Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #37
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Damn! So they really do exist. lol!!
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #38
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewid View Post
I opted for the "safety pack" when I bought my 5door HB Yaris (Australia). This adds the side, curtain and knee airbags.

Let me guess: you Australian people are much fragile and more prone to head injuries than North Americans, in a side crash

Here in Canada only the sedan has optional side airbags. What's the problem with the Hb ? Take off the rear panels in a 2 doors hatchback and look inside the wall: there is ONLY the exterior sheet of metal to protect the rear passengers
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #39
sewid
Aussie Yaris Nut

Drives: AUSDM Yaris YRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hystria View Post
Let me guess: you Australian people are much fragile and more prone to head injuries than North Americans, in a side crash

Here in Canada only the sedan has optional side airbags. What's the problem with the Hb ? Take off the rear panels in a 2 doors hatchback and look inside the wall: there is ONLY the exterior sheet of metal to protect the rear passengers
Don't know why but yeah. Kinda weird how differently toyota have specced the Yaris in each region.

In my Yaris the rear seats have their own curtain airbags situated in the C-pillar.

We also got other weird items I haven't seen in other regions like an electronic guage cluster with a big digital speedo and electronic tacho kinda like the old Soarer/Lexus SC300/SC400s.
sewid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:15 AM   #40
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Take a look at this more complete video, judge by yourself

1- the airbag seems to offer no protection to the driver's head, as the head would hit the steering wheel
2- with side curtain airbag versus without it

http://www.car.com/content/research/...ODEL_VCH/Yaris

You might want to compare to the Fit crash test:
http://www.car.com/content/research/.../MODEL_VCH/Fit

Last edited by hystria; 12-30-2006 at 09:37 AM.
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote