Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #37
ddongbap
Banned
 
Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hay
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
what is the terminal velocity of an unladen african swallow, now THAT is one i'm curious about.
As fast as a penny? lol.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #38
Dorkinheimer
 
Dorkinheimer's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 2007 *manual*
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Yeah, Hyundai stinks.

Dude, welcome to 2009. Hyundai is now among the best.
Yeah, they went up in quality, but price for price, I prefer a Japanese car, and you did buy a Toyota !
And when you trade both cars in a few years later, you'll lose less with a Japanese, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited by Dorkinheimer; 02-27-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Dorkinheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #39
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Fit owners always stair at my car all the time, the sport ones try to race me at the highway.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #40
bobby
 
bobby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris/2009 Phit Sport
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northeast
Posts: 159
I own a 2007 Yaris hatch, and a 2009 Phit with Navi. Having driven both, I can tell you that unquestionably the Phit is a better, safer, roomier, better handling car...by far.

That's all.
__________________
Obama 2012
Re-elect the President
bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #41
specialeducator
 
specialeducator's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 162
Given the price difference, it creates an unequal comparison. I quickly moved away from considering the Fit because of it's expense.
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #42
blktiger60
 
blktiger60's Avatar
 
Drives: `08 HB S
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
I own a 2007 Yaris hatch, and a 2009 Phit with Navi. Having driven both, I can tell you that unquestionably the Phit is a better, safer, roomier, better handling car...by far.

That's all.
Not to mention a whole lot uglier.
__________________
- The Black Ship Yaris -
blktiger60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #43
ddongbap
Banned
 
Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hay
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialeducator View Post
Given the price difference, it creates an unequal comparison. I quickly moved away from considering the Fit because of it's expense.
Toyota 5D LB: $13,300.

Honda Fit: $14,700.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #44
roxy1
 
Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Toyota 5D LB: $13,300.

Honda Fit: $14,700.

not the proper comparison, since that is an automatic yaris 5 dr liftback.
automatic fit starts at $15,550
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #45
Kal-El
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkinheimer View Post
Yeah, they went up in quality, but price for price, I prefer a Japanese car, and you did buy a Toyota !
And when you trade both cars in a few years later, you'll lose less with a Japanese, I'm pretty sure.
I'll give you that much. Yes, I still prefer my Japanese cars but was just defending Hyundai as you basically stated that Hyundai and Kia aren't good cars.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #46
Kal-El
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
I own a 2007 Yaris hatch, and a 2009 Phit with Navi. Having driven both, I can tell you that unquestionably the Phit is a better, safer, roomier, better handling car...by far.

That's all.
You paid approximately $19,500 for your Fit (auto?). How much was your Yaris again?

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #47
Ryu
 
Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 503
Yaris and Fit are both subcompact and both are from well known reliable Toyota and Honda, I guess that why is people always comparing Yaris to Fit, and not other subcompact.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #48
Split
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 393
Exclamation

You can't cross compare years.

Yaris 5dr Hatchback - $15,065
Scion xD - $14,650
Honda Fit - $14,750

Yaris 5dr in the USA for some reason only comes in Automatic, so that explains the price difference.
I'm not really sure why Toyota makes its own competitor, Yaris 5dr vs Scion xD. GM has been doing this same stupidity for so long. Cobalt vs Pursuit, Solstice vs Sky, Sunfire vs Cavalier, Tahoe vs Yukon, etc. I don't really understand why.

Damn the Scion xD is a good deal btw, If we were in the states, we would have bought that instead for sure. The only reason I can see wanting a Yaris is for the 3dr or the sedan, i'm not sure why anyone would buy a 5dr yaris (no offensive to 5dr yaris owners, please enlighten me!). I'd love to have a Scion xD with that 1.8L motor.. its like a 5dr Yaris TS!
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #49
supmet
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Yeah, Hyundai stinks.

Dude, welcome to 2009. Hyundai is now among the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Agreed... and by all accounts that new Genesis coupe is looking to become one heck of an enthusiast car... Nissan and Toyota/Subaru couldn't get off their asses to build the next-gen cheap RWD coupe, now Hyundai's beat them to it!
Am I missing some running joke or something? You guys seriously think hyundais are nice? I realize not everyone reads consumer reports, but - I've asked this before, and I guess I'll keep asking - when was the last time you saw a hyundai driving around that was 5 years old or older? I see one a month tops, and invariably its making some god awful screeching/whining/hissing/"broken car" noise. Compare that with the 50 old hondas/toyotas that I see, and each one sounds like it still has 100k+ left in it.

Welcome to 2009, where your hyundai still sucks.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #50
specialeducator
 
specialeducator's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 162
I was using real life data- cars on the lots.
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #51
tomato
Super Moderator
 
tomato's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post

The only reason I can see wanting a Yaris is for the 3dr or the sedan, i'm not sure why anyone would buy a 5dr yaris (no offensive to 5dr yaris owners, please enlighten me!).
I can totally see why 3dr LB owners would want to get a 5-dr: you get to keep the LB style, car is pretty much the same body size, but it's 100 times more convenient for getting people and stuff in and out of the back seat (getting people through the front doors is kind of awkward and gets old eventually).

I have a 3dr myself, only because I don't use the back seats much. If I did, I would have gotten the Fit or the Matrix. Putting in doors in the back is a pretty smart move, i think. My 2 c.

Last edited by tomato; 03-01-2009 at 02:01 AM. Reason: typos
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #52
ddongbap
Banned
 
Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hay
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
not the proper comparison, since that is an automatic yaris 5 dr liftback.
automatic fit starts at $15,550
It still doesn't matter.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #53
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH
 
Jem_hadar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Collingwood, ON
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglemobile View Post
Anyone remember the Honda Accord station wagon? Or for that matter, the Accord hatchback? I saw a guy a few weeks ago with one of the HBs in mint condition.
Yea! My ex's father has the Accord wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Yeah, Hyundai stinks.

Dude, welcome to 2009. Hyundai is now among the best.

In the last 5+ years, Hyundai has made incredible gains in quality with their cars (styling too). They arent "shitboxes" anymore.

Even if one buys an Accent (and IMO the new ones are nice, save for the interior dash), you neednt fear it falling apart after the standard 5 yr / 100,000 km warranty expires.

And the new Elantra Touring (read: hatchback) that just came out... brilliant!! Id rather own it than a Toyota Matrix if I was shopping now in that class.
__________________
2007 Yaris Hatchback 5 Door LE, Manual, Package B, Bayou Blue Metallic
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #54
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH
 
Jem_hadar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Collingwood, ON
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
You can't cross compare years.
i'm not sure why anyone would buy a 5dr yaris (no offensive to 5dr yaris owners, please enlighten me!).
Bc it has 4 doors! Cant stand 2door cars. They drive me nuts for the poor accessibility to the backseat when its needed (and this is coming from a guy who is usually driving by himself).

But also, in the Yaris Hatchback's case, I dont like the styling of the 3door yaris... it just feels/looks like its lacking something to me...

I much prefer the looks of the 5door yaris hatchback.
__________________
2007 Yaris Hatchback 5 Door LE, Manual, Package B, Bayou Blue Metallic
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
Lower Mainland Yaris, Echo, Fit, Mini, meet mojoyaris Canada 24 11-02-2008 01:16 AM
What aftermarket exhaust will fit the Yaris Sedan? dngz Performance Modifications 2 10-02-2006 01:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.