Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Rear-ended today by some (You know what) on her cellphone

Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later, due to all the idiots I see on the road every day. A day doesn't go by when I don't see at least one or two rear-end collision accidents during my work commute. Unfortunately, no amount of good/defensive driving can save you from every moron coming up from behind.

The hit felt pretty hard, but the damage to my rear-bumper and lower reverse-light housing was minimal, surprisingly enough. After all the complaints I have heard about the Yaris bumpers not being designed/attached well, I'm surprised that my bumper still looks perfectly attached and solid. I'm going to have the dealership check her out for hidden damage when I take her in for her next scheduled oil/rotate service on Dec 12th (next week). Probably just a scuffed bumper that will need repainting or replacement, along with the crappy-design reverse-light housing attached to the rear bumper. The idiot (insert C word here) has crooked Progressive Insurance unfortunately, so I get to deal with them again. When my Accord was rear-ended even harder in 2012 by another careless (insert C word here) while I was sitting at a red light, their adjuster/inspector 'overlooked' some obvious damage and tried to screw me on what they were liable to repair.

Yes, I'm still pretty pissed by it all. I have zero tolerance for selfish, entitled stupid people that put others at risk with their behaviors/habits. Perhaps I should just buy a reliable car that I'm not fond of at all, so I won't have to worry about hand-washing/detailing it regularly, or care when stupid people mess it up.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote