Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #37
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Top mount would be preferable on these engines. I mean look, some people even ran WITHOUT an intercooler, for some power it's okay, but for what people were trying to do was trying to squeeze max power from a non intercooled engine. Always want to intercool to take away more risk of detonation.

With that being said, why would you want to run an extra 4 feet of piping to the front and back around the engine for what? Pressure drop? Easier to hack up a $100 hood and make a proper cooling duct for a TMIC than to mess with shaving supports in the front or frame work. The tmic depicted is perfect for this application.

Also ive been tuning a few DSMs lately, running as rich as 10AFR and as lean as 18 at cruising and 30 at idle. Needless to say i fixed that issue quick. 11.5.7 12.2 at wot. cruising and idle is around 14.7, 15.2.

The more common UEGO gauge reads only to 10-17, 10/10.5AFR being the lowest i would allow a car to run, yes rich, but i don't think rich enough to mess up piston rings or anything. The kids been doing pulls all year on his stock pistons, no issues ever.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #38
Faraz_Shaikh

Drives: Toyota Vitz
thanks for clearing issues nexus
id like to draw your attention towards my question regarding o2 sensor, could you please clear up issue

car was not getting tuned by earlier , i used to disconnect o2 sensor so the car used to get rich, without boost like below 3000 it used to be very rich and as the turbo spools it used to be perfect, and if i used to run car with o2 sensor so it used to be lean all the time but like for 3 days i didnt disconnect the o2 sensor and used to do normal cruising but yesterday i made a try, i ran car with the o2 sensor the car was perfect, in all 3 gears it was perfectly awesome. i asked my tuner he said your car has been tuned automatically via o2 sensor.
Later i made another bunk next to o2 sensor for checking the afr, the afr was 10.5 to 11, when i disconnected the wideband sensor from that bunk the car again was in old situation, was in lean with o2 sensor so now i have again closed that extra bunk in manifold which i made for checking afr and now o2 sensor is connected.

So now my question is that will o2 sensor again tune my car automatically and control the fueling accordingly ?
Faraz_Shaikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #39
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
This thread is full of douche.

OP - It should...what you are describing sounds like the ECU going back and forth between open and closed loop modes, so if everything is plugged back in, it should take back over. Also, you don't have to remove the AFR sensor you added, as it should not interfere with your O2 sensor.

As for your install, it's a mess, but I'd imagine you probably don't have the resources there that we have here, so congrats on getting it together and running man. Keep it up.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote