Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #37
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
PK198105 you are so obcessively against this guy the thought has crossed my mind that you might be one of caveatipse's secrect identities.

I agree. PK, you have some sort of obsession with him.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #38
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
with all due respect, it's the Moderators' job, and not yours, to keep the forum clean and make sure members abide by the rules.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #39
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
with all due respect, it's the Moderators' job, and not yours, to keep the forum clean and make sure members abide by the rules.
x2

PK, you're doing to cav what you say you hate to see from other members...all you do is disrespect him and threaten him...you need to chill, its just a forum....ignore him.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #40
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
YEAH, since the hack this site just isn't the same anymore. For instance, we can get all nice and wet over holden's manifold and other performance items BUT when it comes time to tell a tale of a STREET RACE wiith said parts installed its a NO NO.

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #41
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
The mods all discussed street racing and due to it's dangerous and illegal behavior we all decided that it would not be tolerated on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
YEAH, since the hack this site just isn't the same anymore. For instance, we can get all nice and wet over holden's manifold and other performance items BUT when it comes time to tell a tale of a STREET RACE wiith said parts installed its a NO NO.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #42
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Really, I just wish we could all forget about this crap. I usually try to stay out of this because I hate forum politics.

This is the best resource for Yaris-related information--period. It's a shame that all this nonsense has to take place. If we could simply stay on Yaris-related topics instead of this drama, I think it'd benefit everyone here.

Secondly, plain and simple, if you don't want to follow forum rules, then go somewhere else. If you aren't the one paying the bills, then you aren't the one making the rules--whether you believe it's fair or not.

With that being said, can we just get over the hack, rebuild this place, and continue to make this the best Yaris forum possible?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #43
chucksmaster

Drives: 08 butt white hb plain jane
I don't know if this the proper forum but it looks as good as anyfor my question. Anybody know if there is a way to put cruise control on as an aftermarket or dealer installed ?
Old 12-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #44
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Really, I just wish we could all forget about this crap. I usually try to stay out of this because I hate forum politics.

This is the best resource for Yaris-related information--period. It's a shame that all this nonsense has to take place. If we could simply stay on Yaris-related topics instead of this drama, I think it'd benefit everyone here.

Secondly, plain and simple, if you don't want to follow forum rules, then go somewhere else. If you aren't the one paying the bills, then you aren't the one making the rules--whether you believe it's fair or not.

With that being said, can we just get over the hack, rebuild this place, and continue to make this the best Yaris forum possible?
I agree. You could cut the politics with a knife around here and the moderation is borderline "ridiculous." For example....my opinions and comments are being edited/removed by Chino Charles in the NOS thread in Performance Modifications. This...because "he himself" does not like what I have to say. I guess that if you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or align with the politics then....well, the moderation takes over.

Really, I mean....what's the point of a forum if you can't call it how you see it in a reasonable and adult fashion. Just because a few comments ruffle one's panties doesn't mean that their point/essence is null and void. Let the forum decide. Well...why do that when you are the "Moderator?" Because....at that level....one is the forum, no? Ridiculous and childish...
Old 12-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #45
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
I found some of my posts missing....
idk probably just my bad memory.

this place will pick back up... I find myself only checking yaris world once a day versus two or three times :S

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
Old 12-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #46
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAR1S View Post
I found some of my posts missing....
idk probably just my bad memory.

this place will pick back up... I find myself only checking yaris world once a day versus two or three times :S
That's right, we don't like your kind around these parts, lol. Just kidding
Old 12-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #47
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I don't think I've ever had one of my posts removed other than to help me out.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #48
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Are moderators the only ones who can remove posts? I've seen posts removed in the Hottie du Jour thread.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #49
Kaotic Lazagna

Posters can remove their own posts.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:17 PM   #50
LtNoogie

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I've seen posts remove that I do not believe were removed by the posters. My posts have been removed because "comments weren't welcome" in the pictures threads.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #51
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I've seen posts remove that I do not believe were removed by the posters. My posts have been removed because "comments weren't welcome" in the pictures threads.
As far as I know, only mods and admins are the only other people who can remove posts.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #52
LtNoogie

Oh, the OP can request that certain posts be removed? That could come in handy somtime. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:04 AM   #53
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
I agree. You could cut the politics with a knife around here and the moderation is borderline "ridiculous." For example....my opinions and comments are being edited/removed by Chino Charles in the NOS thread in Performance Modifications. This...because "he himself" does not like what I have to say. I guess that if you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or align with the politics then....well, the moderation takes over.

Really, I mean....what's the point of a forum if you can't call it how you see it in a reasonable and adult fashion. Just because a few comments ruffle one's panties doesn't mean that their point/essence is null and void. Let the forum decide. Well...why do that when you are the "Moderator?" Because....at that level....one is the forum, no? Ridiculous and childish...
Actually, I haven't deleted a single post of yours. If you're going to spout off about me, at least have your facts straight. That was done by one of the other mods, and some others reported your posts too. It was handled as we would handle anything.

There are politics on every forum. I would hope the hours of time and effort and all the money and crap I've invested into this site would afford me more respect than to get chastised any time one of my posts shows ignorance on my part. I don't claim to be an expert on anything either. I'm just like anyone else. I want to learn, and your posts were making it hard for the thread to stay on track.

Of course, we try and afford the same level of respect to all of our members, and if that wasn't my thread I promise you I would have deleted your posts personally. We are a relatively strict mod crew now, but that is because that is how our members wanted us to be. If you're in the minority that doesn't, Hi. I was too, but the people spoke and we generally try to listen.

The right thing to do on your part would have been to ignore my thread. It was obvious from the get go that you and I don't agree one iota about the subject, so why post? You're going to repeatedly post about how dangerous and dumb nitrous is in a thread that is supposed to be about how to use nitrous?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 PM   #54
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Charles,
With all do respect....why waste your time learning about nitrous? First off, it's clear that you are clueless in regards to its usage. This is no big deal....you should remain clueless because nitrous can do nothing good for you. It will only degrade and harm your motor and never serve any "positive" purpose. My entire point by entering the thread was to get you to think about what you are embarking on. Think about it....you are talking about introducing NOS into a friggin Yaris (100 HP commuter car). Charles...just think about what you are saying! Do you really want to invest your time into learning all there is to know about NOS when you yourself commented that you'd likely probably never even use it? Why bother then? Seriously....???? The bottom line with NOS is it's totally ridiculous for a street car that you want to last. If you tear down a motor every year and rebuild, well - maybe not so much of a big deal. So common man...be honest with yourself - aren't there so many other areas to put your energy?
Closed Thread