my complex and about 50 feet from the turn i see a massive branch. I try to avoid it but this little idiot ricer in a beatup civic decides to speed up from way behind me so he can blow by a stopping Yaris () and i cant get out of the way of this damn tree trunk. I decided id rather run it over with a wheel then let it annhilate the undercarriage of my car and have an oil pan smashed in like MrMiles. So clunk clunk clunk i run it over, i dont notice any flat, no damage to the body I can see and no issue with alignment but it was dark. This morning i head out to work and I notice this odd clunking kind of noise as if something is moving around. Its not at any specific time and its not when suspension compresses, not on all turns, not on all shifts, it just happens at random. I cant find anything messed up yet but I did see that there is a piece of tree shard lodged where my LCA connects. I will try to asses more later :(

Old 09-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #382
D&D
It's Quacktastic!

Drives: '07 Yaris Hatch
Maybe the tree branch that's lodged down there is what's making the clunking noise? Maybe once yiu pull it out the noise will stop..? Hopefully! :)
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #383
Form>Function

Rolling Shot!!!! Probably one of my favorite pics of my car

Name:  roller.jpeg
Views: 407
Size:  66.6 KB

Old 09-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #384
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

Drives: 2011 Toyota Vios
This is a pretty good shot. I can't wait to see you do a photo shoot with the wheels on.

x-Check out my build thread-x
HANZO's Build Thread
HANZO_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #385
Form>Function

me too ^^

Old 09-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #386
freshvitz

Drives: 2012 Yaris
You gonna keep that wheel color?
freshvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #387
Form>Function

You mean on the BBS? ^^^

Yes probably until next show season

Old 10-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #388
Form>Function

So its been over a month since I sealed up my wheels and tried mounting them and was disappointed by lots of leaking. I got discouraged and stopped working on them for a while then I had to deal with the onslaught of september/october birthdays in my family. Now im back at it.

This weekened I borrowed ToyotaBuzz's super beastly corded drill and picked up a 3m paint/rust remove polycarb pad. After a few hours here and there and pounds of black dust flying everywhere, I was able to get all the silicone off. Because i had just applied it a few weeks ago and it never got any heat or element exposure like it would being on the car, the silicone was in perfect condition and most tools I have used before would just bend and flex the silicone out of the way and then it would flex or snap back into place lol. Buzz's drill didnt allow that lol.

I then washed all my faces and scrubbed any dirt off, taped off the mounting surfaces and redipped them to get an even sharper finish. Now they are ready to be resealed again. While letting the faces dry and also did the rear emblem to match. Hopefully it wont be long before these are mounted.

Name:  face.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  87.5 KB

Name:  emblem far.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  67.5 KB

Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #389
Form>Function

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  Front angle.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  ass.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  poke.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  108.1 KB

Old 10-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #390
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
what! finally.. gez...

looks..... LOUD! nicely done
Old 10-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #391
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Very nice man! Happy to see em on!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #392
Form>Function

thanks guys

Im still experiencing some leaking from one of the fronts but its not the bolts this time so im gonna keep filling it and watching it. I might have to take it to my tire guy and reseat it if it popped off the bead

Old 11-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #393
Radvr6t
Toyota Echo NOOB!

Drives: 2005 4dr Echo hatchback
Rss look pretty dope, check the leaky wheel between the face and the lip it's a common issue with them. I have the same issue on mine!

Post more pics.....
Radvr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #394
Form>Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radvr6t View Post
Rss look pretty dope, check the leaky wheel between the face and the lip it's a common issue with them. I have the same issue on mine!

Post more pics.....
RS's are 3 piece so there is a seam between the lip and face and between the face and barrel. I already know thats where the leak is it cant really be anywhere else other than maybe the valve stem but that was checked already. I just hate having to keep mounting tires, finding they leak, taking tires off, resealing them, mounting tires again, and repeating. It's getting annoying and expensive.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #395
Radvr6t
Toyota Echo NOOB!

Drives: 2005 4dr Echo hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
RS's are 3 piece so there is a seam between the lip and face and between the face and barrel. I already know thats where the leak is it cant really be anywhere else other than maybe the valve stem but that was checked already. I just hate having to keep mounting tires, finding they leak, taking tires off, resealing them, mounting tires again, and repeating. It's getting annoying and expensive.
I hear ya I'm in the same boat. I just lived with it and filled it up once a week, that is the joys of 3 piece wheels. Just take off the tire one last time and silicone the shit out of the seam and you should be ok. You are running a pretty good stretch but i know Im only running 205/40 on a 17x9:)

Not a toyota but here is my build thread -VW VORTEX - Tylers Corrado Vr6T

Hope you get sorted and I look forward to more updates!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #396
Form>Function

Damnnnn so clean. I love Corrados and those smoothies look awesome on there.

If mine only leaked slow enough that I had to fill them once a week id be ok but currently its once before each commute and then by the time i commute back i have to fill up again.

Im trying to avoid removing/remounting the tire a third time so I spoke to a few modular wheel experts and they recommended me putting a tiny bit of a thread loc/silicone/CA glue combo around the head of the nut to stop the leak. Im in the process of doing that and hopefully I can air up the tire soon. Even if I still have to refill once a week with that id be happy.

My rears yes are 16x10 on a 205/40 but the fronts are 16x9 on 205/40. The leaky one is a front so its the same setup as yours.