Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #37
DevenLF

Drives: Yaris S, 2007
Got that kit installed today. It works great, except for the TEXT part of things. The factory display (I have the large LCD version) displays the channel of the xm radio fine, but I've yet to get it to display the xm radio text (thought my radio has the TEXT button on it, when I press it, it doesn't display anything.. it's blank).

So I guess I'm satisfied, but wish I could get the text to work. The instructions are very vague about getting this setup. I'll post again if I ever get it figured out. If anybody else has installed one of these, let me know your results!

Thanks,

Deven
DevenLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #38
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
I dont know how I can neatly install a satellite radio on board the car so I got that handheld XM one with the MP3 player I got from walmart...

I dont really like the selections " I stay at the techno channels"...

And still love my MP3 players "Ipod mini,ipod video U2,PSP, ilO, my new samsung yepp4gb,and my pink PSP im waiting for at the mail \/ (I'm addicted to MP3s and free music)..., better than my XM... <cont.
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:37 AM   #39
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
If you have an aftermarket head unit that is XM ready, Crutchfield has the XMD1000 receiver with a free $30 prepaid subscription. You also need whatever smart adapter fits your brand of radio. Total price is $95 less the $30 prepaid card.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote