Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #37
jommani2000

Drives: Polar White, 3Dr, power packag
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
You're right... but still, if you post pictures of your car on a forum it is officially open season for opinions on your car and you asked for it. Some will like/dislike almost anything, but in the end, its not going to stop people from doing what they want to do. Its just fun to watch.
I totally agree with you, I've asked for it am i'm really okay with it. If you noticed, I don't have a problem with people not liking "outright" due to matter of personal taste or what have you however, I just wanted to get my point across that i'm not trying to "perp" or try to fool anyone by installing a manual shift knob on an automatic; just got it because it matches the car well, cheap and didn't like anything else that i saw.

That's all.
enjoy

Ric
jommani2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:16 PM   #38
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Yeah, its all good. Even if you don't like it, you can still usually pull some ideas from it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:50 AM   #39
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Aren't there airbags in the LB's front seats? You probably shouldn't use seat covers if there are...
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:03 AM   #40
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
Aren't there airbags in the LB's front seats? You probably shouldn't use seat covers if there are...
Um...no

There's an OPTIONAL side airbag package, but I'm pretty sure it's side curtain only.

You'd know if you had seat-mount side airbags, my I30 does and it has seat-colored plastic panels on the side of each seat that read "SRS Airbag"
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:12 AM   #41
IsLNdbOi

Mine came with the side curtain air bags, power package and convenience package.

Reason I asked about the airbags being in the chair is that I saw some sites that said that some cars have the airbags in the chairs so you can't put chair covers on.

Also, my front chairs (passenger and driver) both have tags along the seams closest to the door. The tags look just like the ones you find on a t-shirt on the back right below the neck. The tags says "SRS Airbags" on them.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:30 AM   #42
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Quote:
Mine came with the side curtain air bags, power package and convenience package.

Reason I asked about the airbags being in the chair is that I saw some sites that said that some cars have the airbags in the chairs so you can't put chair covers on.

Also, my front chairs (passenger and driver) both have tags along the seams closest to the door. The tags look just like the ones you find on a t-shirt on the back right below the neck. The tags says "SRS Airbags" on them.
News to me, I didn't think the optional package offered seat-mount side airbags.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:21 AM   #43
ChinoCharles
Banned

Actually, when you crash a Yaris the whole thing explodes into one huge air bag, kind of like how they landed the Mars rover. Try it, its true!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #44
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
http://www.cleanbutt.com/PRODUCT.ASP
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #45
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Seat covers

I got this seat covers on Ebay, fit is perfect

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
YamilR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #46
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR

Pictures pleaseeee
Old 09-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #47
IsLNdbOi

Ok so you guys seem to be ignoring what I brought up. Wouldn't seat covers on the front seats keep the side airbags from deploying in case of an accident?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #48
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Ok so you guys seem to be ignoring what I brought up. Wouldn't seat covers on the front seats keep the side airbags from deploying in case of an accident?

No they shouldn't. Generally speaking side airbags aren't that low, they are at the top of the headliner (along the side of course), its kind of hard to explain but the point is they are positioned in a manner that protects your head or at least your upper torso but I believe more so with your head. Unless your seat covers are pillows I don't think that will effect it. Its a cover so it should fit snug with the seat, like skin on your body. I hope I anwsered correctly to what I interpeted what you were asking, right.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #49
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR

This is awesome....can you take pics? This is exactly what I was looking for depending on how they look. I want something that looks natural...not gaudy like every other seat cover sold in an main stream store is!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #50
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000
No they shouldn't. Generally speaking side airbags aren't that low, they are at the top of the headliner (along the side of course), its kind of hard to explain but the point is they are positioned in a manner that protects your head or at least your upper torso but I believe more so with your head. Unless your seat covers are pillows I don't think that will effect it. Its a cover so it should fit snug with the seat, like skin on your body. I hope I anwsered correctly to what I interpeted what you were asking, right.

He is right, plus most car companies are not so short sighted not to think that people would not use covers....it is almost inevitable at some point.....notice I say almost.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #51
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Drives: flint mica yaris s sedan
hey, do u have pics of the back seats? and what color was ur original seats? it's not black/pattern is it ? which is showing on the side? i have baige seats and i want to put covers that really cover up the entire seat

Last edited by manborn; 09-20-2006 at 12:49 PM.
manborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #52
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Quote:
There seems to be some confusion evident in the answers. Seat covers wouldn't effect the side curtain airbags, but they would be a problem for cars with side impact airbags mounted in the seats. In fact, they are making special seat covers just for cars with side airbags: http://www.seatcoverworld.com.au/airbags.htm, http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/51A4.aspx#q50 and http://www.coverking.com/c_seatcoversairbags.html for example.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #53
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Drives: flint mica yaris s sedan
they seem special but do they fit as nice as the pics showed on this thread. coz those reds are on there tight
manborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #54
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Pictures pleaseeee

"This set will fit Yaris with 60/40 split rear seat" I contacted them and since I do not have 60/40's they will not fit right on back seat in LB
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote