Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #37
kurokoma-kun
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: my own little world
Posts: 1,256
You finally got em! I thought reznunt had beat you to it.

They look fantastic! also interested in your impressions of handling.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #38
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy
 
brickhardmeat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Inner City, Dallas
Posts: 2,995
all I can find is Toyo, Federal and Cooper
__________________
SPONSORED BY
brickhardmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #39
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
all I can find is Toyo, Federal and Cooper
dunlop, nankang, sumitomo also have 205-60-13.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #40
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
You finally got em! I thought reznunt had beat you to it.

They look fantastic! also interested in your impressions of handling.
nope, he was the pioneer! that's why i gave credit where credit is due, in the first line of my pic post.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:29 PM   #41
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
x2.

I wish someone made a tire in this size that was a little more agressive (e.g. Yokohama AVS ES100s or such).
x3. like i said, it's either really cheap shit or race rubber, not a lot of selection in between.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #42
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy
 
brickhardmeat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Inner City, Dallas
Posts: 2,995
well, if I end up with a set of 13's I'll probably get the federals 'cuz that's how i roll

don't want to destroy my white trash image
__________________
SPONSORED BY
brickhardmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #43
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
well, if I end up with a set of 13's I'll probably get the federals 'cuz that's how i roll

don't want to destroy my white trash image
i'll do you one better and get some tire pens and make that federal logo really stand out!
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #44
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I can't find any Dunlops in 205/60/13. I found the Sumitomos. I wouldn't put a set of Nankangs on any wheel I owned. I owned a set of them and they were horrible.
i can't find them either, weird. here's a pic of them in 205-60-13:
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #45
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
FYI:

VPDs on special at Honda-Tech: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2070757

VPDs in multiple colors: http://www.exospeed.com/category.php?id=427
they're $20 cheaper here , plus no tax!
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #46
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy
 
brickhardmeat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Inner City, Dallas
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by reznunt View Post
i'll do you one better and get some tire pens and make that federal logo really stand out!
yeah ,well, of course
__________________
SPONSORED BY
brickhardmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #47
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Trust me -- if I had the cash now, I'd buy them at your "store."

They only thing I'd worry about is sidewall flex. With a nice, sticky, street tire, the sidewalls are still pretty stiff. On the currently available 205-60-13s, I'm afraid they're not high performance enough (minus the R compounds) for my liking. I've got Yokohama AVS ES100s in a 205-50-16 now and they're great. I don't mind our 205-50-15 Falken Ziex 15s either.

BTW, they don't seem to make the G/T Qualifier in that size anymore. http://dunloptires.com/dunlop/displa...ea=Performance

EDIT: Falken Ziex 502 in 205-60-13. I wonder if they're available in the US?:
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...=m4b0s375p2243

for the cooper cobras, the sidewall flex isn't much of an issue compared to the stickiness... or lack of stickiness. these tires weren't meant for anything but getting groceries. i wonder what's less sticky, these cobras or cold ra1's.

i saw those 502's also but i couldn't find them online.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:39 AM   #48
03Z33
 
03Z33's Avatar
 
Drives: TCR10
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,132
Handling is really nice with the RA1's and for me they are cheap enough and last long enough to use daily. If I was going to track these I'd probably get some Hoosiers or Kumho R-Compounds or some Yokohama race slicks. The nice thing about 13's is you can always find slightly used race tires for cheap since a lot of the pro racers and autocrossers run this sizing and they change tires after every few track days.
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #49
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
Handling is really nice with the RA1's and for me they are cheap enough and last long enough to use daily. If I was going to track these I'd probably get some Hoosiers or Kumho R-Compounds or some Yokohama race slicks. The nice thing about 13's is you can always find slightly used race tires for cheap since a lot of the pro racers and autocrossers run this sizing and they change tires after every few track days.
since you are in the circle, got any good sources for race takeoffs? i want some a048's!
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #50
03Z33
 
03Z33's Avatar
 
Drives: TCR10
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,132
I wouldn't really call those "race tires" most people running A048 are using them up on street/weekend track cars or using them as rain tires for amateur races. If you hangout at the track enough or at the race prep shops your bound to come up with some barely used slicks off some formula cars... I'll let you know next time I find a set
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:39 AM   #51
reznunt
Hi!
 
reznunt's Avatar
 
Drives: EF Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
I wouldn't really call those "race tires" most people running A048 are using them up on street/weekend track cars or using them as rain tires for amateur races. If you hangout at the track enough or at the race prep shops your bound to come up with some barely used slicks off some formula cars... I'll let you know next time I find a set
ya, that's what i was looking for, take-offs from a weekend autocrosser that i could possibly use on the street. i have no use for full slicks. but let me know if you see anything that's streetable! tia
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #52
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.
 
Imagine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
While they might not be race tires, they probably wouldn't be a good choice for me since it's like 50 degrees here in the mornings durring the summer and in the fall, it only gets into the upper 50s. I simply wish Yokohama made the AVS ES100s in that size. Then again, if I could sell my Rays wheels, I might still pick up a set with the Coopers or the Sumitomos. As I mentioned, my Cooper Cobra GTs were a decent daily driver tire.
You must drive like a NUT!
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #53
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.
 
Imagine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 241
I guess that's probably why most people have spare wheels for AutoX. It's hard to find a good mix of long lasting/sporty tires.
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #54
2006fronty
 
2006fronty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Mazda3 iTouring
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Bernardino
Posts: 234
I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead lol. Any updates on the Lenso VPD wheels 03Z33? I wouldn't mind getting a set since they're pretty cheap. Do you have any more pictures of them on the Yaris? Reznunt's pics don't show up anymore This is the only other pic I can find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-25-07-lenso04.jpg (43.2 KB, 165 views)
__________________
2006fronty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yaris Engine Swaps!!! Duckywitbigfeetz Performance Modifications 88 06-24-2009 02:57 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.