Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Nexus 1, Droid, or HTC something?
Get the Nexus 1 10 25.00%
Get the Droid 7 17.50%
Wait for the HTC Incredible or Evo 20 50.00%
They're all the same, get the cheapest 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #433
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
Question, Do you know if the stock CM7 mail app uses background data? I like to stay on top of my emails...mainly from overseas friend/s and important local ones.
I would think it does if you have it set to sync automatically, as background data is turned on or off in the sync settings screen.

I sync my mail when I check it, but it's a personal preference.

I am currently using on my htc sensation a rom called Energy by NRGz28.

I have cyanogen on one device that I don't use, a port/mod of it on another one I'm selling, and I put cm7 on a friends LG Optimus M, but he uses gmail so I wouldn't be able to give you a firm yes or no, just me leaning towards yes.
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #434
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Although Apple batteries are indeed known for there quality, they are boosted by iPhone's small screen and no 4G.
We're not supposed to have 4G here until 2015, so no worries there for me.

But yes - the smaller screen does suck at times!

I'll always be an Android lover, but for what I do with a phone - sadly the iPhone was the way to go... I'll still creep on your thread here though. :)
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #435
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
I would think it does if you have it set to sync automatically, as background data is turned on or off in the sync settings screen.

I sync my mail when I check it, but it's a personal preference.

I am currently using on my htc sensation a rom called Energy by NRGz28.

I have cyanogen on one device that I don't use, a port/mod of it on another one I'm selling, and I put cm7 on a friends LG Optimus M, but he uses gmail so I wouldn't be able to give you a firm yes or no, just me leaning towards yes.
Ah, okay.
I usually forget to click the mail app, so thats why I need it to sync automatically if i get an email from class, friends, or something important.

Thanks
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #436
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33OH View Post

I'll always be an Android lover, but for what I do with a phone - sadly the iPhone was the way to go... I'll still creep on your thread here though. :)
Anytime!

To be honest with you, I did go look at the iPhone 4s when it came out b/c dual networks and a really good camera are 2 very important things for me. I wish Google and HTC would come out a hybrid phone that works on BOTH CDMA and GSM.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #437
Shroomster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Anytime!

To be honest with you, I did go look at the iPhone 4s when it came out b/c dual networks and a really good camera are 2 very important things for me. I wish Google and HTC would come out a hybrid phone that works on BOTH CDMA and GSM.
Motorola/google might be working on that...

this sucks: I've heard rumors that t-mobile is moving htc out of it's flagship phone position (with their mytouch phones, now using Lg and next is HUAWEI ugh). htc is kind of moving in the wrong direction with their new phone lineup....'one' series

Still waiting for a stable release of ICS for my sensation (that I can use titanium backup with and apps 2 sd....
I'm noticing a pattern......
Old 03-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #438
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
Actually HTC is doing it right, instead of making a ton of new phones that have a market liefspan of merely 3 months, they will focus on a single series that is divded into tiers, from low end models with basic features and performance to high end beasts (The X model i believe is their top One variant with quad core and magnesium alloy chasis).I love HTC just on the build quality alone, I like the Samsung Galaxy SII also but its way too light and feels very cheap to the touch even though it is a very good phone. The only thing i regret about HTC is their departure from the removable batteries.

As for ICS , Im waiting for LeeDroid to come up with one, i dropped CyanogenMOD until they show more love to the Evo 3d
Really?I didn't know that!!! That's a damn shame!!! One of the major advantages of having an android phone is the removable battery!! Oh well

I had the Samsung Galaxy S in my hands a while back and it does feel a little plasticky and lightweight compared to my EVO4G but the screen is amazing and it really is a good phone. Waiting to see what next year will bring. My EVO 4G on CM 7.1 will do nicely for a while. I was thinking maybe getting a used Nexus S and root it. It would be an upgrade for me. My EVO has been acting up :/ (I guess that's what I get for getting an early adopter's unit :P) Or just wait...
Old 03-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #439
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
Motorola/google might be working on that...

this sucks: I've heard rumors that t-mobile is moving htc out of it's flagship phone position (with their mytouch phones, now using Lg and next is HUAWEI ugh). htc is kind of moving in the wrong direction with their new phone lineup....'one' series

Still waiting for a stable release of ICS for my sensation (that I can use titanium backup with and apps 2 sd....
that would suck if it's true. But remember, rumors are just that. AT&T was gonna eat up T-mobile and they didn't . So keep your hopes up.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #440
Shroomster

Quote:
Actually HTC is doing it right, instead of making a ton of new phones that have a market liefspan of merely 3 months, they will focus on a single series that is divded into tiers, from low end models with basic features and performance to high end beasts (The X model i believe is their top One variant with quad core and magnesium alloy chasis).I love HTC just on the build quality alone, I like the Samsung Galaxy SII also but its way too light and feels very cheap to the touch even though it is a very good phone. The only thing i regret about HTC is their departure from the removable batteries.

As for ICS , Im waiting for LeeDroid to come up with one, i dropped CyanogenMOD until they show more love to the Evo 3d
Thats what I meant to get across.....I think build/quality/ideas about focus are correct, but iphone-esque specs aren't what non-i product consumers want.
I was hoping they would at least start putting 21/42mbps radios in the new line.....

I was on LeeDrOiD on my sensation, I moved to NRG roms as they are much more stable (less gimmicky - my own opinion). Lee and Nrg both have ics roms (thought they did for the evo as its the same practically as the sensation.....camera/screen resolution etc differences....
Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #441
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

I guess the non removable battery from HTC is new news to me...

The HTC Incredible/HTC Evo 4G i think, are the LAST greatest smartphones ever created. These things just want to keep going....like our Yaris. Lately I've been having my phone w/o the cover and dropped it twice now, flat on the ground...Insedio screen protector is super strong, but more so, the phone has been rocking everyday.

I'm due for an upgrade now, i wanted the Sony Nozomi/Xeperia S but thats an AT&T thing i guess...want that nice camera on there because nothing on the Verizon sales floor surprises me.

Currently I've gone through 2 different ICS roms and have found a sort of stable one by Protekk?
He has a zip file for fixing the panorama mode, video recording, and picture quality. Using quickpic to watch recorded videos, picture reviewing, etc WORKS Flawlessly.

Dont know what to upgrade to, honestly...Galaxy Nexus isn't a justifiable uprade~lol

I have been out of the phone look since i changed gears to getting some jdm stuff for the car.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #442
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

For anyone w/ an HTC Evo4, Evo 3D follow this guy on twitter , his MOST recent builds are posted there - https://twitter.com/#!/preludedrew

Paul, his friend, did the last update for the Incredible ICS rom, sad, but he did great work and maybe doing updates down the road for the phone.

Shroomster, I dont know any stable rom for the Sensation, but if i run into one, I will provide a link or two. :)
Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #443
tomato
Super Moderator

PK, can you link something about the non-removable batteries and HTC?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #444
Shroomster

Gsmarena.com>left side select htc>list of all htc phones the one series are all at the top
Old 03-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #445
tomato
Super Moderator

Hmmm.. I still didn't see where it says the batteries are non-removable. o_O

I now have an unlocked Nexus S to play with. Haven't activated it, yet, just playing with it on WiFi only mode. Playing with ICS a bit and I like it a lot. In some ways, it's not as good as CM7, but in some ways better.

The Nexus S disappoints in at least one way: there is no LED notification lights!!! So if your phone is asleep and sitting on your desk, and you missed the sound notification, you could have messages and emails and not know about it for hours. That was a big disappointment, and a big design flaw, I think. But otherwise, the phone is pretty damn fast, it's a pleasure.

Still, I miss the feel of the older HTC phones (Hero, Nexus 1, EVO 4G .. all had a nice heft to it, and not so plasticky).
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #446
tomato
Super Moderator

"You also get an 8megapixel camera, Beats Audio integration, 1GB of RAM and a whopping 32GB of internal storage space for additional media – but no SD card slot and a non-removable battery."

Bummer. :( I think it's a deal breaker for me. I hate running around looking for a place to plug in. :( :(
Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #447
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Drives: 2010 LB
Does anyone have the HTC Vivid? Reviews, if you do ... please ... :)
Old 04-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #448
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
basically anything HTC is a good buy (yes Im biased lol), but the build quality of the HTCs is in my opinion great , they are like mini tanks almost as good as NOKIAs (GOD i wish they would adopt Android). I feel sad for Nokia they were the shi$# back in the day.
And Wang was the greatest word processor company ever, who thought this new fangled pc thing would never catch on.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #449
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

HTC incredible 4g coming soon..... :D

Snapdragon s4 chip, it'll blow the tegra 3 chips out of the water plus better 4g battery life. Think I found the phone to upgrade to.

On to another Incredible phone.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #450
randeez

Drives: 2008 3dr
my htc inc has just about lived it's life...cracked screen, dented camera lense. i'm due for an upgrade in may, i think. I picked up a bionic recently for other line on my plan to replace a blackberry (don't ask) and it took significant other all of about 10 minutes to forget how nice she thought her blackberry was. I was probably just going to get another bionic for myself unless something better comes out in the next two months
randeez is offline   Reply With Quote