Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #37
Crackerballer

Drives: 08 BMW 135i
any update?
Crackerballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #38
90tsi

Drives: 09 yaris
I miss mine. I seen u had 2 non-turbo blocks. I broke the transmission ear off as well(torquey bastard haha). anyway....in my searching i seen that turbo and non-turbo blocks ate slightly diff. On the inside of blocks the turbos have a hole for a piston cooler fitting the non turbos do not. Dont know what kinda iasues would cause if it would cause any at all. Just thought i would share a lil dsm knowledge that i picked up
90tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #39
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Its been RETARTED hot outside this past month. over 100* plus 100% humidity is making outside work unbearable. I need a better fan in the garage or a mobile body a/c unit attached to my back.

Well I have come across another roadblock again. The block I got from a guy off craigslist was from a 95gst. So the block isn't the problem anymore.. Now I got head issues.

The Heads I was using are from a NonTurbo block. I stumbled across a thread on a forum about swapping the nonturbo head on a turbo block. They say it works, just make sure you get turbo cams, which I did not think about when I installed mine. I've been on the hunt for some stock turbo cams for the past 2 weeks.

Luckily I was able to get in touch with a local DSM'er who has recently upgraded his cams. Same guy who is going to sell me his 16G turbo. Turbo and cams for $60. Got really lucky on this deal.

Still searching for stock left/right motor mounts though.

On a side note. My woman is about to go back to full time school and part time work in a couple weeks. This will put a HUGE finacial strain on this project in particular. I do have this gsx shell on craigslist and the motor on a separate listing also. Will do package deal. SO, in the mean time, while I am waiting for it to sell, I will still be working on it.

main reason for selling I the 2nd garage I got at my apartment is costing me an extra $100/mo. If I can just get this thing running and out of the garage I will more then likely be able to hold on to it.

Parts needed to finish:
2G turbo throttle body w/ sensors
2G drivers and passengers motor mounts
turbo oil feed line and coolant feed/return lines for 16G
Oil pressure guage w/sensor, preferably electrical
-external wastegate: Post #28 1st picture. need a wastegate that fits that flange. Anyone know what name brand fits that bolt pattern?
Also considering just cutting it off and welding a different flange for any wastegate I can find to push between 12-15psi.

If you have any of these parts or know someone who has these parts. Please post up a picture of them. If someone is just looking to get rid of some spares from previous upgrades I can paypal money for shipping + a little bit extra. Patients is one of my better qualities.

Thanks for checking this thread out and the input you have given me. Any information from DSM'ers here is appriciated. Thanks 90tsi for that tip, I do know what your talking about and why I opted for the turbo block reguardless. N/T 4g63 block will work, just gotta re-route some lines to other places is all.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote