Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #37
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
^
I'd love to have a train horn in this tiny car. No good place to mount a 3 gallon air tank though...

I'm thinking about maybe getting the Stebel Nautilus horn. The stock one is not cutting it.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #38
ChilliwackGuy
WCOAST CANADIAN DRIVER!!!

Drives: 2010 Hatch 5DR - AUTO/AC
I switched from an 09 Rav 4 Limited V4 (gave it to my wife) - and now I commute with a 2010 Yaris Hatch - 5 Door - and YES - I find people tailgate me / cut me off / honk at me - way MORE than when I drove the Rav4 - and I'm doing a daily commute of 250KM - and on the freeway - I'm always 5-10Km over the posted speed limit.

In all honesty - if it weren't for this thread - I would have thought it was only happening 2 me!
ChilliwackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #39
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHatch08 View Post
The stock one is not cutting it.
I completely agree. I'm planning to install a new and better horn soon.
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #40
jmjonesey

Drives: Red 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to jmjonesey
I used to drive a GMC Jimmy, lifted, swamp tires, 8 shocks, blahdity blahdity blah, and in the 3 years I owned that truck, only one tailgater ever. and when I brake checked her, she realized quick that it wouldnt be a good idea having the tow hitch go through her windshield and backed off. Nobody ever pulled out in front of me, ever, everyone heard me coming...oh man it was awesome.

Now for the last few years in my yaris, I suppose I get my fair share of frakheads, although here in NC, its pretty casual driving, nobody is in a great hurry, and only the elderly do 10 under the speed limit, highway driving is relatively boring, save the occasional crazy high school kid that just got 'em selves a coffee or something
Old 07-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #41
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Switching last month from a car with a trunk to a LB, it looks like everyone is tailgating me and stopping way too close now!
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #42
smell my finger

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
I had a guy flick me off as he passed me only to get to the red light seconds before me. Everyone is in a hurry, the way I look at it is that I drive cautiously so if they tailgate and hit me its their fault. I don't get why everyone is in a hurry to get to the red light. I just love chicago drivers.
smell my finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #43
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
I hate it when people tailgate. Especially when I'm already in the slow lane.

Its funny how mad people get when you slow down to 30.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #44
Stove

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
I've been chased out of my lane 2 times. Both times by a Prius drivers Apparently when you're hyper-mileing you don't have to watch your mirrors or check your blind spots.
Stove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #45
rudolfoz

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHatch08 View Post
This happens all the time here in MI. Most of the cars here are domestic and large. Lots of D-bags that don't like imports and/or just drive like they own the whole world.
I am from Michigan too, but i don't feel that way. I actually catch my self often tailgating others. I used to drive and old Prizm before the Yaris. I think people feel weird when somebody in a small car drives faster than most of other drivers. I love it. My only advice, drive faster LOL.
rudolfoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #46
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
^
It's not a lack of speed that's my issue. It's simply how others choose to behave in certain situations.

I know this because I've owned several other cars, and it seems like there is just a different reaction to this car. Others in this thread have noted the same thing.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #47
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
I had some bloke today driving a Lexus RX350 get massively annoyed because my 3dr Yaris YR, with four occupants (3 of whom were over 6ft tall), was faster going up the on-ramp to the freeway than he was.

Once I got on the freeway I did the right thing and moved to the right hand lane to give way to the Patrol trying to merge with the traffic from the next on-ramp.. But this bloke just wouldn't let him in! He decided it was better to try and block the other driver, who had nowhere to go when he ran out of road on the ramp.

Then, he slowed back down and sat in my blind spot so I couldn't get back in my lane. After 2km of this, I ended up accelerating up a little and changing back in to the left hand lane in front of him because my off-ramp was coming up and if I missed it I would end up 25 mins out of my way. As soon as I changed lanes, he swerved out behind me and sped up over the speed limit so that him and his buddy could smuggly wave at me. He then went on to do the same thing to the car in front of me, then slow down to about 20km below the speed limit in the overtaking lane ... Only to be tailgated by a Prelude!
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #48
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
bunch of victims... sheesh
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote