Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #37
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
I've been looking at performance parts for the Yaris for quite some time now and it looks like the quality of the header is good. I know a lot of people who have had good experience with DC on their Honda's.

If I pick one up it will be off to the dyno for me shortly after. If you do have a chance to dyno your car I'd love to know how much (or little) you get.
Crandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #38
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
BUT, you just did...
your such a smart ass
Old 09-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #39
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I can appreciate your opinion, some people simply want to THINK they are gaining something by spending $ on this mod and that. I posted for some of the less experienced people on this board. I personally dont see the point of spending $ on a claimed "performance" mod and gain nothing. Why buy a preformance part in the first place?

As far as the longer tube design, etc. of the DC Header....all you need to do is stroll over to DC's website like I said, its all spelled out in black and white. 4 into 1's are designed for high applications (5000-8000 rpm). Note they specfically make headers designed for Low-Mid rpm range, their 4 into 2 into 1. Why would a manufacturer make different header designs? Headers are application specific thats why.

Ashley--I'm glad you received the part for free, others on this board will not. I dont need to boast about how long I've been tuning and modifying cars but I will tell you its alot longer than 5 years. I have been semi-pro drag racing for more years than you have been tuning cars. I have a Cartech twin turbo charged mustang that in its current state of tune lays down in excess of 900+ hp to the wheels with over 1000 ft lbs of torque and runs mid to low 9's in the quarter mile AND those claims can be backed up w/dyno's and timeslips.

As far as your claimed 550 hp Cobra, unless you have had it on a dyno then its paper horsepower. Because a manufacturer claims you will gain XXX amount of horsepower doesnt mean you will. I have heard it all before, how someones car runs 10's, 11's doesnt really matter yet the car has never been down the quarter mile track before.

Like I said originally, my post was to geared toward the inexperienced people on the board and there seems to be plenty. I just dont want to see people wasting their money on items that provide little or no benefit to them.

Peace

Tony
Tony,

You are missing the point. This header is designed to make more low end than the FACTORY design. The OEM manifold is 4-1, with very short primaries. The DC is 4-1 with longer primaries. Saying that 4-1 is great for 5000 RPM+ and referencing DC's website is irrelevant to the conversation. If you are a semi pro drag racer you know that there is more to a header design than the merge collector. Without touching the midpipe cats (which is illegal for roadgoing cars) it would be VERY hard to make a 4-2-1 header that works well with the space the in the Yaris. If you did it would be close to double the cost.

A dyno print out IS paper horsepower, but I'm glad you have verified the power of your car with timeslips. Yes I have dynoed my Cobra, but I don't drag race it, it is set up for open track. My experience reference was trying to tell you that I know what I'm talking about when I stated there was a noticable improvement from adding this header. If you want to talk total experience, this is not the place to discuss our failed racing careers.

Last edited by largeorangefont; 09-20-2007 at 05:34 PM.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #40
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall View Post
I've been looking at performance parts for the Yaris for quite some time now and it looks like the quality of the header is good. I know a lot of people who have had good experience with DC on their Honda's.

If I pick one up it will be off to the dyno for me shortly after. If you do have a chance to dyno your car I'd love to know how much (or little) you get.
To be honest i'm just too lazy to put the stock manifold back on, dyno it, then reinstall the DC and dyno again.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #41
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
To be honest i'm just too lazy to put the stock manifold back on, dyno it, then reinstall the DC and dyno again.
I have a rough idea what it makes stock to the wheels, if you go by the general rule that there is roughly 12% loss of power through the transmission when trying to figure out WHP. I'd like to know what you make now with just the header.

But if you're not going to dyno the car there is no worries ;)
Crandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #42
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
Thanks for that LOF, got a better idea now.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote