Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #55
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
That'll buff right out...
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #56
goku87

Drives: Black HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by k r a y z e e . j o j o View Post
That's awesome

So your next Yaris: basic model or S?
Not gonna lie, I'm probably going to get a tC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
That'll buff right out...
I know right?

-----------------------------------------------

Anyway, I went to the salvage yard to get personal effects out of what was left of the Yaris, and to my surprise, the claims adjuster was there checking out my vehicle. How convenient. He told me he would have to wait until he could run the numbers, but it was pretty much totaled.

1.5 down, 1.5 to go lol:
  1. Police: not my fault
  2. Insurance: not my fault
  3. Car status: totaled
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #57
minired5stby

Drives: Yaris S liftback
Hey if you get a Tc that will be cool. You should join Scion Evolution in your area if you do. I also have a Tc as well. If you have any ques let me know.
minired5stby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:38 AM   #58
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I dont know how to break this to you but based on the picture you drew Im not exactly sure whos at fault here in this accident. I mean I dont know but if the other persons lawyer gets a hold of this post who knows what they might do with it. Remember its not whos rights its who has the most devious lawyer. Oh well too late now!
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #59
jimek

Drives: 2009 yaris hatch 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku87 View Post
[*]Actually, the person turning right vs the lefty has the right of way, hence the term "right of way."
theres more than one meaning to the word right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I dont know how to break this to you but based on the picture you drew Im not exactly sure whos at fault here in this accident. I mean I dont know but if the other persons lawyer gets a hold of this post who knows what they might do with it. Remember its not whos rights its who has the most devious lawyer. Oh well too late now!
+1
jimek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #60
goku87

Quote:
I sent the photos and the drawing to the insurance company already and they said they were very informative. The witness is the key factor in this one. Because of him, the insurance company has just informed me today that the person at fault has been determined to be her. So as it stands:
  • Police: not my fault
  • Insurance: not my fault
  • Car status: totaled
But I was also informed that the other driver might not have the right coverage.

Awesome...

Thank goodness for full coverage right? lol
Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #61
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I wouldnt go anywhere without under/uninsured motorist insurance! As much as I can get! Estimates are in NJ where I live 40% of all motorists have NO insurance. The three other members of my family (but not me!) have been rear ended a total of four times in the past six or so years. Only ONE of the other drivers had insurance. And that one bitched to no end when her company paid $4000 in repairs to cover our car.
So yeah you need full coverage these days and eyes in the back of your head. Its good the cops and the ins co are on your side!
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:44 AM   #62
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Wow that bites. Always a danger when driving a tiny car in a big car culture. I've had a few close calls myself.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:34 AM   #63
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
I wouldnt go anywhere without under/uninsured motorist insurance! As much as I can get! Estimates are in NJ where I live 40% of all motorists have NO insurance. The three other members of my family (but not me!) have been rear ended a total of four times in the past six or so years. Only ONE of the other drivers had insurance. And that one bitched to no end when her company paid $4000 in repairs to cover our car.
So yeah you need full coverage these days and eyes in the back of your head. Its good the cops and the ins co are on your side!

+1
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #64
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Rule of thumb when driving anywhere, anytime:

Quote:
You might be right. You might be dead right.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #65
goku87

Updating the Almost Dead Thread

Finally got the settlement money, minus my deductible. My insurance is going after the other insurance company (subsidiary of 21st) because they claimed it was 50/50, and my insurance said that was bologna. They told me they probably did that only because 21st has been having a lot of money issues lately and they will probably have to go to insurance court to get them to pay for damages. So that's all out of my hands now. At least the settlement was all taken care of and I got the main bulk of the money to pay off the rest of the loan.

As for damages, going back to empty out the car, this is what I remember seeing:
  • The engine had dropped and moved backwards a considerable amount
  • The hold was pushed back so far it was embedded into the windshield
  • The doors didn't close straight because the whole frame was bent
  • Interior panels had popped off because the car frame was bent that much.

I have been looking around for a new car, still undecided though. I was very close to buying a tC about a month or so ago, but now I'm about 70ish% sure I'm probably going to get another Yaris. They are just awesome.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #66
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Buy the car you want at a good price and be happy!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #67
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
same shit happen to me when my Yaris was totalled, the other guys ins co said they were not going to pay... blah blah blah. My ins co got me a check super fast so I could get into a new car. They did subtract my deductible at first, but they ended up recovering that from the other guys ins co. I had no luck trying to find another Yaris, and that is why I bought my xB, cause that is all I could find. Now I am back into something I really want to drive a black Rav4 :)
Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #68
advocate

Drives: car
Send the ECU to CTScott!!! Also if your cluster had a tach snatch that out if you can it will sell here easily =)
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #69
totorron28

Drives: Yaris hatchback 2007
Send a message via MSN to totorron28
damm!!..men...sorry 4 ur lost..i imagine the insurance give 2 u a new car isnīt?..4 luck doesnt happnt anything 2 u!!...sorry..of what angle hit u?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #70
goku87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
same shit happen to me when my Yaris was totalled, the other guys ins co said they were not going to pay... blah blah blah. My ins co got me a check super fast so I could get into a new car. They did subtract my deductible at first, but they ended up recovering that from the other guys ins co. I had no luck trying to find another Yaris, and that is why I bought my xB, cause that is all I could find. Now I am back into something I really want to drive a black Rav4 :)
The dealer said he could order one for me exactly how I want it, so if I decide to go that route I'm covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate View Post
Send the ECU to CTScott!!! Also if your cluster had a tach snatch that out if you can it will sell here easily =)
ECU and gauge cluster are property of the insurance company when a vehicle is totaled. The adjuster let me take out the calzzio seat covers and a couple other things, so if I decide to get something other than a Yaris I will start posting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totorron28 View Post
damm!!..men...sorry 4 ur lost..i imagine the insurance give 2 u a new car isnīt?..4 luck doesnt happnt anything 2 u!!...sorry..of what angle hit u?
It was pretty much head on. It sucked. Majorly.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #71
rwyu

Drives: 2010 Yaris; 2008 BMW 335i
Ouch! Are you sure you are okay after the accident? I know for some people who think they were okay afterwards, but injuries come much later such as pinch nerve on your cervical (C1-C7 neck area) and problems in their lombar (lower back) area in the long run. You should have got yourself checked out from the doctors since you can use med pay to cover any medical fees depending on your coverage.
rwyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #72
goku87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwyu View Post
Ouch! Are you sure you are okay after the accident? I know for some people who think they were okay afterwards, but injuries come much later such as pinch nerve on your cervical (C1-C7 neck area) and problems in their lombar (lower back) area in the long run. You should have got yourself checked out from the doctors since you can use med pay to cover any medical fees depending on your coverage.
Had an X-Ray and CT scan. Nothing major, C4 slightly out of alignment. Been going to the Chiropractor twice a week for 5 weeks. For a while there I couldn't move my neck at all, but now it's much better.