![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: White Rock BC
Posts: 687
|
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynami...ation_Absorber
Think of it as putting your finger on a small bell and ringing it. Much quieter right? I come by the info by knowing a bit about physics..... and being a mechanic :þ I would ASSume that by putting small dampeners there, it prevents the NVH from travelling to the body (which will amplify it) and potentially bother the driver. The other likely cause would be due to Toyota adding disc brakes to an existing twist-beam and finding squeal/groan complaints. Rather than making a new twist-beam they just bolt those dampeners on until the next redesign. In practice removing that dampener will likely result in no noticeable change in NVH to the driver. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() Drives: yaris Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 2
|
Go to fastenal.com and order part number 1111 6380 it's a M10 1.25 x 30 millimeter Bolt you can use these bolts to the factory bump stops with no problem I used on my 2014 SE model
Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Charcoal 2012 Yaris SE 5 Speed Join Date: May 2016
Location: Smithfield, VA
Posts: 150
|
In that case I'll just remove em. I don't know if there is a fitments difference between white and the TRD unit. Nvh doesn't bother me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() Drives: 2014 Yaris Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 4
|
Thanks for the detailed info ... I was looking for a mod for my new (new to me) 2014 LE
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 Yaris SE Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,082
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Charcoal 2012 Yaris SE 5 Speed Join Date: May 2016
Location: Smithfield, VA
Posts: 150
|
I installed my white line bar, I didn't have to remove any dampers on my SE. I honestly did not even see them or look for them during the install.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 Yaris SE Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,082
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Charcoal 2012 Yaris SE 5 Speed Join Date: May 2016
Location: Smithfield, VA
Posts: 150
|
I'll take another look, I think it is because the white line installs differently.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| TRD rear sway bar? | Lewis | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 26 | 09-10-2013 02:10 PM |
| FS: TRD Rear Sway Bar NY/CT/NJ | enviri | Items for Sale by private party | 8 | 06-13-2013 10:46 PM |
| Any interest in a used TRD rear sway bar? | ricktoyota73 | Items for Sale by private party | 10 | 09-06-2012 10:08 PM |
| Which rear sway bar? | IsLNdbOi | Performance Modifications | 46 | 11-05-2009 06:07 AM |
| TRD rear sway bar | cali yaris | Items for Sale by private party | 19 | 05-23-2009 05:23 PM |