Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #37
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
In the U.S. it seems like they love to give discounts for random things.. I had a good student discount for graduating with a B average or better and then I now have the multi-car discount for having more than one car. And the multiline discount cuz I also have homeowner's insurance through them.. and then there's accident free discount for not being in an accident for over 5 yrs, etc. etc. I don't know how they calculate it in Canada.. if there are discounts like this or not but I know without these discounts, our insurance can easily be almost as much.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #38
alhope34
Spool'd

Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec
we really only have discount for driving school. usually take about 30% off. When I had my learner's liscence I didn't have enough money for school so I didn't take it. I don't get why driving school matters so much to insurance, driving school does NOT make a good driver. Sure, you know a few extra tips here and there, but people are going to drive the way they want to no matter what driving school education they have. My older sister had driving school and her first liscence test she failed, passed on the second try then the full liscence test she passed first try...my first liscence test I passed with a perfect, my full liscence test i got 98% or something...better than my sister did. So, she went through school and has the discount, I didn't go through the school and I am the better driver...the tests prove this. Blah...this whole topic makes me angry. I just find insurance companies up here like to discriminate a lot, which I thought was illegal.
alhope34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #39
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
21 years old, $145/month, full coverage $1000 deductible, 2 speeding tickets, 1 traffic sign ticket, and a DWI
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #40
sherryberry

Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
we really only have discount for driving school. usually take about 30% off. When I had my learner's liscence I didn't have enough money for school so I didn't take it. I don't get why driving school matters so much to insurance, driving school does NOT make a good driver. Sure, you know a few extra tips here and there, but people are going to drive the way they want to no matter what driving school education they have. My older sister had driving school and her first liscence test she failed, passed on the second try then the full liscence test she passed first try...my first liscence test I passed with a perfect, my full liscence test i got 98% or something...better than my sister did. So, she went through school and has the discount, I didn't go through the school and I am the better driver...the tests prove this. Blah...this whole topic makes me angry. I just find insurance companies up here like to discriminate a lot, which I thought was illegal.
They discriminate cuz you're canadian? heh from what I gather, canada just pays more for car insurance. Here in the U.S., at least at my school, you have to take driver's ed in order to even graduate from high school. So we don't have anything with driving school discounts.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #41
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
I'm 25, and I'm paying around $71/month..full coverage. I haven't had any accidents yet, nor have I had any speeding tickets yet...that doesn't mean that I drive the speed limit though..
landrym28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #42
Papercolor

Drives: (us)2007 Yaris Liftback
I have a few friends in canada....I've heard alot of people dont drive just because of insurance. Just the way it is.

I'll post my rates soon. I have quite a few dings...I like like 4 right now.

I was paying $66mo, age 24 for a 99 honda civic.
Papercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #43
jetaimejsc

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
im 20 and i pay $247.13 a month thats a little too expensive for me
jetaimejsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #44
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
2 years ago, I was paying close to $200/month for insurance. It definately makes a difference when you turn 25...insurance usually drops in half automatically(assuming you still have a decent driving record).

I'm not sure how alot of the policies work in the States. Does insurance in the States drop quite a bit once you turn 25?
landrym28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #45
sherryberry

yeah, it's suppose to drop a ton when you turn 25. I don't know how much i'm not 25 yet..

but on another note.. somehow my insurance went down... again! i am not complaining but I have no idea why it keeps going down. Anyway, it's now at 306ish for six months.