Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #37
edzzzzzzzzzz
NOOB :)
 
Drives: 2009 5-door hatch daily driver
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 8
guys, is it normal to feel heftier steering after switching to 16s? my stocks are 15s btw..
edzzzzzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #38
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
"Wheel size/Offset/Tire size!"

16x7 / 37 / 195/50

derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #39
Kal-El
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzzzzzzzzzz View Post
guys, is it normal to feel heftier steering after switching to 16s? my stocks are 15s btw..
I didn't notice any difference steering at lows speeds. The overall performance at high speeds and corning is certainly improved though. They don't at all feel heavier. Actually, 16's are often the same weight as stock 15" steelies with fatter tires.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #40
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzzzzzzzzzz View Post
guys, is it normal to feel heftier steering after switching to 16s? my stocks are 15s btw..
I did, but going from a thin tire to a wider tire!

All good.
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #41
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides
 
TickleTimeTim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,247
i came back down from my 17s due to weight and feeling the road with my low profiles. miss the shine, but don't miss the slow
__________________
Club SHIFT
TickleTimeTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #42
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad
 
.Kevin.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prince George, BC. Canada
Posts: 954
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post



16x7 (+37) Rays Engineering Texan Shotguns with 205/50/16 Yokohama AVS ES100 tires. Lowered on coilovers, a good amount of rubbing on the fronts.
THOSE are sweet jesus

BTW where the hell can I get eyelids that are my cars color and how do you put em on o,o
__________________
.Kevin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #43
Kaotic Lazagna
 
Kaotic Lazagna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 9,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post

BTW where the hell can I get eyelids that are my cars color and how do you put em on o,o
I believe you can get eyelids through Micro Image (when the site is back up). You will either have to paint them yourself, or have them professionally painted (if you have a single-stage paint, just paint it yourself). They attach with some double-sided tape on the underside.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #44
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad
 
.Kevin.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prince George, BC. Canada
Posts: 954
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
I believe you can get eyelids through Micro Image (when the site is back up). You will either have to paint them yourself, or have them professionally painted (if you have a single-stage paint, just paint it yourself). They attach with some double-sided tape on the underside.
Painting myself I have no idea how to do, how do I get someone to paint them for me if my color code is a dealership one o,o I wouldnt mind black either

and how much does microimage charge for em o,o I have the hood deflector on aswell so I am trying to get some that just cover the headlights and dont go on the body
__________________
.Kevin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rockland Toyota's Scion Revolution 4.0 phyre76 NY / NJ/ CT / PA 70 08-11-2010 05:20 AM
ROCKLAND SCION'S FALL FESTIVAL 2009 9/13/2009 ROCKLAND TOYOTA NY / NJ/ CT / PA 18 09-15-2009 10:31 PM
ROCKLAND/SCION SUMMER SLAM 3.0 7/19/09 ROCKLAND TOYOTA NY / NJ/ CT / PA 198 08-05-2009 01:04 AM
Rockland Toyota/Scion Car show Zefoxe NY / NJ/ CT / PA 47 05-26-2009 08:16 PM
Imports@UCI FREE Car Show! Feb. 28th UCI DuckinOut California 16 03-06-2009 01:31 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.